1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Im not compleatly agree with you...But if we get AC FFB and Physx and put it in PCars 2 .....this gone a be my game in the future years! :) but is my dream only , the reallity is way differend :)

2. Can we please stop these irrelevant posts? This thread is going to ****. Im tired of getting notications when you post about your uninformed opinions of other games (and this game). I'm starting to see why the PC people are annoyed of the console people.

I'd like to get notifications when there's actually relevant information thats credible.

3. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yeah there's barely FFB on a wheel. It's clearly designed to play with controller. Forza is great for customization. There's a lot of incredibly talented Forza painters who make mind blowing liveries. There's a japanese guy, an absolute alien in the Forza paint booth. Sometimes I wonder how it's even possible to make that accurate paints --!>

svenvangent likes this.
  4. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I think you've missed my point ! AC has indeed got the best physics and FFB experienced on console, there's no denying it. But that's all it has going for it when compared to wlthe likes of GT, pCARS, Forza etc etc. They're a small team, I get that (that's the defacto excuse for the slow progress IMHO) but who forced KS to release the game on console if they couldn't keep up the pace of development ? OK, the likes of PD, SMS and Turn 10 have a bigger budget, more staff etc, but ultimately KS still went ahead and said the console version wouldn't be a "dumbed down" port of the PC game, but it is ! If the release had been delayed so the different platforms could have been synchronised in terms of features it would have been better.
    Ultimately, AC is a fantastic showcase for what is possible in respect of FFB and physics but the gameplay and features that are not only expected, but demanded for a console release are sorely lacking.

5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't agree more.

It's always amazing to see these guys at work. Their creations are truly incredible, considering they're all done with basic shapes and nothing else.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    rich1e I likes this.
  6. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

They were considered a sim because you had to break to make turns,unlike Need for speed lol.you are absolutly rigth,they are simcades,you do have to follow a couple of rules to do fast and clean laps but they lack various aspects of real racing like physics,steering lock,etc...

rich1e I likes this.
  7. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yeah they have to make everything pretty much from scratch. The top guys have hundreds of logos already done and saved so the incredible amount of time put into it definitely pays off.

Oh Forza is still considered as full sim by many people. Dan Greenawalt himself was talking about a "hardcore simulator". Forza can be fun indeed if you enjoy ingame or private leagues, but I stopped taking Forza seriously since they introduced wheel spins to win prices and released car packs with limos, Hot Wheels Bone Crushers and Pontiac Aztecs (an SUV kind of car, which took the title away from the Fiat Multipla for being the ugliest car in the world)

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  8. Wow, to all you people comparing this game to Gran Turismo, Project Cars and Forza, it's amazing the lack of knowledge in your posts. It's seems most of you console users aren't used to how a PC game can evolve over time. Just look at the titles of the games you guys are naming. Gran Turismo has had 7 installments. They're business model isn't even the same as this companies. It's disgusting to see things like, "just drop AC physics into Forza," you're insulting the hard work it took to even get to code the physics that have produced such results, as if it's so simple to drag and drop.

You all have been conditioned by consoles mindlessly buy the next installment of any given game. If you look at when this game was announced and released, and the progression it has achieved in the time it has, few others have achieved this, and to add to that, with such little resources. If you compare Gran Turismo 4 all the way up until Sport, it's the same ****ing game up to 80%. If you compare the game Assetto what it is now on PC to what it was when it was first released, the progression is extremely impressive.

PC people are used to these kinds of life lengths because they haven't been conditioned to buy a new console every 5 years. To be fair, yes, you do have to upgrade your computer eventually, but the platform is universal, and you don't have to completely redo your game because a completely new system is out, so yes PC has continuity to it.

And Kunos decided to bring this PC concept of development overtime to console. They're not the first, but to the efficiency at which they've done it, is rare, not in any of the games you're comparing AC too..

Project Cars still has game braking bugs to this day. When you create a server, someone joins, you lag. This is since day 1. The netcode is horrible. In AC, I've rarely had people warp around, in Project Cars, it's rare not to find someone warping. In Project Cars there's a small window where you can jump the start and not get penalty, not fixed to this day. And what do SMS do... do they fix it? No, they announce Project Cars 2.... That is the difference between AC and the rest of the titles you name.... there's still only Assetto Corsa... not Assetto Corsa 2 and any sign of it yet. Because this game is STILL evolving and shows even more promise for the future. And most have you been conditioned so that you can't fathom the concept of a continuously evolving product. Instead you BEG for sequels so you can buy the same game from developers who are more than willing to take your money.

Yes, Kunos takes their time... we all know this. This has even frustrated me. But they have delivered. If you are searching for quantity over quality, that isn't here. Then yeah, go play Forza, Project Cars, or whatever else. They may give you more cars and tracks, but not near this quality. And Assetto Corsa is still growing.

And yes, there are other examples such as racing games like these, such as iRacing and rFactor, whom I also think have done a good job of this, and I'm looking forward to checking out GTR3, so yea, I know Assetto Corsa is not the end all, be all. But it's definitely one of the better ones.

Shinzenbi, paul_wev and Darera like this.
  9. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

You cant judge or impound your vision..over the other people...not everyone is happy with AC on console and not everyone agree with your point of view of Project Cars and the Project Cars 2...if you like AC have only two reasons FFB and Physx...but the slow development and the difference between console and pc version is huge...and many people didnt like it at all...people on console pay mountly to use online services...and a much higher price for the games..and they expect a good finished product at lunch...so dont judge him why they prefere Project Cars with all bugs incluided..many still enjoying Pcars over AC on console and this you can see it in the multiplayer rooms by yourself...and all this talk about the true reallity...AC is absolutly good game...but the lack of content makes people drop it away and goes back to other games...in any case..AC..and Project Cars are good and bad in different points...having it both is the full racing experiance for many...but when PCars 2 comes out many people who are bored of AC game modes and fetures gone a make a step in PCars 2 and you gone a see by yourself the amount of sales what gone a make... And from there comes the question if is worth all this Waiting ...or not? In my case i go enjoy both games...and in case of Pcars2 gives me all what i like to see and play in a racing game is obvious to spend my time there and not in AC...or reverse..if not satisfy my "needs" gone a support AC and every dlc for it... Everything is too diferend to be compared and you canot say AC is the best game because is not true...AC have only better FFB and physx nothing more compared to PC1 and with 2 this gap gone a be bigger in favor of Pc2 with all new fetures who never gone a exist in AC...

hoss2852, TheGT500 and Timm2012 like this.
  10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm on p cars tonight, for 1 reason only I'm in a private lobby with my mates. Racing all night in a social party.
    We're be able to do it in a/c sooooon lol

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  11. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Can I ask if you have experienced AC on console ?
    I am a console gamer, I have no interest in buying or building a PC and prefer the "plug and play" simplicity of either dropping a disc in, or downloading software designed for my PS4.
    You need to at least try to get into the mindset of a console user and not get so hung up on the PC way of doing things. With a PC game such as AC that actively encourages using mods and the ability to use third party apps to make the game play the way want it, to shape this, change that.
    On consoles, we are limited by what a dev gives us, or what Sony or Microsoft will allow. No apps, mods or whatever for us ! I made my choice to play console only, I'm not bitter or jealous of what PC players can do to make their experience better, I'm just annoyed that KS has released the game on console, advertising the fact it will be the same as the PC, but only delivering a fraction of its features.
    This, coupled with the lack of information that is conveyed to us is the main cause of the negativity it receives from the console fraternity. You need to ask yourself, if KS makes a sequel and decided to favour consoles, denies PC users from modding, and holds back certain key features from the console version, would you calmly take it lying down ?

12. Darera

Darera Gamer

Unfortunately no. The choice of the initial difficulty, during the first installation of the games, dominates, on the parameters of an online show. That's why there's an option when you're looking for an online game. Level of difficulty of the opponents. This is the only way to end up with players who have the same level of difficulty. And it is not even certain that an "amateur" player, with driving help, minimal tire wear (his definition when installing the game) can join a "Proffesionel" session without any help in driving , Tire wear maximum, and in this way have an advantage of tires that wear less quickly, help with steering and so on. The parameters specific to the show, influence only in equal ways, the players of the same level (the one chosen at the installation of the games). It is as impossible to know the degree of difficulty as to your opponents. There is just a trophy that can pretend to know. And this is not a guarantee, a player can pass the trophy, then erase his games and reinstall it, with a lower difficulty level. The trophy will remain.Yes Pro leagues, there are, but just by name. When we can not see this, can we criticize another game?Beware, I'm not saying that Pcars is a bad game, it's even one of the best, let's just say, that it's not as good as one might think. It is true it is fun and well filled, but it also has a number of defects which, without jumping to the eyes at first sight, are nevertheless, very large gaps, sufficiently important, to say that it is not A play without reproach. And even less, to organize or participate in fair championships. It is better to play solo, career mode. Like what, when you know that. From a point of view, for purists. It is not, much more advanced, than AC in online racing. Yes, there are many options ...

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Your missing my point, it's a hypothetical idea drop a/c physics into forza. Forza has the game side nailed, career and online, not all that spinning wheel rubbish that's crept in. A/c has the physics/Ffb nailed. Add the 2 together you get the perfect game. A/C should look at forza, especially the online side of things, and forza should look at a/c handling/Ffb model.

14. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Still no news on the Community update for consoles then? Way off track aren't we!

15. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Its obvious we are so bored of the lack of news from Kunos for the next update amd we turn this in all kind of discussion about the entire racing genre :) but is normal the people comes here every day to check for something new and if Kunos stays silent we just talk about some pros end cons in differend game...because is nothing new about AC to discuss or send feedback..we just still waitin the day when we can see any news for the game..then probably we go discuss it...and no other games :)

Daz730 likes this.
  16. Dude if you're not happy with AC, no one is forcing you to play it. What point is there to complain and criticize? It just makes you look stupid. And to be fair, I've done it too and looked stupid for it. But when you just put things into better perspective and learn to enjoy what you have, things make more sense. I'm just trying to give more perspective because the perspective of a lot of console users on here seems really warped to me. I'm not judging anyone, I'm just saying, either deal with what you have or move on. If want to play something else and leave AC, go ahead, but it's annoying for you to make announcements about it.

A fraction of the features? Come on man.. you know that's a huge exaggeration. As far as ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME, it's identical. There are a FEW things missing, yes, which are planned to come. I've played both versions (console version MUCH more) and they've done a really good job of bringing it to console, in my opinion. Again, the console version is a little behind, yes, but it is catching up and fast. If you compare the development of AC on PC and console, you'll see that. And again... it's still evolving. There are many more cars planned Laguna Seca has also been announced and the level of quality of the tracks is second to none, in my opinion. But I've never tried iRacing and I've heard those are really good so I'll hold out on that last bit.

I've been a console user for a large portion of my life, and have had the PS4 for about two years now and had AC since launch, so I think I can get into the console user mindset. My childhood was a console childhood, but PC just will always be more friendly for gaming, it's just the nature of it. That's my opinion at least. I mean, just look at the update process. On console, Microsoft and Sony want you to meet their standards, then aprove it. On PC, as soon as you're done, just send it out. No secondary processes necessary.

If you prefer console, fine. There's pros and cons to both, but I'm just trying to explain the differences and why many console reasons are sitting around wondering what's going on with AC. It seems some of are the perfect target demographics for the Forza/Gran Turismo lot, where you just want a lot of content and features to shut you up.

I suppose maybe I did miss your point. But still, it's important you understand it's not so easy. The overall philosophy of both games are almost completely different. But I suppose you're right, in the sense that, they could learn from each other.

ppbucko, Kembro and pippo10 like this.
  17. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, isn't really true.
    GT and Forza are the most popular on Xbox and PS...

But in terms of physics there were little gems.

Xbox 360: Race Pro.
    PS2: Enthusia and Richard burns rally.

pippo10 likes this.
  18. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

"Dude if you're not happy with AC, no one is forcing you to play it" Probably because you cant understand what i try to explain you maybe because my English skills are not so good like yours , you think im not happy with AC...nowhere i said im not happy with it ...Im not happy with people lile you who deffend the lack of content compared to all other games on console..its obvious we are not happy with the version of assetto corsa on consoles and have a lot of reasons...and the principal one is the "cut" off many existing stuff in the pc version...others are descontent with the lack of comunications about what Kunos do with every patch...others are unhappy when you see all fetures in other games and in AC are not and never gone a exists... But nobody here is in the forums if they not have Assetto Corsa...so everyone buys it (many of us twice on pc and on console) and we buy it because we want a good game who have good FFB and Physx...but with the time this goes boring...and if you are happy with the cut of of Drag Racing for exemle im not, if you are happy with the slow development im not, if you are happy with the lack of fetures im not and for this i play other games and my AC acumulate dust from patch 1.9...yestarday i test the warm tyres in MP servers and in a hour or two i stop playing it again because i wait for button mapping and FoV and Seat ajustment and Custom lobbys...but this dont mean i go say AC is nothing..at reverse im not happy with all this lack and cut offs because i love the potential of the game..but im not so ignorant like you to make myself happy with something what the game cant give me...so what i do is play other games and keep waiting the news and changes...and if you read all my comments you gone a see i show my good points about the games doesent metter wich one...i not talking bad about AC...i just not agree with you who defend something who is obvious is not ingame! AC feels more like a demo of FFB and Physx who are at high level and is the strong poimts of AC...but dont tell me PCars is worst game who in reallity gives a lot more to do...and is much more compleated ... And to final i dont whant to argue with you i accept your point but not share it i cant agree with people like you who discard other sims and defend only one.... Look is simple example...Project Cars is on consoles before AC on Console...and on lunch have a lot of bugs but all fetures was there! And in AChave less bugs but also a lot less content and fetures...and saying this ..check multiplayer lobbys in both games in Ps4 and you can see lots more playing Pcars than AC..and why if how you say Pcars is so bad and full with bugs until date!? Why the people still playing it!? Why !? Is obvious...the content my firend ...the content is a hude sell point...if you offer a not finished game with only single player , few tracks and cars and a boring multiplayer server setup ...at least you can work to improve it ASAP..and this is not the case how Kunos make it...they need lots of time...how much time pass 10 mounths !? Do you recive any significant patch with a important stuff!? No ..you recive few bug fixes and a free track and a car...and this is repeat 3 times...and thats it...nothing new to do in the game...nothing is solved of the missing settimgs...ect ect..and is normal to have people who are frustrated...if you dont respect the money who gain with your work..many of us do it...and if we pay for a game on console we expect a game who we can enjoy most time is possible..And if i dont do it on AC this not mean idont like the game...i like it...but i miss all cut off content and settings from pc version...and until than i play other games and enjoys it...and with the time gone a loose interest in AC...and is not the faut of other game...is the faut of proper Kunos developmemt time...i buy the console to enjoy games not to play something who not fit with what i expected from PC version! For me was a huge surprise when i put the disk of Assetto corsa and form a party with my friends to play online and...booooomm surprise we cant change free what MP race we want and what cars we pick up and how many laps ect ect....ok ok...in few mounts maybe we get this...but booomm another surprise i cant put my Buttons how i like on the weel...later booomm surprise no voicechat in the multiplayer servers...boom no drag race...boom no fov...boom no seat ajustment...and booommm starting with cold tyres...too much "booms" was who i NEVER HAD IN PCARS !!!for this dont tell me you are sooo happy with the AC because its not true...and if is for you for many is not enought have only Good FFB and Physx and nothing else... So please respect all complains of the people...and opinions..we leave in free to speach time...and if you like to shut up in front of any problem we are not...and we express our feedback about the state of the game...for many is ok for many not...is normal...im happy with your enjoyment of the game...and you must be happy with mine..at least i enjoy AC and Pcars and fill the "soon" effect with a racing game..until AC get some cool stuff...and i know they gone a improve it a lot ...and probably expand it..but until then...please dont say me i not like AC and to go to other game...im not at 12 and you are nobody to tell me what i do or not... (and by the way i not insulting or talking bad aginst nobody and with this said ,i not brake any rule of the forums and if you dont like my points is up to you , at least i understand every complain of the people who ar not happy and also i undertand people who are happy with the curent state of AC) we are here to express our experiance with the game/s positive and negative...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  19. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

My *****ing eyes. Do u even paragraph m8?:confused:

20. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......we dont have the tools or options to play this as a sim. No matter how good the physics are everything stops at that point.