1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Or maybe limit SA you can gain in offline. Like 50 SA max you can get in offline and then you need to prove yourself in online for higher rated servers.

@edit: But then with current size of playerbase you will have empty servers all over.

NoobJunglerGG, D.Jankovic and chksix like this.
  2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I make sure I don't directly drive behind people there. Overtaking is a disaster anyway there, so there is no point. If you keep a gap and they lift you can overtake before bus stop. It's like eau rouge really, same keep gap approach.

TheRealWitblitz likes this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I repeat myself:

SP only guys don't mind.
    SP + MP guys tell me it's hard to maintain high SA ratings in SP, and they need to do MP to recover their SA.
    MP only guys say the game is dying because it's too easy to farm SA?

4. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

its hard for me to get or stay at 50 SA with the AI... (offline racing only at the moment)

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Why is it hard for you? Do you think AI behaviour is not predictable enough or is there other problems which lead to too many contacts?

6. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I've been having better luck in SP. I've been doing longer races and will notice that my SA has gone up when I glance to the upper right. I am not sure if there has been a change in how this works, but for a while there it seemed as if a tap in a braking zone (initiated by either AI or me) would result in a certain downgrade. I don't think my driving has changed really, but in EA I was in the upper 80s. Then after 1.0 I declined rapidly to high 60s. Back over 80 now.

7. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

For what is worth the SA currently seems about right for me at the moment. I play SP &MP. At one point I thought is was easy to lose and hard to gain but not anymore. So much so, now the SA suits me, Im now happy to race in variable/wet conditions without fear of losing all my hard earned SA. (If I do lose some SA I know I can gain it back fairly quickly.) I used to stay well clear of tricky conditions which was a real shame as it one of ACC stronger points.

Im currently on 92.
    SP settings: AI 95 and 80 aggression

Romneyb likes this.
  8. pastranario

pastranario Racer

This is solved with a system like SRS and with a minimum of SA to compete in each splint, if there are many runners each one would try to take care of their safety numbers, since losing them would mean not being able to compete. I repeat if mass each one would take care of their numbers, today that does not happen because the game is not being taken seriously.

9. Minolin

Not really. SRS vastly works because it has something even better than a paywall, a "download"-wall ;) It's used exclusively by people who downloaded the mod in the first place, and bothered to register to a race. Resulting in a completely different audience, while the ACC MP connects anybody who was able to click "Multiplayer". We could do the most meaningful experience ever, if there aren't very specific countermeasures it will remain the same. Though ofc. some mechanics automatically would build out elitist groups which takes care of the most, but that solves issues only for a fraction of the users.

Ace Pumpkin, Kopiller, Dookie and 5 others like this.
  10. I lost some SA from behing hit by a backmarker in SP racing. And nearly impossible to gain SA again, as i have no one of the AI's to fight with. I race at 100/100 and i am in front and gain nothing because there is nobody close to me... So i would have to race some races and drive slow for purpose just to be around other cars... That system is not the best TBH. SA should be gained for clean racing too. I raced 1hr yesterday, i won the race with 10 seconds in front. I did not leave track or whatever and i gained 0 SA. Thats no really rewarding... Unfortunately you have absolutely no goals in this game. Which make it seriously boring after short time especially in MP. Just some random public races is not really the thing i expect....

11. TBH, SRS is bad. I was racing 2 races the last years and my final results even didnt get recorded... You have to download something, and SRS is also not very well known out there. Plus, the website of SRS is a big pile of sh**.

12. pastranario

pastranario Racer

I did not say that it is SRS, I said that it should be "like" SRS, Kunos should design a similar system, something more beautiful UI, clearly to train there must be an objective, random races do not make sense.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  13. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Serenity Now!

14. Minolin

Ya sure, and we had this discussion. There are strong reasons preventing us to do the same, but it doesn't matter how we try to explain it. There is no need to convince us of how good a good system is when our hands are bound (and the reality is a lot more complicated than it looks like). Please don't revive this discussion or this thread will see a sudden end.

15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have a fairly 'middle ground' SA of 69. I did get to 70, but was wiped out by a few people in one race making it go down to 68.
    Initially It took no time at all to get to 61, then I was stuck there for weeks. I eventually (slowly) got up to 70, before my current 69.

I think the SA is about right, and actually enjoy glancing at it at the end of each lap to see if it goes green or not.
    However I don't like it when you can lose due to a wrecker spinning you out. You then spend a good time at the back of the pack not collecting any at all.
    I think a good solution would be to allow you to gain it by doing clean laps in MP only (after all this is still being 'safe').
    That way, if you lose it due to a wrecker, you can still build it back up again hotlapping at the rear of the pack. It would also help stop rage quitting too as there is still something to race for.
    However, if you are the wrecker then it may not be so easy as you are less likely to do clean laps.
    This will be more fair for those of us who play as we should, but get hit my a noob/wrecker and fair on the wrecker as they lose SA and are less likely to get it back.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Romneyb likes this.
  16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, I posted the last as Minolin posted his.

17. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Please give me your secret, do you travel in Time :p

Coanda and Minolin like this.
  18. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Perfect, well let's not discuss that system, tell us how they will do to attract, or rescue more runners, because in this way I also see a sudden end to the game.

19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Threads like this help in what way to rescue those players?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

20. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Now if a post makes players lose, we are lost.