1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Digital Foundry Analysis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Eero, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Juhana Lahti and djm99 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Digital foundry ACC next gen analysis Mar 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Digital Foundry with XSX Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Audi R8 GT3 Digital Cup Kickoff Season ab 17. April 2021 Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Sun creates glare/bloom from digital display camera rear view mirror Mar 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Queston about moving from CD to digital xbox S (set driving views) Jan 11, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Feature request: map analog axis to digital function? Aug 17, 2020
    General modding discussion Digital Instruments: Oil Temperature LEDs Jul 26, 2020
    Console Lounge 11am and I still cant play my digital preordered copy on xbox one? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Can Someone Explain The Digital Notations-Numbers on the Windscreen? May 30, 2019
    General modding discussion Digital instruments mesh-font issue Jul 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Does the game support digital 5.1 surround? If so, how? Jan 11, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds DigitalLed Tyre lock/slip script not working properly Feb 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Kunos being bought by Digital Bros Jan 20, 2017
    Screens & Videos Digital Emotions Jan 20, 2017
    Suggestions Tyre/Brake Temps added to digital_instruments, just like Tyre Pressure. Nov 3, 2016

3. Performance is not great.

4. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Not having any problems in this respect myself (on XBO). Admittedly I am not a framerate junkie so am probably far more tolerant than some but it has so far been perfectly fine for me.

Seb007 and OriginalR6kid like this.
  5. Exup

Exup Gamer

sometimes I truly believe I'm playing below 30fps.. it's really bad on XBOX :-(

One thing that improved (by a bit), was to uninstall the game and install it again (and waiting to settle and download all the cars ).

Hopefully the game improves on the next patches (PCars was awful at the beginning too..)

6. Hammerpgh

Just out of interest do you completely shut your Xbox off when you finish with it or do you have the 'Instant On' feature enabled? I know this was something that it was reported caused slowdown for people in the early pCars days and I turned it off anbd have never had those problems.

Exup likes this.
  7. Exup

Exup Gamer

hi, thanks for the feedback.

I have the Xbox one with "instant ON" disabled (since PCars problems :)).

I did even more.. I reset the XBOX to factory defaults.

the only thing I have "different" is the OS version (preview versions)

Let's see in the next patch if it improves.. I'm a bit sad with the game...I had good expectations (at least for hot laps with a chrono).

Even the ingame chrono is slow :D

Hammerpgh likes this.
  8. Hammerpgh

Ah, maybe the preview version is the problem then. Would be interesting to see how many with this particular problem have that rather than the fully released version.

Although I am disappointed to see a few things missing I am really enjoying the game so far.. I have only spent a few hours on it so far as I was away over the Bankl Holiday weekend (bad timing :confused:) but it is very immersing, especially in the Lotus 49 which I have loved since my Grand Prix Legends days. Driving that around the Classic Monza '66 circuit is like nirvana to me lol. I would have bought the game for that alone lol.

I just noted the issue about the chrono.. haven't checked it out myself.

Exup likes this.
  9. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

Most games run smoother since swapping stock hdd for 7200RPM.
    I haven't noticed any tearing yet, ps4.

10. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

I don't know, I have a SSD hardrive in my PS4 and there is definitly noticeable tearing. Not a big detractor for me though. It could also be different running in 1080p vs 720p. Im using 1080p, haven't tried 720p yet.

Maybe a display setting option could be added in the future that allows us to trade off reduced tearing vs. filtering like GT6 has.

11. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Better go to specsavers.