1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoghead

spoghead Rookie

Notice how the "Custom Lobbies" thread has been deleted and this one spawned in it's place.....

With no mention in the title, or comments thus far, of custom lobbies.

Smells fishy much?

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  2. Your opinion has never been different Kevin, you have defended relentless on the forum, kissing as like a good little fanboy does!

Exactly my friends, we all know custom lobbies is coming, that its "almost ready", announcement while good to hear direct from Kunos, and the master himself, doesn't give us any new info, I agree with everyone else, info on the update, and everyone saying turn10/poly this and that, are talking rubbish, we always had info on what was coming. it must be so frustrating for Kunos to see all the *****ing, from people like myself etc, but it's common sense, just give some info, at this stage they know whats going to be in the update, just say this is what is defo going to be in the update and this is what we are hoping will be in it. won't satisy everyone and will stil be some who say yeah thats good but what about this etc etc, but it would stop the majority and allow other more productive discussion to take place. PEACE

Tony P, ppbucko and PRO Stream BG like this.
  3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

OK, so if the release comes, and it includes custom lobbies, are you guys going to show any gratitude? I'm just curious. I'm not trying to incite you, or call you out. I'm just curious what your perspective is?

FWIW, I also find it strange that we haven't seen more detailed previews, but that's just Kunos' operating style. It's kind of like Microsoft versus Apple. Having worked with both platforms for many years, Microsoft loves to give previews of what's coming, while Apple keeps their mouth shut until release. It's maddening, but that's just how Apple operates. IMO, you should vote with your wallet/feet.

Personally, I've learned to live with companies like Kunos and Apple, but plenty of people can't/won't. I get it. What I don't get is the incessant negativity. Why would you continue to stay in an environment that brings you so much frustration?

4. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Can i respond to your question about if we give him credit if custom lobbys are on the update...in my case i not give it credit because i think this must be availible at lunch...But i gone a be happy and give them credit and positive feedback if also in the update have Button mapping /pedal and wheel calibration, FOV better change and seat ajustible settings...I hope you accept my answer :)

ppbucko and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  5. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Because of the potential reward we so crave.

6. Exactly

7. Hey Bradley, it depends my friend, as I am really looking for button mapping, FOV options also, and custom lobbies i vague, it will depend on exactly how custom they are. but for me the big thing is on console the physics aren't same as PC and I don't care what anyone says, it feels different, which I can accept as there are clearly limitations, but on other hand /C came out when the PC specs where not much better than current consoles, I could be wrong there as it's not my area of expertise.

I played the PC version on my friends top end PC with Vr, and thats what made me fall in love with the game. I really want to see an improvement in the drive ability of the some of the cars, but it may well be a mixture of different physics and my g29 wheel not being great on A/C for console, but not sure as on my friends PC he had a g29 also. I think the wheel has deadzone issues across many titles, hope this answers your question my friend.

8. bradleyland

Of course I accept your answer. I'm not the type of person to get angry at someone for having an opinion :)

I would offer some constructive criticism for the folks who persist with the argument that it should have been in the game at launch.

First, I agree. I was really disappointed that it wasn't in the game at launch. Frankly, I was shocked that it wasn't, and I spent a fair amount of time making sure that my dissatisfaction was heard. However, that was literally months ago. The game was launched in late-August 2016.

At this point, the shortcomings of Assetto Corsa at launch are very, very well known. If you bought the game after launch, and you didn't understand what you were buying, well then shame on you. If you bought the game at launch (or pre-ordered, like me), then you have to recognize that constantly reiterating that Kunos fell short back in August 2016 doesn't help anyone. It just brings more negativity to the community.

Imagine you bought a pre-paid ticket for dinner event at a fancy restaurant that you've heard great things about. When you bought the ticket, it clearly said, no refunds. You go to the event, and unfortunately, the food is not to your liking. You send your food back, and they bring another. It takes a long time, and when the food comes, you're still not happy with it. You send it back once more, and again, it takes a long time, and the result is not as you'd hoped. In anger, you shout at the waiter a bit, and he sends the manager over. You shout at the manager a bit, and demand a refund. The manager explains that he cannot refund your money, and you find yourself in a state of deep frustration.

At this point, what do you do?

Do you stay at the restaurant for days on end, shouting at everyone who comes through the door about how horrible your experience was? Of course you don't. You leave, you don't visit the restaurant again, and you tell all your friends to avoid the place.

That's what I don't understand. There is a very vocal group of individuals who repeat the same exact arguments over, and over, and over, and over. At some point, you have to step back and honestly question what your goals are. Do you really want the game to improve, or do you just want some vengeance for what you feel is a deal gone bad? Maybe it's the latter, but I don't see a lot of people giving that question honest consideration.

All I can feel for this kind of behavior is pity. Someone who is not willing to walk away from a circumstance that brings them unhappiness is bound to be unhappy in life. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and move on.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  9. bradleyland

You know what I think would help tremendously, is if Kunos would publish a feature request tracker. Enterprise software developers use them to handle these exact issues. When you have a user-base with very specific needs and wants, it is critical that the software developer prioritize.

A feature request tracker allows the community to find (or create) feature requests that match their request criteria. If they find a match, they can "upvote" the feature. This gives the developer a clear picture of which features the community values most. It also gives the user a voice in a way that clearly sets expectations.

One thing is certain: forums are a horrible medium for this task. There's no centralization, and the search feature isn't well suited for finding only feature requests.

paul_wev and jamie mullaney like this.
  10. Great Idea, I find the Lobby issue is over riding other aspects that could be improved, and it gives a sense of priority. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on if they think there is a difference in feel and physics between console and PC rather than just features. I hate maybe bundling all PC players into same bracket and I am not, but I feel many of the PC crowd can't have a decent discussion as they tend to be more hard core gamers, higher skill level due to the amount of time playing mainly, all PC gamers I know spend most of their free time playing cpu games, and also some are just better gamer's in general which is why they go for PC to maximize their experience, but here's my point if they are very good at a game and frequent forums they can have sense of higher Importance and feeling of connection or whatever, maybe not best analogy, and refuse to see any failures with the game in question and become blinded. I really din't think the two versions drive the same,it's not just about a lack of features for me.

paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  11. bradleyland

I've not played the PC version, but we do know for a fact that the PC version is ahead of the console versions, so it can be stated with confidence that the two drive differently.

There's a significant selection bias on the PC, because of the higher cost of entry. Most people who spend $1,500 on a gaming PC aren't willing to waste their time wrecking in to people online. Add to that, the fact that AC is a difficult game that requires expensive peripherals, and you see a relatively small number of people who are out to ruin everyone's fun on PC. The console version costs the same as any other game, and you can play it with a gamepad, so the barrier of entry is much, much lower.

The result makes perfect sense :)

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

pippo10 likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats not true. Online racing on PC was a wreckfest before a user made a plugin that helped out with those guys. Yeah, and admins help too. But you would be surprised by how many that find pleasure in ruining others race, its unfortunately not a console exclusive. Its not only hardcore simracers on PC.

14. bradleyland

Sorry, it seems I mischaracterized a bit. I don't mean to say PC is problem free, but in terms of quality of racer, I would expect PC to be better on the whole. That's not the same as 100% wrecker free.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I probably read your post wrong since you never said that everyone drive clean. But its enough with one driver that decide to destroy the race for everyone else for the server to become chaos. Before the plugin it was very common to run into those and admins were the only thing that could keep it clean. I hope you will enjoy more fair racing on console aswell now when private lobbies are finally coming.

bradleyland likes this.
  16. My bag Kevin, apologies.

17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Totally agree with you, i hope in the next "resturant" we eat a good dinner with a PCars 2 :) but this time the seasson pass "dessert" gone a order it only if the dinner is good :) And now serious, i was so happy with the AC release anuncement on consoles, and i preorder it ,because i know what PC game is...and in my case i exexted not the same version...i expected better version (here starts my error) and i expected the better version because looking the actual market on consoles of sim race games...who is with few important games compared to PC large selection of sims...i expected to see a huge "boom" in the market of consoles coming from AC...i was so exited and forgot about the posibility we can get a "base version" and with the time goes good enought! All this was my faut ...but what i cant understand is why if they know their AC version on PC is so superior than the Console..why they lunch it at this state...why they not hold the release and works on it and when have it at par or almost to release it...here my frustration is about AC but in reallity many devs do this, lunch a unfinished product...and im tired of that behaivior...console gamers are also gamers...they must recive a quallity products because the console marlet is much high money maker than pc game...also consoles pays a expensive games compared to pc..yes its true pc hardware is expensive compared to consoles but is not fair some devs can make same versions of their games and other not do it because they aways lunch too early...i want this to change..and everyone to understand , wea ara all gamers doesent metter pc or console...and everyone deserve a quality product...if AC dont existed on PC i never buy it at console at lunch..i buy it because i love the PC version and the Kunos work...and was disappointed really bad! Im any case the only thing what we can do is wait and prey they finish the development of console version before every9ne quits the game and chamge it to other...because doesent metter how far your game goes if your roadmap is so much time to acomplish, with the time people get bored, others start complain, otjer makes more angry, and feel stay and wait without any words...All this type of people are correct in some way..and wrong in other..so i understand everyone...and for me everyone is correct..the only problem is in the final all this waiting time gone a filter the gamers and many gone a drop the support and go to other sims...i gone do this if PC2 is a good enought for my likes..and i think gone a be....and i feel sad..really sad , because in lunch i was so happy and exited and looking how slow all goes my exitment goes away...and now i just dont care about the state of the game ...in the next year...i whant just to play "normal" a few more months before Pcars 2 release...thats all...and to do it finally i need button mapping,FoV and seat ajustments...all other missing stuff for me is in second position! Or at least i want to see a info when they gone a release this 3 basic features..and stop lookimg every single day ...20 times if have any news...my game still acumulating dust since patch 1.9... Now we are at 1.14 i think...and we hear from Kunos we work on it...about button mapping and seat ajustments...and i know this tree basic codes are not so difficult to implement...also if they focus on it and not on DLC cars..this fetures gone a be in game time ago... In any case i hope at least they are in this update..otherwise idk if can wait more for it...is just my last patience!

svenvangent likes this.
  18. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

to be honest, now that read that comment i made yesterday again. I really dont know were i was going with it or what the point was i was trying to make. I guess i was just rambling nonsense late at night or something. No big deal

jamie mullaney likes this.
  19. On reflection a big thing we are missing out here,that some one touched on, is modders, on pc they had so much input to the pc version and lots of the changes/improvements it makes you wonder are Kunos upto the task of actually making a decent console game, sounds harsh but to me makes a lot of sense if a lot of these modders don't have the knowledge of fixing console version or an interest since they are PC gamers, just a thought as it seems they were instrumental in making the pc game what it was, and from what i hear Kunos employ a lot of them now. I really don't know difference from developing on console compared to PC's so i could be talking nonsense.

20. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

well either way its the 18th, only 12 more days left in april. So something has to happin with in the next 12 days.