1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

You raise a point but the oddity i find that with the various GT drivers(mostly porsche carrera cup) ive had pretty lengthy talks with(friends with some higher ups at brands hatch so i get to talk with the drivers that are messing around there every now and then) that flooring it sometimes works, other times it doesnt. My initial thoughts would have been hell no, impossible. Well to prove me wrong i was shown telemetry, T1 brands hatch floored it almost right away. I thought what is this blackmagic, the car cant have been straight, how did it not spin it. Then he didnt floor it for T2, floored it out of T3. To be fair though he did nearly lose it several times. tbh though the bigger problem i find is stability, traction control isnt really an issue for me. Hopefully kunos allow a factory setting for that at some point as it would make more sense.

MsportDAN likes this.
  2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Flooring it yeah but with full lock?

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing but I've found this exploit in 3 big sims now. Raceroom, project cars and Asseto corsa. I dare say that the same manoeuvre in AMS or RF2 will defo result in my spinning my car?!

3. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Exploit?
    Show a vídeo o the so caled exploit

Enviado do meu DARKMOON através de Tapatalk

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

don't need a video try it yourself?! Try paddock hill bend at brands.

5. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

If you go into a corner with full lock front tyres will have no grip ---> understeer. If front tyres don't bite, then the rears are just going to push the fronts forward and you will just understeer even more.. You are doing the opposite of what you are supposed to do. You are moving the weight backward and increasing the speed :)

Fear, aphidgod, nate and 5 others like this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i dont think ive ever floored it at full lock, then again i rarely ever reach full lock unless im at a very low speed eg trying to get out of the nurburgring packing area.

7. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

You are the one saying exploit

So you show you doing a corner and do the "exploit '

nate likes this.
  8. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

I feel like cars have so much lock, that you never need to use all of it... I think (just an opinion with no data/facts/whatever to support it) it could be the reason for unrecoverable spins to be recoverable in AC :)

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If your using full lock while cornering you're doing it wrong. Mind your slip angle.

10. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Ehehe

Nice one!!!

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

it defies physics.

12. If you're already way past optimum slip angle in front you'd need tons of power to make your rear tyres lose traction. Shouldn't be too hard to try with any rwd car.

I'd be surprised if it works like that in rF2 nor in AMS. I think not (haven't tried full lock for obvious reasons).

Edit: rF2 has some hyper-sensitiveness what comes to steering input but I still don't think that's possible.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well if you drive effectively then it shouldnt matter.

14. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Did I understand your statement correctly now? Using full steering lock and flooring the gas pedal gives more front grip than finding the perfect corner balance with optimal front slip angle?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i don't drive like that i happened to come across it in a situation and thought " that shouldn't of happened" then managed to try it again with same results.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  16. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Anyway, my experiences are just the opposite of yours. I use way too much steering lock and more gas to achieve this understeering high slip angle effect before my hotlaps if the car in question has tendency to not heat up the tyres properly.
    I also used it in GT3 races where we had rolling starts with a slow formation lap to keep some heat in my front tyres. To me it's absolutely clear this kind of "technique" doesn't have any use in driving actually fast..

17. I think this is what I referred to some time ago when I watched certain drivers on the monitor. It looks totally unrealistic to me, and is something that has puzzled me for a long time. Maybe I am missing a trick? All I know is that if I stamp the gas too hard when cornering, I will spin out. Guaranteed. Maybe it's because getting to full lock fast enough is quite difficult for me? I am not the kind of driver that likes to spin the steering wheel back and forth very fast like a demented frisbee...

MsportDAN likes this.
  18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The opposite, it gives less front grip, which prevents the car oversteering.

Seria17hri11er and mantasisg 2 like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

Full lock at T1 brands hatch? I don't think I'd go much past 90 degrees wheel lock anywhere on that track.

@xel and Seria17hri11er like this.
  20. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

So understood his claim in a wrong way? I thought the was trying to explain an exploit in those simulators which gives a sudden front grip "bite" when flooring the throttle with full steering lock. I am confused now. o_O

I also don't like to use concepts "more understeer" and "less oversteer" as synonyms, because they aren't the same thing unless we are really close to a situation of the neutral balance. If you have right (slow) speed with a car with absurd power and you get in this "exaggerated slip angle understeer" situation and then you floor the gas pedal, I can absolutely imagine a situation where the weight transfers and the front grip is enough to give a start of rotation and the spinning rear tyres flick the car around.