1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavus

Flavus Racer

PS4 software update today, this also happened just a few days before the 1.11 update........... o_O

2. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

There is no correlation between System Firmware and game update release dates.

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Modding on PC and modding on consoles fall in to very different categories. On the PC it is not unusual for publishers to embrace modding, even making games mod-friendly. Consoles are a closed environment though. I don't know of any console titles that intentionally support modding. That's not to say people don't do it, but you have to go to some pretty great lengths to do so.

I do find the interaction of modding and Assetto Corsa to be interesting, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it represents an inability to develop a full-fledged console game. This gets in to causes, which are speculation. Ultimately, Kunos runs a business, and so they make business decisions. One of those was releasing the console version with a solid "core" (as described by Kunos), with the intent of releasing updates.

If there is one universal piece of speculation that can inform everyone, it is that Kunos may have misjudged the willingness for large portions of the console user base to accept this release strategy. I didn't follow the development of the PC version of Assetto Corsa, but based on what I've read, Kunos used a similar strategy there. As you identified, they relied upon modders to fill in some gaps. You could think of this not just as a strategy, but as a philosophy of game development, wherein the publishers develops the core, with an open and welcome environment for modders to augment the game.

Consider that modders are often in a better position to move quickly. If a mod is free, then what entitlement does anyone have to recourse if the mod developer moves quickly and breaks things? None, basically. That's not to say people won't complain — oh do they ever — but there's none of this nonsense of demanding a refund.

So it boils down to Kunos using a strategy that worked on PC, but didn't translate well to the console market. This is a business decision. IMO, it's not a reflection of competence. It worked on PC, so why shouldn't it work on consoles? I think we (the console community) probably could have seen it coming, but we weren't in Kunos' position, so who will ever know?

Nwg and paul_wev like this.
  4. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I was just being hopeful with my post but unless you are a programmer from Sony then you shouldn't make uninformed comments. For all you know they could be putting in a security patch to allow AC to download configuration files from Ps4 to AC servers for the private lobbies.

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I am aware you were being hopeful, and I was being helpful so that you wouldn't get your hopes up.

When developers send an update to a platform it is in part to ensure that it complies with system security and does not have an adverse effect on system stability. They do not reconfigure security to comply with a game, hence why some games fail the checks and need to be resubmitted once appropriate measures have been taken.

Never mind that though you carry on hoping.

bradleyland likes this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

LeDude83 and bradleyland like this.
  7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Err, no. Ever heard of a game patch being held up for a windows update? Nope. Same thing here. PS system updates are not related to game patches.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

afaik its one modder that have got job at Kunos and he is modelling cars. :) Sometimes they take help from other modders and that is also, afaik, only modders that do car models (except Zandvoort). Nothing with the game itself. That many physics modders have been able to point out flaws and errors on the forum is another thing though.

jamie mullaney likes this.
  9. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I wouldn't bank on it, the update is yet to be finalised let alone submitted so we will still probably have a couple of weeks to go even when it is!

10. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Its coming "soon" :) Kunos favorite word!

Donald_Trump2016 and Timm2012 like this.
  11. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

They mentioned I think they were pushing for it to be ready by end of April, but they didn't mention which April - 2017 or 2018 ;)

daveftones and PRO Stream BG like this.
  12. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

In any case i hope at least the update os good enought...and to finally enjoy the game on ps4..because if again miss Button maping, FoV and Seat Ajustments...and the custom lobbys are not so custom :).. Yes probably gone a be for 2018 :)

Timm2012 likes this.
  13. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

As these days go by it just sounds weirder and weirder. First they sounded fairly confident telling us it would be submitted at the end of march. Even if they just guessed the end of march, that would have been a pretty bad guess considering its now its 20 days after and still nothing. How could they be that far off of something they thought would happin enough to announce it? Either they knew there was no way possible when they were telling us they thought it would be submitted end of march, or decided to add some more things to the update or something unforeseen has caused a almost month delay.

14. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Agree, but doesent metter if they add something new in last moment or something wrong happen with the test of what they already made... Its obvious they push it back...the problem is Why when they tell about posible March submission..and cant made it, not tell us oficially whats happened in any kind of info! If they just told us "Sorry due of "X" problem we cant submitt it in March how we expected, and here is our goal of update features (list whats is inside) and whats of this need some more work..." this was is the real issue after all this wait...people want to know what happened and they must be much more patience until release, because now im sure 90% of us enter evert day here lots of times to check if we have any official news and in my case when i not see nothing about this i feel a bit disapoointed day after day... But one is sure i prefere delay and a good and stable release than fast release and lots of bugs...i hope this time they test better what they change and save us for a rare and strange new bugs!

15. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

So if Somebody did not finish the game before Anybody release new race sims, Nobody gone a stay! And Everybody gone a be sad because Nobody gone a have in Multiplayer Servers!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Ravellron, spoghead, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  16. Tony P

Tony P Rookie

All i want is more set up options. The ability to adjust cockpit camera. And remove virtual steering wheel and hands. All basic set up options that pc version has.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Timm...you can finish the story with... If Somebody not finish the game before Anybody release new race sims, Nobody gone a stay! And Everybody gone a be sad because Nobody gone a have in Multiplayer Servers!

Timm2012 likes this.
  18. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

Nice one and added :p

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  19. Actually there now are console games that do support modding in limited fashion. You can download mods on consoles for Fallout 4. Believe it will be supported in coming Elder Scrolls game as well. Basically mods get done for PC, then certain selected mods get released for use on consoles. So it can be done. Of course, Bethesda is a giant developer with huge resources.

But it's been my belief for some time that PC developers that try to jump into console market don't understand the needs or wants of the console player. For the old timers who remember Race Pro from Simbin on the consoles it was much the same. They think they can release same bare bones experience they release for PC on the consoles and it's enough. They know the things they neglect will be fixed or built by modding community on PC. But neglect to account for any of missing stuff on consoles knowing there are no mod saviors. Truth is, without the modding community games like AC would never even have success on PC.

The console sim racer doesn't need some ever evolving physics showcase. They need a stable, working and feature rich game focused on racing and competition with quality sim physics. They need a game that covers basics like lobbies and leaderboards but also gives the community the options needed to create the competition they want. A game like AC should be a boom to the sim racing league community. But without the basic features needed to do things like run organized series it is basically useless in its current state.

Custom lobbies if they are done well and work properly is a important first step towards relevance. But it can't be the only upgrade if they have any real hope for the long term success of the franchise on consoles. And the sad truth is, it may already bee too late. First impressions are hard to overcome.

Traks1, rich1e I and bradleyland like this.
  20. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

What i remember the last ps4 software update was version 4.55 and i get it before 6-7 days ...and you today...this is strange :)

Scuderia Paul likes this.