1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Everything contributes, but I was asking how it helps. It's a simple question, call it food for thought.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

It could be worse guys.

FIA European Truck Racing - all time peak - 124 players. Peak yesterday - 30 players.

Son likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

From some recent racing I have done it seems trust build up per km is much the same in MP vs AI now.

But it seems easier to lose OBWP against AI, I did a few 1 hour races with AI over the last week. Starting mid pack or last for a bit more of a challenge.

For the same type of tiny contact in MP you only get 1 OBWP but with AI it can be 2 or maybe 3 OBWP which possibly is a bit harsh. AI are a little more nuts especially at 100/100, but too tame at other levels. ;)

In 3 races with AI I got 5 OBWP, only 1 contact was more then a tiny rub that I only knew were contacts because it said so on screen. :D

1 was a bit bigger as an AI missed an apex and pushed wide into me as we were side by side through the bus stop that was worth 2 OBWP.

It didnt knock me much off my line. In an hour races with AI I got around 50 trust per race. Those 5 OBWP are nearly all the OBWP on my record maybe 1 or 2 others total from MP.

I did a few MP races mostly sprints but also a 2.4hr race with no contact. The first half of that race the first 3 cars were within a second and a few passes or side by side running. Way tpugher racing then anything the AI can provide.

After our pit stops, gaps were a bit bigger and only lapped a few cars with no direct battles to the finish. There I got 50 trust and 0 OBWP but all the close racing in the first hour. This shows it would be close to what is gained against AI over that same distance.

0ct0 likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I thought the Barracuda had a powerful big mouth? :p:D

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Follow the tracks of the little deer and you shall find the answers you seek :cool:

6. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

if there are many threads talking about Tyre model and SA system clearly means that is not working properly and need further development, i think those are the big and main issue with ACC since are core mechanics for the game

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

What is predictable about AI behavior, is they will run into you, and when that happens, you lose points.

And I'm not talking about due to my mistakes, I always check the replays,... but AI hitting me from behind because I seem to be invisible to them.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Romneyb likes this.
  8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

GroteBakkes likes this.
  9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I like the Windows example.

I have video editing software, security software, for some other examples, that is always being updated.

romandevision likes this.
  10. omar liew

omar liew Racer

In my opinion the game has just failed to deliver to the expectations people had in ea. The rating system is completely useless cause you end up in the same sever no matter what your rating is. Most people only go to full servers and they don't have high requirements. And even they all have a pro badge behind their name doesn't mean they're any good because it's to easy to get one. So mp is frustrating cause it's still the same wreckfest as ac1. Also the mp system itself is useless cause i can scroll trhough 100 servers when only 3 or 4 servers are actually full. The rest just has 0 players and a couple have 10 as a max. I really don't understand what's the point in that. My cp is still at 0 cause everytime i trie to go to a cp server there's only 1 or 2 other players playing. So not gonna waste ny time with that. I gave up the whole rating stuff anyway cause there's no point to it. And then there's also the "it's still in early acces feel" the whole gane has. Career mode is just awfull. No enjoyment at all. Singleplayer races are bad cause the ai still is pretty horrible. The difference between ai in different tracks is also too big. The ai still can't overtake. They just weave behind other cars or the player car. And at every track there's a corner where the ai is so slow, that it's a guaranteed overtake every lap again. Oh and sometimes they still go full retard and bump you off track from behind. Then there's the starting sequence when in mp it's impossible to maintain the correct starting position cause some people can go full throttle and overtake you before green while other people are in the limiter and can't speed up. It's a bloody mess. And don't forget about the pit crew wh had in one of the first ea builds that's still missing??!! Common this game is really dissapointing and i try to go back every once in a while but everytime again i get bummed. The only thing good about the game is just hotlapping. And that's getting a but boring now. So yeah. It's not even close to what i was expecting during the early acces peroid. It seemed really promising and so the dissapointment is really big. I can fully understand players are dropping. It's an unfinished game.

Cascader, QWERTZcoRe, Octane and 8 others like this.
  11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

This post I do not understand. There are some legal reasons that you are not allowed to do an SRS-like system?

12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Here I cannot agree. If you created a meaningful experience, people would care and therefore drive more serious and safe.

13. Si.

Si. Simracer

@omar liew good to hear other than a few little niggles you love ACC :p.

GroteBakkes, Coanda, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  14. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

The game has potential, no one can deny that. But multiplayer is not enjoyable atm due SA working bad. Too many casuals crashing you every turn and you lose your rating not for a fault of yours. Carrier mode is a joke too. Pit animations still missing. It's summer time even for Kunos, so we won't expect any patch till the end of August/ September. Too many payed for early access, we had many expectations and we got a nice but unfinished game. All that makes people angry and leaving day by day. I hope things will be better, but people won't wait for long.

15. ignission

ignission Simracer

That appears to indicate a lack of clarity surrounding the mechanics of the SA rating amongst the player base. Im not suggesting that the information is not out there, but it appears that it is not that well understood as there is no common narrative/single source of truth.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Careful there, next he will be banging on how Kunos deliberately deceived him and stole his money... :rolleyes::p

chksix, romandevision and Rolz like this.
  17. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

It can not be explained better.
    On top that many players in Vr are fed up.&.performance is arguably poor with high power pc,and blurry..
    Career mode is a waste of time,championship a joke, and at the end Mp is not what it was expected..i am not the one saying that,numbers speak by themselves..
    It is a mild fail,,cos even the ffb ,laser scanned tracks,weather,etc are really good,at the end is boring,,and clearly unfinished.(personal opinion of course).,the fun is gone when servers are empty,the Ai is retarded,,when Ai hit you ir any other driver nd you loose a.bunch of Sa points, and whenthe rating (which is a great idea) lacks any pourpose,,and at the end,,,you start playing again with other games you left behind after devoting many hours to Acc.
    It is an unfinished game,,but it is finished anyway..iracing,project cars3,automobilista2,,we will see if they deliver..
    Acc,partly has not,although it was addictive at the beginning,,i guess i am tired of waiting as well.
    I do not blame kunos, but as customer i expected better mp&rating ,not just a superb hotlap sim.

18. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

Well the AI has sometimes weird spots to brake ( midcorner or on the exit). When you dont expect this you rear end them....

Perell0ne and its.me like this.
  19. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Not having a go, but I’ve just uninstalled myself for a few small reasons:

- I’m predominantly an SP player at the moment, but there’s just no way to configure races how I want to - GTR2 is the game I’ve gotten most enjoyment from in the past and this wasn’t able to cope with endurance races upon its release either; however, the beauty was that you could open a load of config files and tune and fix things like aggression, driver ability, the level at which damage was caused (which was what was broken in the base game), how early overtakes were made and a thousand other things, not to mention custom grids.

- At its most immersive, little can beat ACC, but those moments are usually so quickly punctuated by something that spoils it - at the moment, I’m mainly playing Raceroom, for its custom grids and superb AI, despite the poor graphics and inability to tune drivers/liveries, and AC, where I can customise a grid for sprint races.

- I’m only uninstalling because I need to buy a new SSD, but I don’t see myself playing more until there’s a way to edit some of this - ideally someone figures a way to create a custom offline grid (even better if it’s with the custom liveries as per the liveries thread), which I think would solve most of my issues. For the record, I also hardly played Project CARS2 until this tool arrived.

I’ll keep an eye open and hope at some point these are addressed or the community work out how to do them with third party tools, but it’s not for me at the moment, superb as small moments of the driving can be.

It’s a pity, because on paper it’s my perfect game and it’s very close to being enjoyable for me - I also know the Kunos team are doing a tremendous and very difficult job with many niches to please and my interests are only a tiny part of that, but just contributing my 2p.

20. I'm waiting for 1.0.7, I normally take breaks from games before big changes. My memory is going to be a little foggy coming back regardless, so I might as well try to not feel the differences and not have to re-learn while already being used to the old.