1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Lidar scanned tracks.... Give me the Nords please!:)

2. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

There a .. ahem.. unofficial laser scanned version on the Internet for rF2 already some sources tell me

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Amazing. Nowadays even the custom track creators have access to laserscan data. ;)

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

So what ? Of course ground level professional scan would be better, but I think that good LiDAR is more than enough already. Depends on processing though. Processing is very important.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Finally got it from sale, out of curiosity. Tested ages ago a demo + some driving at a friend, but since with all the updates curiosity got the best of me. First impressions, not impressed with FFB so I probably got it set wrong. Was excepting something similar to AMS and it's just not there yet.

What settings I should use with T500 in profiler and in game? What should I set smoothing and low forces in rFactor to?

Also another issue, I get odd stutter even when my framerate is very high, tried with and without vsync. Is there some graphic setting, that causes this or..? (Honestly I often use vSync in sims, because I like the smoothness.. even when I would never use vSync in a FPS shooter) With vSync, which one to use? There is GPU, Software etc options. How about aggressive threading?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  6. Orne

Orne Alien

Of notorious origins.. SMH.. Looks terrible truth be told.

nate likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Ok When set up correctly not much can beat rf2 let alone AMS. Anyway Let me try help you mate :)

For my t300 I have Min force around 3.5, this helps just enhance that bit more road feel and centre ffb.
    Smoothing i have at default 4, this will eradicate any big spikes in rf2 ffb, especially when hitting curbs and going off road - a lot of people say to have this at 0 to enable the full raw ffb. That is fair enough but then people moan at the huge surges in ffb signal, and this will help there. I was told by a dev that 4 smoothing is what the t300 should be at and not much important ffb detail will be lost.

Regarding stutters. yes unfortunately this is a thing in rf2 and for me even AMS - i have a gtx1080 / i7 and even at above 100fps (yes i can achieve that in rf2!) stuttering appears at some tracks - not all mind you. NOLA is one that springs to mind, i get it around the second hairpin. Ok Try using FAST sync on your NVIDIA CP, this has helped keep high frames and no lag , plus for some reason it gets rid of the stutters. If you don't want this in all games, then please just activate it in rf2 NVidia profile. Of course turn off sync in rf2.

Hope this helps, I'm sure there will be a smartass come along and prove my findings wrong - maybe but this works for me. :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

In the launcher options try to set the gpu to your gfx card, don’t use auto.
    In game lower shadows, soft particles and reflections to see if it helps with performance.
    The DX11 isn’t that much optimized yet.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Use frame limiting to get rid of stutters e.g. 58fps limit on 60hz screen. Works for both AC and RF2. Although with RF2 inbuilt fps limiter doesn't get rid of stutters for me, but msi afterburner does.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Butter smooth gameplay here with my 480 4GB at 1440p. Same thing when I owned a 1060 3GB (with some lowered settings because of smaller vram which was too little for 1440p).

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. emha76

emha76 Gamer

Sebring International Raceway
    Last but not least, we can now proudly announce that we have licensed America’s oldest road racing track, host to many historic endurance races. Sebring International Raceway is being built based on a laser scan we did last month. This is a first for us and although we have made many tracks based on CAD data and other information that have been quite accurate, this scan will allow us to get every little detail right. It will take us a couple of months to finish this one, but we are working on it feverishly!

[​IMG]

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/02/roadmap-update-february-2018/

hristo1026, Kristaps, magzire and 4 others like this.
  12. Finally bought the GT3 pack and I understand why Seyffarth didn't like the balance of AMG. The rotation is ridiculously good for a front-engined GT car.

Anyhow. While driving my PC crashed. There was also a mildish smell of burned electronics. Any idea can it be GPU if it still can produce image on safe mode?

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yeah seems like GPU. I hope that the guarantee is still valid.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

About balance.
    What is the weight distribution of the Mercedes?
    Since the engine is behind the front axle, the weight distribution might be identical to a mid engine or pretty close.

15. Still more than a year under guarantee so should be positive problem for me because I haven't got the time drive anyway. :)

Tomorrow I'll try to install the GPU into another PC to make sure that's the issue.

16. I think its somewhere around 45-55 depending on fuel. Going by iR corner weight at least.

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Remember this ?
    [​IMG]

Well

Kristaps likes this.
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Which particular mod is that?

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Marussia F1 was an official ISI release a ling time ago, not sure if its been updated at all recently.

sherpa25 likes this.
  20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

did they update the gui or improve vr support in rfactor recently? I think these things are really putting me off using it more. VR is especially still feels like a beta & just isn't worth the hassle.