1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear Devs. You have a serious opportunity.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Arnold96, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold96

Arnold96 Gamer

Dear Devs, you have a serious opportunity to contend the market to iRacing: trust me, I come from that sim. The simulation model and the level dynamism is so superior that I’m willing to tolerate the not so smooth experience in the competition servers, at least for the moment. But CP races need to be the core of the title. I know: hosting servers could be expensive, but If I have spent hundreds of euros for tracks, cars and subscription for iRacing, I wouldn’t mind to pay a little sub for the organised races. Just for that, the rest can and must remain part of the initial pricing. And I’m sure a lot of people would think the same way if the prospective is a 8-10 races per day like 14:00-16:00-17:00-18:00-19:00-20:00-21:00-22:00-00:00. I’m sure you are trying your best but the timing could not be more appropriate to make the final step and grab what the first AC was simply just not designed to take.
    Cheers and thanks for the effort.
    Francesco

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    Suggestions Dear devs Jun 23, 2015
    ACC General Discussions DEAR KUNOS.. TRIPPLE SETTINGS Dec 25, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Dear Assetto Corsa Competizione Dec 16, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dear Santa Claus - next update PS4 Nov 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Dear Admins: a question about Chit Chat room. Dec 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Dear Santa... Sep 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Dear Kunos Team Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dear customer letter? Nov 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, franciacorta circuit going bankrupt, hurry to laserscan! Oct 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear santa kunos... Sep 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, be sure to save some money for this! Jun 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos Sep 27, 2014

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

A subscription based quality server with low ping is what is needed.
    Real question is how many are willing to pay for higher quality dedicated servers ?
    I feel like there still higher percentage of offline players in ACC to justify this business decision, I could be wrong about this one though.

MrBungle and quelus like this.
  4. Arnold96

Arnold96 Gamer

The point is that the simracer that invested thousands of euros/dollars/pounds in its hardware will likely care to have a proper online experience and would not mind to add some (let’s say 30-50 euros per year) money for it. The simracer that doesn’t care too much will mostly play offline or in unofficial races. It would be a win-win situation. And it would be quite straight forward as of course there is some further programming to do but the main subject would be to rent a proper hosting service and expanding the number of races.

5. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I would absolutely like a small-fee subscription model, to make this, and any future content for the game possible.
    Honestly, all I do in ACC, are CP Races. (And sometimes special events.)

But my experience is, that very rarely are there more than 100 players at the same time on CP races. (5 servers)
    But yes, would be nice to have that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.