1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont think it comes down to "understanding the needs or wants of console players", it comes down to making money. The more platforms a game is on the more potential customers they have. I think in this case Kunos saw an opportunity to port their game over to the consoles, while also having a porsche expansion drop around the same time and knew theyd make some money off of game sales as well as dlc.

Even though i do enjoy the game it just doesnt stack up well compared to other games. I think its the perfect example of like you said a pc game using the modding or 3rd party community to its advantage by filling in certain gaps in its features.

TRC GeorgiaDawg likes this.
  2. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

That's a rather cynical viewpoint. Basically, you're saying it was a cash grab, which implies that they really don't care about the product.

I would make the argument that anyone developing racing sims is unequivocally not in it for the money. In fact, I'm sure everyone at the Kunos' offices are having a great laugh over your comment. You see, development skills are in incredibly high demand right now, so if you have any level of proficiency, there are better options. If money is what motivates you, building a racing sim is near the bottom of the list of things you should pursue.

3. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I dont agree with you about the vision what you have! Because if they lunch a console version focussed to make money must be a differend picture! To make money you must lunch a game and stop supporting it with new content and only focus on bug fixing about a mounth or two...and later thats it...in case of Kunos they works with proffesional sim software for a Huge car manufacture, also they still working on PC version so much years adding and expanding the fetures...and im sure they gone a stop at 2020 maybe when reach the maximum of the possibilitys of the game development! And the console version exist because have a lot of people who requested it due of the success of AC on PC...and we must be happy to see it on consoles...its true many stuff is missing compared to pc build but they gone a make it posible with FREE UPDATES with the time! The development on console is slow because they work on 3 differend versions simultanious PC the easy main platform Ps4 and xbox one also is a bit differend development between them so for this we see a slow progress...if the game was only on one of the consoles must be faster with sure...and about DLCs every game get a DLC packs why not Kunos!? In the end we choice if we buy it or not...at least they give us free tracks and cars also.. Making money games are for exemple Call Of Dutty every year same game reskined..Fifa and F1 games the same...you cant make a new game every year and support it until the next release this is makeing money . Kunos lunch a new IP on consoles and keep suporting and expand it and im sure they gone a do it until 2020 at least! We not gone see Assetto Corsa 2 for exemple..we have a good game base in development..with huge potential and we gone a see a many more years support for it! So please dont mix the focus of making money with a good base game in expansion and continue development...yes is slow..yes many fetures miss compared to other games...but in final we have a good product in developmemt...if they stop expandid it after a year of the release ok...i gone a be agree with you,but i dont think Kunos gone a do this...and im sure they gone support the game until 2020...

4. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I never said it was a cash grab. I dont think anything i said shoudve been taken offensively, it was my opinion just like you have your own. I dont think they were 100% behind this release, i dont know names and im not going to bother to find links but im pretty sure someone from kunos wasnt to keen or interested in making a console port.

Without going into any details on peoples opinions on the games strengths and weaknesses, like any game we buy we are accepting the developers vision or design choices for said game. I knew coming into this what id be getting for the most part, but there were some things that i didnt know werent going to be in the game.

I dont come on this forum complaining about what i think the game should have. But from what ive seen when others have done this a lot of times is straight up disrespect. The words spoiled, entitled and children come to mind when any complaints or "negative" comments are made abot the game.

I would agree some have taken it too far and consistently either bring up the same topics or try to point out their own issues regardless of the topic at hand. But i dont believe ive done this and i shouldnt have someone jump down my throat and tell me that people are laughing at my comment because i feel as though this was a business decision more than anything else.

I dont know their reasons why they released the game on the consoles, no one does but them. As far as saying anyone making a racing sim is "unequivocally" not in it for the money cant really be said considering that most "sims" arent free.

Assetto Corsa isnt a free to play game, its a product that costs money. Some people are dissapointed in their choice to purchase the game, while as i said im not. I did my research, bought the game and bought the season pass. Am i dissapointed with certain features not being available on consoles of course, have i complained about the plan or the time frame for these things to get implemented, no i havent.

Im not a game developer i dont know whats involved, nor do i care tbh, if they choose to not add anything to a game after release thats their prerogative. Ive been playing games for 30 years, the only thing i expect from a game is that it works and theres no game breaking bugs. Other than the tuning save bug on xbox one the game works as intended and i have no other issues.

ZX636, fedepino and ppbucko like this.
  5. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont know where i said their "focus" was to make money. I think the opportunity presented itself to them to expand their player base which in turn makes sales which generates money. They didnt spend time and money to port the game to consoles and expect to not make their money back and then some. The console space has lacked a sim racing game, pcars showed that there was a market for it and it was inevitable another developer would follow suit.

6. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

This is obvious every developer must get paid for hes work and what they lunch...and i hope they make a lot of sales and invert this "money" for continuous support of the game and im sure they do exactly this...so is normal to release a dlc packs...at least they are compleatly developed dlcs with a high quallity cars...and is good...i prefere pay for a Porsche packs in game than pay for a RE SKIN gun in COD for exemple...or like now Narco Roads for Ghost Recon Wildlands who cost 15 euro and you recive 9 new guns who are basicly same like you have but with skins! This is exemple of make money dlc plan.... And not what Kunos do...in any case we must continue support it if we can and if the car dlc is what we like..because this is good for the developmemt if they success we success too with the time...I dont know whats the price of car packs because i own Seasson Pass...but until now im hapoy with every DLC...and unhappy with the lack of communication about what they do with the next patch but all this gone a change...when somebody continue support the product we all be happy ...developers because of success of sales and users because we get a quality product and not every year same game with differend skins and maps (COD) ! I prefere pay 100 euro for a game with seasson pass for exemple and who is in continuous decelopmemt than spend 70 euro for a game who in next year gone out other and cost again 70 euro base game end 15 euro each dlc (Fifa,CoD,ProEvoSoccer,F1 ect ect)

7. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I bought the season pass, i have no issues with that. When i mentioned the porsche expansion it was to show that by releasing the game as well as the dlc around the same time it was the opportune moment to do so, which is what they did, to optimize sales, to make money.

8. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

My understanding is this isn't a sort of monster company with a monster game title that can be milked for every penny. Of course its also a company that needs to make money and that's the goal. Allthough, this update has grown into a huge deal for the console game. On social media, the mountain of comments everywhere about the console game is it simply is dead. That's not just my opinion, Just read the comments on the video they released today on their facebook page, and every other facebook page that covers the game is filled with those comments also. I sincerely hope they have been focused with all hands on deck and get this update to us in the next 10 days. The game certainly cant take a 3rd "the end of march" moment.

Timm2012 and PRO Stream BG like this.
  9. spoghead

spoghead Rookie

DUNKY- DOPEUS likes this.
  10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Guys, when we have an exact launch date, we'll let you know!

11. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Also... In terms of what's in the update, we're going to be sharing that info with you guys very soon. (Sorry for using the word soon) Stay tuned to our forums!

12. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Thanks , don't leave it to long ;)

13. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

ppbucko and Daz730 like this.
  14. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

15. I'm sorry but how do you expect us to believe you when it's been almost 2 months of this exact same thing and nothing to follow?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Donald_Trump2016 and Kevin Kirk like this.
  16. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

.................................................................They should be aware of how far they have ran that into the ground. It might be so far in the ground, that it has buried the game.

17. Think they might be aware of it. Noticed he apologized for using the word soon. Actually, that was one of the better posts I've ever seen from a dev. Doesn't have any real news to give, but also jokingly acknowledges the frustration their "soon" updates have caused.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  18. *deleted*

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    ohjeah likes this.
  19. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

........................You never know, They might have a bombshell of a update in their pocket with info that they are not allowed to say.

20. *deleted*

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017