1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

.................... ...............I had alot more added to that but thought better of posting it

2. Umm.. ok. I don't understand what you're getting at. Did I offend you? I'm sorry if I did.

3. You guys haven't even scratched the surface of what it feels like to wait for SOON™ to come. While you pass the time here is a little history lesson on 'SOON™'.

Kunos announced at the end of December 2011 that Assetto Corsa would be released in 2012. Those of us that played Netkar Pro and Ferrari Virtual Academy couldn't believe that the guys that brought us the most realistic/immersive physics/ffb were now working on a sim that would actually have licensed content and laser scanned tracks. Just the thought of it was intoxicating enough to make every day waiting to drive it seem like a mini-eternity. Those of us that were hooked from the get-go had no idea what the reality behind a tiny dev team would actually mean, we all just assumed that the wait would only be a handful of months. We were very wrong.

The first playable version of Assetto Corsa released at the end of February 2013, fourteen full months after the initial announcement. It featured one car on one track (Lotus Elise @ Magione) and nothing else. Nine months later AC released as Early Access on Steam; there was only a handful of cars and tracks, no AI or MP. There would still be another six months of waiting on 'SOON™' before the first multiplayer race would take place. Thirty full months of waiting/anticipating that first MP race. And yeah, the netcode was pretty crap and features were extremely far and few between back then. There was more than a year of waiting through 'SOON™' just for the Nordschleife after it was announced. The C7 Corvette Stingray spent two and a half years occupying 'SOON™' time before it became a reality.

Kunos gets done what they say they are going to get done, and then some, but they take ALOT of time doing it; that fact simply comes with the territory of being a small dev team on a small and limited budget. You guys have even less devs working for you and those devs have hundreds more hoops to jump through than the PC coders had to deal with.

If you are going to hang around then find something to entertain yourselves because it is likely going to be a long ride before you get to the promised land.

Lord Kunos was the name of Stefano's childhood cat.
    [​IMG]

LeDude83, pippo10, Nwg and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

no, no, you didnt offend me or anything. I was just saying I had a long comment of a complaining nature and just chopped it down to that.

alternatingcurrent likes this.
  5. This post was actually very insightful. Thanks. I actually feel pretty ****ty about calling out Lord Kunos like that now.

EDIT -
    That made me laugh.

6. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

................................Well, let me start by pointing out this game certainly isn't the holy grail of sims like you think it is. It may be like that on P.C. but certainly not on consoles. It's severely behind and has yet to move in an improving direction. I understand your point and that may have been the case. Although we have to go by the game in this moment and the game at this moment according to all the comments across the board on the internet and social media is the console game is dead. I will explain to you why it has come to this needless and silly point.............. Needing lots of time isnt the problem and most players would understand that if thats explained by something other than repeated soons. Although, They are not going to be able to gain time by saying the end of march and then 2 months later say sorry we mean the end of may. We understand one doesn't miss estimate by 3 months and we see thru that. If they need time then they cant act like someone that owes us money telling us they will pay us next week knowing good and well they wont. Doing that, just like it does in everything in life, will grow things into this huge deal that has become something everyone is watching to see if it is infact going to be here in the next 8 days or if its going to have a 3rd "end of march" moment. My personal opinion at the moment is they have already surrendered consoles to pcars 2 long ago, all of this "soon" has been just a fun game, and there never was any real chance for the console version.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    hoss2852 and Daz730 like this.
  7. If the game is dead, and it really isn't that great of a sim anyways, then why are you here making multiple posts a day shedding virtual tears because of how long it is taking for an update to get released?

So the same guys that are here begging for info daily (and throwing virtual hissy fits even more often) would be understanding and patient if 505 simply said that an update would be released at some point this year and left it at that. Sure.

8. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

...... Because when the update hits, the game is going to be awesome, why else would I or anyone else check here every day? In fact I warn you will tend to see that in the last week of the time frame of when it's supposed to happen.I would even say the last couple of days in that time frame, such as it currently is, would be the perfect time to look. I have to admit I'm flattered that even though you don't want me to post, you still feel compelled to read what I post. I thank you and perhaps I need to try my hand at being an author since I have that effect on people. Back on the topic of patience, the answer is yes.

9. almost
    Kunos was his name.
    The "Lord" part is a reference to "Lord British" aka Richard Garriot from the Ultima games. Here's a link for the curious:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_British

EDIT: And of course yes, after basically coding one of the most successful racing game of all time by myself with no budget, and seeing it being compared to products written by teams of hundreds with millions of budget I do obviously have a pretty high opinion of myself :p This also obviously make some people uncomfortable, but you can also imagine how much I care about it :p . All in all I wish you all could achieve this in your life at least once.

Hobbsy, Davi2877, Glaurung and 14 others like this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Your cat?

I always thought you had a castle in Greek village "kounos" in Peloponnese : https://www.google.com/maps/place/Κ...8!3m1!1s0x1361f6304e45fb69:0x6a37021127960e40

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

sympathetic post *thumbs up*

12. If you bought AC for your console and are unhappy with the present content and post your dissatisfaction within a console thread you are called TROLLS, but if you bought AC for your pc and regularly jump into console threads trying to belittle what are you?

Reinart86, hoss2852 and DonZmeuheu like this.
  13. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Mickey Mouse :D

Daz730 likes this.
  14. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

She's not a developer, just the community manager for console forums and social networks.

It's moving in the right direction, because porting more features and options over to the console builds is certainly welcome.
    However, there're bigger issues, such as poor performance and lack of content, that might have done more damage than anything else.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

performance is a issue on xbox. full grid on multiplayer, the first few corners has stutter issues, then after there is fps issues. Some tracks are worst than others, its been well documented though from day 1. I think the only way forward though is buy a Pc or wait for scorpio. PS4 pro seems to have sorted out the fps issues.

rich1e I likes this.
  16. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

There are issues on PS4 too.
    That's my plan.

17. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

Because we paid full price and quite rightly expect a complete product. There is a total difference between early access on PC and a release on console. It isn't good enough whatever you say

gabriel2706 and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  18. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

... I think it's kind of fun being called a fanboy, defending the game all the time, one day and the next day being accused of crying and complaining about the game every day with virtual tears while throwing hissy fits. Makes the reading interesting.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.

19. Careful l got a warning for above quote, apparently it was abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to troll.

Donald_Trump2016,

Your actions in this message (Community Update - Console) are not appropriate. We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
    KS Dev. Programmer | Stefano Casillo

20. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

... Thats understandable. Just a warning.