1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Getting blacklisted for using the apex......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Krimmr, Jan 11, 2015.

1. I am only going by what I have read here, mate. Maybe I should check it out?

2. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

Just got banned for high ping.
    I was just about to park my car and leave but got blacklisted before I had the chance. Well...

John Gordon likes this.
  3. Blame

Blame Alien

Why are people still going on about this? Get over it, its a garbage server.

4. YoRap

YoRap Rookie

I don't know about anyone else, but in my case the admin was certainly way too trigger-happy. Blacklisting someone without warning for using the apexes in the first corner of outlap is kinda silly.

5. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

i'll have to agree. banhammer gets waved and slammed far too much there. was on for quali, no-one around me, did half a lap and bam, blacklisted. not sure what I did, cause there was no communication. I hadn't gone off track even. maybe cause of ping? would have been nice to know. but anyway, 2hats sure enjoys the hammer.

6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Was there to last night, didnt get kicked, hated he e30 dtm though, understeery, rubbish over kerbs.

7. Maybe he is waiting for all Kunos forum members to arrive, so that he can bash them over the head with the blow up ban hammer for a laugh? On a serious note, why bother with a practice session when the qualifying session is 20 minutes long? This isn't the only server with that kind of setup, but it puzzles me when "pick up and play" servers are set up in such a way that you are getting barely one race per hour. Surely we want lots of short races in succession on these servers, with minimal messing about? I mean, practice sessions can be done any time offline. Why do we need them online?

8. 2hats

2hats Racer

9. 2hats

2hats Racer

10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Server admin should blacklist himself for bad grammar in server name.

11. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

This server gave me my 1st ban ever, couldn't care less :)

sergioschumi and Hany like this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I'll check it out later today, but seriously, if you're swinging the banhammer without any valid reason or for HUMAN mistakes, then you're really silly imo. Even pro's make mistakes and spin out.
    Hell, they even have to take corners wide sometimes to prevent the car from spinning or crashing, it's normal. Nobody is a robot and can drive without making any small mistake.

McNappa, Dream1979 and cerebus23 like this.
  13. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

Has no-one considered that with a server name like that , that maybe he is just blacklisting people for fun?
    Definitely sounds like one to avoid at the moment though.
    I am all for keeping the idiots out of the rooms but this sounds like it has gone too far?

14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I have only one question: Does 2hats blacklists himself off his own server when he spins out?

He should do that the 1st time it happens to him, not even 1 mistake allowed. If he doesn't do it, then he's a hypocrite - demanding perfection from others, but not from himself.

To bad the MP is so unpolished and lackluster in terms of features. Will we ever get to set up a server as easy as doing it on GT6? As in, anyone can make a room with 2 clicks from inside the game.

I resent this dedicated server garbage... not being able to change tracks and cars on the fly it's also so... bleh, I'll stop here before I rant to much.

15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Does GT6 has servers, either community or Sony created ones where people join? Or is it based on user created lobbies and as soon as you end your game session the lobby closes?

I don't think we should ditch community servers in Assetto, but maybe implement as an alternative some sort of easy/quickly made lobby for public or invited people/password. But this has to be studied better, just as to not waste time/money resources on this instead of something more useful for the multiplayer.

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Does it have to be one or the other? Why is it so complicated to have both options? It's not like having both would not please more people, but the opposite.

17. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Wow, people *****ing endlessly about some server like it's the only one in the world. If you don't like the rules this guy is enforcing on his own server then just find the other.
    Also the guy can be as hypocrite as he want's, it's his sandbox and he's the king of the castle.

18. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

I believe Forza 3 had both after a huge uprising when they tried to remove dedicated servers. Dedicated servers are one of PCs holy grails. Thing is when you have both you badly split the community. If you saw what happened with Forza 3->4 you'll not want this at all.

One of the best ways for the community to interact is by visiting servers frequently. When you have people randomly joining p2p servers there is no community and people will not take anything seriously anymore. People feel it's just a mess about type game.

Look at the Forza community now, nothing compared to what it was around Forza 2-3.

19. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

As long as I played on GT5/6 p2p MP I rarely had any lag issues because I would chose the rooms with the lowest ping for me or made my own room.

And there were rooms that were constantly online for years even. I used to frequent a room for a track day on Nordschleife that had settings close to my liking and usually when that room was full I would just do my own room.

Again I did not see more or less lag than I see now in AC. But I did like the MP features a lot more than what AC has now.

20. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

Oh right bit of confusion here.
    Yes the GT system did work ok, that was the same as Forza 2, referred to as custom public lobbies.
    You are right to say it should be as easy to setup/jump in to a lobby like those games.

And yeah lag wasn't an issue for me either there.
    A system like that with dedicated server support would be good.

PAKFA likes this.