1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

finally a proper need for speed game

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

Really? I loved Hot Pursuit 2, the music, the scenery and the style of gameplay was really to my taste.But by far, NFS for me is that driving through fantastic scenery, with exotic (or just sporty) cars with some police involvement as well.NFS Porsche is still one of my favourite games (for obvious reasons), and my childhood was absolutely shaped by NFS2 and High Stakes, and a bit of Underground (which were really awesome in their own right, but I'm not a huge fan of all out customization) :D.
    This looks interesting due to the story, but if the gameplay and overall game quality is like the last one, I'll pass by a long shot, NFS 2015 was garbage.

aphidgod likes this.
  2. Personally, I would like a large, open world driving simulator/first person exploration hybrid game. You know, with missions to complete (interesting ones, not "get from A to B within 20 seconds whilst avoiding cops/traffic/Godzilla"), puzzles to solve, real world physics, interesting stuff to read that provides clues to solve problems etc. Oh, and it would need a full weather system, realistic rain, tides, running water, secret spots to explore in caves/mine shafts/other interesting hidden locations, realistic car damage that requires cash for repairs, and a fluffy little cat as a gameworld companion :D

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'd love good old Driver 2 to be reworked with Assetto Corsa physics and graphics (obviously everything redone, but the same essence), and it would be perfect game. Maybe in next 100 years somebody will try to do arcade game with actual realistic physics, that would be new meaning to simcade, and now it means poor simulation simulators.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  4. St3fan

St3fan Alien

What I dislike about the 2012 game is that unlike the 2005 game in which I feel I own, modify, and take care of my cars, 2012 game just switches cars like random.

LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Agreed, but even there NFS Porsche was the king with actually buying the cars and then spent money to repair them, save some money and only repair some parts or if the damage was beyond a certain limit.

6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ya nfs porsche was just the best, i also hear that story wise nfs the run is really good.
    2015 was garbage i agree, the handling and acting ruined the game.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

My favorite as well. There is also NFS movie, final racing scene almost exactly like NFSHP2, otherwise it's mostly NFS Run.

ShimonART likes this.
  8. isamu

isamu Racer

Rubbish on the highest level.

The best games that fall into this pure arcade category are games that sadly aren't being made anymore, ie Daytona USA, Daytona 2, OutRun 2, Super GT, Ridge Racer series, F-Zero GX, Racing Jam, etc. It's the reason I still play the aforementioned games(all of which have *SUPERB* FFB by the way) and avoid today's arcade trash like NFS. FH3 doesn't look that appealing to me either.

9. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

As weird as it sounds, NFS Underground was sorta my entry in the sim racing world, as it was the first game I played with a wheel (gifted used MS Sidewinder non-FFB wheel, that still lives on in my shifter ;)). U2 was everything U had, but better. Only played the Most Wanted demo a little, didn't ran great on my pc back then, and then I found LFS, so NFS was a think of the past for me

And people don't want superb FFB, but todays arcade racers don't offer the slightest usability for wheel, they just adapt the analog sticks range to the wheel degrees and thats it. Even split pedals often don't work at all

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, it's EFEA after all.

"proper need for speed game" is actually an oxy*****.
    Or rather "proper" does not mean what we would like it to mean in this case.

11. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I liked the first game back in 94 on PC but I didn't try all the rest of the series they all looked awful to me as does this one.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes but IMO it's wasted opportunity. Look at success of games like Dirt Rally, consoleros buy it too. Why always either dry and realistic, or total opposite end but shallow. Why not cross over a bit. Attach simcade-ish handling into reckless cop chases.

I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes, if it doesn't go overboard with realism... People wouldn't expect it or know they have been missing it, but they would know when they try it. All this "muh customization" complaining is just because the actual driving is so shallow, so there has to be something other than driving to keep their interest. Some sweetspot where handling has depth and traits of real cars, but you still have the crazy stuff.

Wreckfest is somewhat "simmy" driving while not serious at all. Remove closed track, add open city, maze of routes, jump spots, offroad/tarmac and cops with good AI... win

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  13. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes, the 3rd and 4th were nice back in the day. But today I would have a hardtime to enjoy them. Some tunes of the soundtracks are still great though and show how much that can add to the experience - or even be the thing making it great in games and movies. :)

In Singleplayer a story "can" be great, but what I saw in videos from older approaches was sadly rather cringeworthy, beside the team chief or whatever he was in one of the TOCA games, who introduced you to the different cars. That had some charm and prepared you a little for what you face next with more or less useful tips.

Racing the coste mod track with incoming traffic in AC makes me really curious about a NFS with realistic physics.
    But the additional stuff like insane Police would make it probably to difficult for not so talented drivers (so, me).

Berry likes this.
  14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

simcade-ish just doesn't work imo, take f1 2016 or forza apex, its ****ing horrible with a wheel. (i was much faster on those 2 games with an xbox one controller then a wheel)
    so unless you can hire kunos to make your tire model there is no point on doing that. (just my opinion)

15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Imo Wreckfest is a very good example on how to combine arcade(ish) gameplay with a decent wheel support and ffb and all without Kunos.

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

took them years to get where they are now.......something that unfortunately wont happen with EA games.
    maybe the new test drive unlimited 3 that's being worked on will have the full package.

Jebus likes this.
  17. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah TDU3 with a decent ffb would be awesome.

ShredatorFIN and Schnipp like this.
  18. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Aren't fast and furious regarded as the worst films of all time? I mean i saw about 2 mins of tokyo drift and was pissing myself until someone said whats funny? I honestly thought it was a spoof film, complete pile of turd imo.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

whats that have to do with anything?

20. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Nothing. I just have an uncontrollable reaction to anything remotely related to them steaming heaps of . Forum tourettes.

And i guess from your original question... Are hou excited? You can deduce that i am not. Its all about reading between the lines