1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristiyan

Kristiyan Rookie

I tried GT Sport's Beta maaaan i was so disappointed.GT6 was better in evey way. Phisics, graphics(shiny doesnt mean better thats with most games today) sound, content everything.Project cars no please...Considering GT6 on PS3 how amazingly good it was, on ps4 10 times stronger machine these games are not any near it.Assetto now for me is revolutionary!The physics the sence of speed man!AC has the key;

2. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Let's put it into context. AC most definitely "has the key" yet it hasn't yet unlocked the door ! A racing / driving SIM needs more than just fantastic physics, especially when it will invariably be compared to other games in the same genre. The GT franchise is the defacto control subject to which other games are compared to. For the many faults with physics and FFB that GT 5 and 6 had, the overall experience was a lot more enjoyable from launch.
    Same with pCARS, OK, the amount of bugs when it released was laughable, but nearly all of them were ironed out in a short timeframe, and more importantly, SMS were open and honest about them and actually kept players in the loop with regular updates on what was being worked on with clear time frames. Also, the disparity between the console and PC version was much, much smaller than AC, as was the timing of patches. With pCARS, the longest wait between a PC patch and a console was around 5 days (excluding console specific hot fixes), not the 2~3 months we have with AC !

3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Hello there, are you aware that SMS has alot more staff than KUNOS? this would explain the difference between the release of the updates etc. also i feel the physics and stuff of AC are alot more complicated to get right than PCARS 1 was and is even more so difficult when your team only has something like 30 people working/developing the tittle, compared to SMS with god knows how many developing for it but i'm sure its alot more than 30? PCARS 1 at launch was developed with the consoles in mind which means they had more time focosing on PS4/Xbox 1 but the GAME still had plenty of annoying/game breaking bugs as you mentioned, were as AC was launched only on the PC at first which meant that when they decided to bring it to console they pretty much had to design and develope from the ground up to make there product work on the consoles, so when it finally came to the consoles the bugs were there but no where near the ammount PCARS 1 had and for me there has been no game breaking bugs so far. KUNOS are doing a fantastic job and dont deserve to be disrespected like most other studios do!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

SMS had about 70 employees when PCars was launched. Now they are 160.

5. Darera

Darera Gamer

To summarize the situation. The impatient, the detractors, all those who are not satisfied with AC, will buy Pcars 2, GTSport, to repress their anger, impatience. In this way "punish" Kunos.I am, too, anxious to update, but I trust them. I say to myself, that to the views, of the quality of their result, until now. I have reason to wait and that I will enjoy the best simulation games, which is possible on console.Pcars is not as perfect as you think. It's a good game, but not the simulation you think. For example, tire wear is not proportional to your driving style. It is linear in time, depending on the difficulty mode, that you chose, at the installation of the games. It is different, for each player, in, the same online show. No matter what the show's parameters are. The initial choice, when installing the game, takes precedence over the parameters of the show, this also applies to certain steering aid. Want to test?The easiest is tire wear.In an online lounge, go back to the booth, with new tires. Go get a coffee, get out the dog ... When you come back, after a while, your tires are worn, while you have not rolled !!! If you drive, no matter what your style, you will wear your tires at exactly the same speed. If this is the simulation !!!Pcars when we analyze it in depth, it's a good game, not a simulation. It is filled with many aproximations, which most players do not see. This is just an example and not words in the air you can test.I'm not saying AC is missing any blame, but it's far ahead in front of other console games. So with the future update. I dare not even imagine what it will become. I have full confidence in Kunos, it may be a bit slow, but for such a quality, I can be patient

paul_wev and alternatingcurrent like this.
  6. So are you saying kunos can't cope with the demand? And should hire more staff?

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im not saying nothing. Tekno was saying he doesnt know exactly the people working at SMS and I just wanted to clarify that.

bradleyland, pippo10 and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  8. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Impossibile to come back to play gtsport, i tried it days ago, physic is embarassing

TheGT500, LeDude83, pippo10 and 3 others like this.
  9. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

The most disappointing aspect of GT Sport for me is the dreadful steering wheel FFB. It is so poor that I now use my controller and only play enough to unlock the cars and give them a test run. I never expected the physics to be on par with AC so nothing surprising there.

Alex1996 and paul_wev like this.
  10. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I think you didn't have to play this game to understand that it would not match the great physics of Assetto Corsa .
    Kunos ..... I think I said something good about the game can I now have more tracks please ?

11. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Why some people compare AC or any other sim game to GT Sport...this games are in differend world. GT is not a sim racing game and yes before years until GT5 was good because not exist on console any competence but with the time we see a Racing sims amd the people who enjoy it never again gone a play GT game because is a compleatly out of realism, and their focus is to make a game to drive and thats it...but AC and Project Cars are maded a game who is focussed on racing not only in driving with a way better physx and FFB.. (on PC is other story, iRacing,rFactor,Automovilista,Project Cars,Assetto Corsa ect, ect..) In any case all this sim games have pros end cons..for this is good to play it all and see what is who you enjoy more and keep with that...for me is AC because of the Phisx and FFB and was the first game who made my favorite track Nordshliefe with a Laser Scan..but also i enjoy PCars because have a lot more features , its true the phisx and ffb are not so well like AC but all other parts are way better.. (and i cant wait for PCars 2,because they solve all problems of 1 and use a new real tyre stats from manufactures,laser and dron scans end a lot of new fetures who probably AC never gone a implement,like day/night and weather) For this is good if you guys like a racing sim aproach to enjoy all games of this type and keep what you like.. AC is must to have game if you dont care about all missing fetures..and Pcars 2 gone a be also must have if you want to enjoy a adrenaline and realistic racing envoirments and lots of stuff...so is pointless comparing any game to AC...because are differend..one gives you something another gives you what the first cant and is a circle of differend experiance..so if you guys a Racers...support AC and the development but open your minds of what comes with other games like Pcars 2 and then you can enjoy 2 games who gives you the best racing experiances until date! And remember "Dont Drink And Drive"!

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

I understand your point, but GT Sport calls itself "The real driving simulator", then you have to compare it with other sims. Maybe they should change it to "The real photography simulator" when I see how much effort is put into, a from my perspective, needless feature in a racing simulation...

TheGT500, paul_wev and PRO Stream BG like this.
  13. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes "the real driving simulator" must be changed..because nothing real is except the Car Brands and World Locations...but back in time was a huge success due of the lack of competition...now must be "the real driving game" simulator is out of place but is pure marketing and they obvious keep it up....looking all step backs in GT sport compared to GT5/6 i dont see me again in GT game in future...yes is like a spin off game because is not a GT7 but i think GT7 gone a follow the same line...of arcadish gameplay compared to a sims like AC or Pcars or others on PC...but in final is good to have games like it for a specific users.. NEED FOR SPEED and GT...and Forza must exist and offer what they offer..but are not a sim racing games, they are just a driving games who are foccused more in casual racers than hardcore competitive players who enjoys a bit more realism!

Alex1996 likes this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The real problem with GTsport ( If you enjoy the physics ) is the opponents ghosting and the wether the netcode is going to hold up.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  15. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Well, never heard of that. If that's the case, I don't even have words for this. Are you sure? Tried to do some research but couldn't find any info. Do you have a link or something maybe? There must be a discussion on this topic in the Project CARS forum. I know for sure tyre wear was an issue and it was fixed after a patch. But this??
    I'm a little bit confused about what you say about choosing difficulty when installing the game. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to choose anything.

16. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Its true,you had to chose dificuly.i have the goty edition so maybe it was only in that edition.right after instaling,there was a message about choosing dificulty,it had a couple of ones.but i dont think that influences anything.you see,before you can do custom races por career mode,you have to complete a race with the RWD lmp1 in Dubai,and only after that you could choose any car and track.i think that dificulty only afected that particularly race because after that you can turn on/off any driving aid you want

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Haven't they dropped "the real driving simulator" from GTsport?

18. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

No they not drop it GT sport still "The Real Driving Simulator" marketing info who in my opinion is a compleatly wrong! They remove it only from the disc cover image

Attached Files:

pippo10 likes this.
  19. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Damn, I can't remember the LMP race either. Anyway, as you say it should affect only this race. Difficulty is set by choosing the driving aids. I just can't believe that such unbelievably stupid tyre wear coding hasn't been discovered by major leagues (AOR are currently running the 6th or 7th season). In 1 hour races tyre wear and pit strategy are crucial. Nobody has come up with this issue? I'm really struggling to believe it. I mean, in fake news times and alternative facts I just got a little bit cautious with "news" and "claims" etc. :p

-------------------------------------------------------------

Before Project CARS and AC came out Forza Motorsport and GT were the most realistic racing games on console and they used to call themselves driving simulators. I don't know exactly about GT because I'm on Xbox One, but Forza has simulation aspects, so the genre is simcade. I think it's pretty obvious you can't compare both games to AC or Project CARS.

Hugo Catarino and PRO Stream BG like this.
  20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm on Xbox, if you could drop assetto physics/Ffb into forza you would have the perfect console racing game. Forza is still a controller game made for the mass market, it's ok on a wheel but nowhere near the level of A/C

XR6T, ZX636 and PRO Stream BG like this.