1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

finally a proper need for speed game

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 2, 2017.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

police chases, stealing trucks with rare cars?, new drag custom cars, day night cycle, barn finds.
    very excited about this one!!! are you?

Andrew_WOT likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Finally Got A XSX Jun 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 60 FPS Finally On PS4 Pro At 1080p Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Finally fixed ACC VR performance. . Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Finally a huge performance boost in VR! Oct 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions When will you finally save my best lap times? Aug 5, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Analog ERS/KERS cluster finally working... May 16, 2019
    Chit Chat Room I have finally ordered my steering wheel Oct 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Wheels finally have a decent shading (thanks a ton Ilja!) Sep 20, 2018
    Console Lounge Finally...consistency! Oct 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Finally a Nords WR (sort of) Jun 21, 2017
    Screens & Videos Video:v Assetto Corsa VR - What a time to be aVIVE! Finally OpenVR Support Mar 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room TIMED RACES OMG FINALLY Feb 16, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8rs PS4 FINALLY FOUND A WORK AROUND! Oct 7, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Xbox One patch finally there! Post your findings here? Oct 6, 2016

3. mms

mms Alien

Nope, I think I'm too old for that :cool: The only one I really liked was the Porsche Unleashed. Besides EA used all their credit points on me, they would have to give it to me for free :D

Octane, matz_AUT and Minolin like this.
  4. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Never thought I would say this, but that looks rather good as a fun car game, I see lots of influence from the old Underground titles and Speedhunters (for the car modifications). Speedhunters was created and is still owned by EA in case you don't know.

ShimonART likes this.
  5. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Did not know that, but ya its also a mix of forza with the barn finds and the crew with the drag cars.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

6. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Need For Speed got me into sim racing. I bought a PS3 and played various games and really enjoyed playing Need for Speed Carbon. I then purchased GT Prelude and followed into GT 5 and GT 6. I started purchasing sim gear to use with GT 5. I was hooked on the idea of sim racing.

I made the switch to PC racing when it became clear that Sony and Microsoft were going to play games with sim peripherals on their consoles. I asked people on the GT Forum which racing game was best on the PC. The most common advice was Assetto Corsa. That was over two years ago. I greatly appreciate the continually improvement in AC with constant refinements to make it more realistic. I also appreciate the higher performance of the PC plus the broad range of equipment, apps and add-ons that are available.

I have no interest in going back to Need For Speed but am thankful for it getting me started down a path that I have found very rich in experience and compellingly enjoyable.

BrandonW77, mms, AC_RAF and 2 others like this.
  7. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Not for me.

I played a Need for Speed game for the first time 20 years ago, Need for Speed II, for PC. And it is something for the past.

I dont like these racing games without a proper support for steering wheels, even the most commons like G27.

Look to Daytona USA for example. It was a arcade racing game, but runs very well with a steering whell. Unless you dont have arms or legs, you drive a car with a steering and pedals on your real life. Why you drive in a gamepad on videogame? So, they made these crazy physics, yes, crazy, and tottally absurd, not real pleasurable to drive, no with real skills, and full of handicaps. It can be fun for some, but not for me.

detoit likes this.
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Last NFS was pretty bad, very bad in fact.
    Hopefully that one will have more racing and less "bro". Multiple controllers support wouldn't hurt, but who cares for junk physics like that, gamepad will do just fine.

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Didn't you link a trailer of Fast & Furious 53 by accident?

haxxx, liakjim, mantasisg 2 and 2 others like this.
  10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

underground was inspired by f&f and so as this one and this is a good thing!

11. Orne

Orne Alien

NFS The Fast and the Furious. hahahha. Is this actual gameplay ? Looks amusing

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I havnt played this type of game since the "Driver" came out on PS2 in 2000. Even then it was with a dodgy controller. I am curious, not because I will buy this however more for how do they actually feel on a modern wheel. How bad are they really in the FFB department? Are they really that bad? Is there some feel for what's going on in the car? I have never played a modern game like this using a wheel. So if rate AC & rF2 FFB & Physics a 10, pCars a 6 & F12016 a 2 then where do these titles fit?

13. Looks like sh*t.

Why cant they just make Underground 3 ? Like, properly ?

haxxx, aphidgod, IgnacioKotas and 2 others like this.
  14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

My mate had the first one on the 3DO. I was hooked. I then bought it on the PlayStation but for me it wasn't as good as the 3DO version. Never tried any of the sequels.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Underground 2 was THE sweet spot for NFS. People loved Underground 1 and the sequel brought proper open world. That's a rare case of EA actually developing a game into something new ;-)

After that I had Carbon, which wasn't too bad. Then I recently had this one they gave out for free...utter garbage...uninstalled it within an hour or so.

So in this "gameplay" video there is zero gameplay...wtf? I also don't see an indicator that it'll be an inofficial underground 3 - where's this idea coming from?
    It looks like just another blockbuster cinematic wannabe title and that I don't like. Video games are still games, I don't start my PC to watch cut scenes.

Anyways, looking forward to actual gameplay footage.

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

DARKADE side

17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Maybe if FFB and physics at least somewhat resemble a car. Not "press X to drift" gameplay. Good cop chases with open world and simcade physics would be cool mix. But wheel and FFB is always afterthought for these people creating these games... I've tried the latest 2 NFS games with a wheel and they both were literal trash.

I just don't get enjoyment out of it, same as Forza H 3. Doesn't have to be even half-realistic, but could they at least try to create some depth into the handling? Having shallow handling in a game about driving cars, is like if DOOM had really crappy and boring shooting. Or maybe like if Doom marine would be a pacifist

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Trezoitao38 likes this.
  18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Fast & Furios meets NFS!? Now that will be a game I won't touch even with a 10m pole! Even Driving Miss Daisy meets NFS would sound more interesting.

MrBungle likes this.
  19. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

you guys are way too serious...... talking about wheels and multiple controller support for an nfs game:confused:

Michael Hornbuckle and Schnipp like this.
  20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

You asked, we answered. Simples.

To me, if a driving game doesn't support a wheel properly then it's not fun and not for me. Can't really see how this could be seen as being too serious. It's all about personal preferences.

21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I have tried NFS with a wheel once, quickly changed back to controller.

Underground 1, U2 and the following Most Wanted (the one with the M3 V8 GTR) were the best NFS for me. Even Carbon was bad, cop cars were like tanks, you could never do a pit maneuver against them.

I know the rebrand Most Wanted done by Criterion got a lot of sh*t about the gameplay, but I like it though I guess that is probably because I like their previous game 'Burnout Paradise' which had the same 'drift every turn at full speed' behaviour. Though I wouldn't even call this arcade-racing anymore. ;)

And dear Lord have there been some lemons in the NFS series.
    The Run, Undercover, Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)... Yuck!

LeDude83 likes this.