1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update - Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Next time dont read it..to save your eyes :)
    Or if you prefere i gone a type it on my native language, but im not sure you gone a understand a word...so at least i try to express myself in English and im not a ignorant or one side defender like others...if you like it cool if not also :)

2. Talking to some of you is like talking to a brick wall. Some of you are just hell bent on complaining. I don't think I've encountered such arrogance in a while. And it's amazing how polar opposite most of the AC PC community, which makes it even more surprising. I suppose even here, in the console community, there are mostly good people. But you few constant complainers really make the loudest noises. I'm going to try to avoid getting involved in this from now on, as tempting it is to try to get you stop complaining. The claims some of you make are so outrageous and emotionally driven. For example...

Come on, man. Think of this statement objectively and you will clearly see it's false. You need one car, one track, and some level of stability, and you have a sim. At one point, that's all a sim was. But your sense of entitlement just grew and started making these outrageous claims.

I understand the frustration of having to wait, but when you realize that's all it is and stop letting it get to you and impair your judgement, it becomes much more insignificant than you initially thought.

I've been having lots of fun playing this game and I'm actually a very picky and entitled brat myself, but I still don't mind waiting. So seeing you guys like this is even more confusing to me. I've never felt anything lacking in the game that made me stop playing it. Yes, there have been features I've yearned for, but all of them have been announced to be on their way. And the quality has spoken for itself. There's nothing missing from the game in that term. (Some of you are really picky about FOV, I get that, but still learn to adapt, I've played all different types of FOV and adapted eventually.)

Whatever, I'm done. (I really hope)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    paul_wev likes this.
  3. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

....... You just debated yourself in your own comment so their is really nothing for me to add. You start strong but then move into adapting when, what you are saying can be played as a sim, cant be played realistic. That very meaning is the exact opposite of simulation........ Edited

4. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

"Talking to some of you is like talking to a brick wall. Some of you are just hell bent on complaining. I don't think I've encountered such arrogance in a while."

Lol! Lets do a last experiment and i stop quote your posts and totaly ignore it...
    Imagine your have 50 euro and a choice between Pcars Game of the year edition (who was released before AC release)
    And AC in curent state after almost 10 mounts from the release...

You have 50 euros to spend in one of this 2 games..

Assetto Corsa

PROS: Good FFB car set up by defaut and good FFB feel , Well maded Physx compared to other games in the genere probably the best out there, first Laser Scaned Nordshliefe track ever in game history!
    CONS: No seat Ajustment,No FoV proper setup,No Button Mapping,No pedal/wheel calibration, No multiplayer proper support and freedom of choice, No Day/night Cicle, No Weather Change,Low focus in Damage system, Rail AI in single player who have fear to overtake low speed car front of them, No full replays , Low/limited Maximum Cars in the grid for Single Player, Not so good Servers depending for the regions many are 200+ ping or empty,Few Race Circuits and lack of road tracks, Low Multiplayer amount of players in general and probably have more cons but its enough!

Project Cars

PROS: More Cars, Huge Amount of Circuits and Road Tracks,Day/night cicle (24h endurance races are posible), Good Weather Effects, Good and open Multiplayer customization, Large Racing Grid for single player 44 cars in sarthe or 32 on Nordshliefe ect ect, Better Damage system, Oil and Water temp for engine failure,Multiplayer Voice Chat, Kick System linked to the HOST,Prived Servers,E-Sport leagues, Better single player experiance in differend type of motorsports, FULL REPLAYS, Full Wheel and Pedal Customization, Button Mapping,External Telemetry App support, Keyboard Suport, FoV huge customization,Seat Ajustments, Driver Weight Ajustments!, Selection Of Livery in MP

CONS: Defaut FFB is avarage (must set up every car by yourself), Physx are not at the level of AC but are better than many other games, few bugs remain in the curent game (but not game braking once)

So if you look realisticly over this points (many i miss with sure) You can see where is better to spend your money, specialy if you have a Racing Comunnity and lots of friends who enjoy online racing, also if you love ENDURANCE races or 24H races its obvious wich game can offer you and wich one not, if you enjoy E Sports tournaments you can see where is...
    And now dont tell me you are happy with console AC version because you can see also a diference between PC version not only with PCars...
    And to be realisticly amd open minded...Project Cars gives you much much more to enjoy and do single player and Multi Player...and for this you cant say is a worst game than AC..because the only worst think is the FFb and Physics!
    So lets stop talking about that and be a bit more open minded and to accept the critics of the people! And dont forget i Enjoy Both Games but AC right now not so much maybe in future when they add what i need.... Also dont forget the Community Factor..if you play with Friends who enjoys clean racing only PCars gives you this tools (let see the custom lobbys how customs gone a be, but in any case AC never gone a give you a 24h Race with Random Weather!

I hope now you understand why many people still enjoy Pcars and not AC... (i hope the "Soon" Factor desapear from Kunos development..and we recive a good update, and with few mounts more we get a close aproach at least to the Pc version) otherwise when PCars 2 goes out...only you and 100 more gone a be in the Multiplayer in AC...and many who waits to see a good AC console game gone a move forward because their patience is over and gone a have a choice!
    Dont understand me wrong i wish to AC a really huge future because i love the potential and i apreciate their work on the physx and FFB... (for this i buy a AC early access on PC, later AC on Console and a Seasson pass) is because i want this game to succeed and i hope so...but man...Pcars is ready not need to wait to enjoy with your friends at maximum...

(thats it from me i stop talking more about this lack of fetures and let see what we get with the incoming patch) (ahh amd dont tell me is my point of view only because in this case i shows a truth pros and cons and you can see it in the population im the Multiplayer Servers between this 2 games by yourself,if you still saying AC is Better Game, Why Pcars have more Player Base!?)

DozUK and Timm2012 like this.
  5. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

Im not trying to lower the game. Yes, lately i have been playing it (off line) and it seems to be the best racing game that we have ever had so far and when we get the update its going to launch it into orbit for me. Some very talented people did a very good job with it to date. Im just speaking on the word sim and my point is I good argue the current game is missing alot of what a sim is and to a greater degree of some of the other games.

6. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

" Not so good Servers depending for the regions many are 200+ ping or empty..."

this is just wrong!

on ps4 you have servers at diffrent locations. use the ping filter and join a server in your region(low ping).... i see soo many people who dont know that and join servers on other side of our planet.... USE THE PING FILTER- set to <50ms and then you get showed servers in your region.

PLSEASE dont join servers with high ping, you will destroy the race for other drivers with your fkn high ping...

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Completely correct, but if there's no people in a race in your ping location what are you going to do. When you look online and there's 20 to 50 people online in the world, it's not good is it. I never join a server more than 50 ms.

PRO Stream BG and Reinart86 like this.
  8. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Sorry, but trying to explain what a console gamer expects from a game to you just falls on deaf ears !
    We are not asking for ground breaking, never-before-seen features, all we expect is the same kind of experience we have been enjoying for years on console ! The ability to set your own buttons to your liking, the ability to fully calibrate wheels and pedals to the kit you use ! Simple things that have been done a lot better in other racing games, years ago on previous gen consoles.

9. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

Just remember GT its got the best ffb though Lol

TheGT500 likes this.
  10. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

Oh I forgot about the physics to apparently they are the best as well. Thank god for small mercies

TheGT500 likes this.
  11. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

That's it @hoss2852 even though AC has the best FFB and physics, it doesn't come together as a whole package.
    I don't think I'm being entitled to ask for basic options and settings when I've paid for what was widely advertised as being as close to the PC experience (graphics and performance limitations excluded) !
    I have to write my best laptimes down WITH A PEN AND PAPER to track my performance, and this in in 2016~17 :mad:

12. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

Hi, Just re-installed PCars back onto my new PS4 Pro and what a diferance, it runs great after getting a PS4 PRO
    Hi, Could not agree more, Just given PCars ago through my PS4 Pro and god what a difference. Sorry AC but if you dont deliver this time round on all the things we have been asking for then its Good Night from me and hello PC1 and bring on PC2

13. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

Couldn't agree more mate

14. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Ok, and what exactly isn't true?

So, you decided to not reply. Just repeat the same again. Is there any Info you can provide on what you're claiming? I can't find anything. No threads on forums, no complaints, no league competitors describing "strange tyre wear" during endurance races, no sim racing magazines talking about an alternative "Project CARS tyre wear concept" and such.
    I'm not entirely sure if you know what you're talking about. If you create a lobby, anyone of any skill level (I really don't know what's the difficulty level you're talking about) can join the session. You as a host can set the lobby up. You choose the driving aids allowed for the race. If I use 3rd person view eg. and someone chooses to force cockpit view it's up to me if I join or not. There's no overruling difficulty level or such.

15. Darera

Darera Gamer

You just have to do the tests correctly. You will see, you will not stick disappointed.

16. I can understand that. And it'll eventually all come together. But it's going to take a little time, given Kunos history of taking their time.. So really its up to you if you want to wait for it or not.. or whatever.

Even on PC it took time and that was a much simpler platform for Kunos. If you can't wait, thats understandable. It gets to me sometimes too, the waiting. But its been worth it so far for me, which is why I stick around. But that may not be the case for everyone, which is also fine.

17. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Alright, so what do I need to do? I just open MP lobby, set tyre wear to x2, start the session, retire to the pits and go drink a coffee?

18. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes on the Pro is much better the performance you can set Tunderstorm on Nordshliefie and a time to everyone use Lights..and 32 Cars.. And you dont have performance drops..like on normal ps4

19. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes i also try to select 50 to 60 ping...but here comes the problems...for me "x" server is with 50+ping for my friend is 80+
    (i know why but i dont understand at all how AC servers are planed..at least we can play..but many people cannot due to the high ping or empty server and in 2017 on online game i think its not so good!

20. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I know that..but you dont know if my server is for me good this not mean for my friend is the same and actually we see the differences..at least we can play..but many cannot because im their regions the servers are empty and the only way to play online is to enter in 200+ ping ! So dont tell me is wrong because if you are in good region based on locarion of the servers have many people who are not..