1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Getting blacklisted for using the apex......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Krimmr, Jan 11, 2015.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Why the game in general needs a flag system of some sort so damn desperately.

You cannot race with penalties on you put 2 tires off in the wrong spot and the game will cut your engine run a little wide out of that high speed sweeper and the game cuts your engine 9/10 time resulting in a wreck.

The engine cut while on throttle stuff is so daft and beyond that noone dares use it so we get people policing their own stuff and getting servers like this.

Find another server? Tons of servers to choose from if this guy want to ban everyone let him then he can have a private public server for he and his buddies.

2. Just did two P / Q / R sessions in there, and for me all I can say is that it achieves what it's obviously set out to achieve: clean & competitive racing, which unfortunately is few and far between in Public MP.

I spun out a few times especially early on finding my setup, no issues or warnings from them, but I did get a perfectly friendly "Little less curb John" in first Qualifying, corrected that and no problems. There were other guys spinning out too from mistakes, as the E30 DTM can be a handful on downshifts at least with H-pattern and Factory settings, but I didn't see anyone kicked or warned about that unless it was every corner on every lap.

Group order for some of these? :D

blackop.jpg

2hats likes this.
  3. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

So maybe this thread has achieved a purpose and made the server better and more appealing to all.
    A good result all round i think.

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

There's no such thing as bad publicity ;)

2hats likes this.
  5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Yes there is

6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Explain?

7. TCLF

TCLF Alien

You explain? I mean, you are the one with the original statement

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

You're quite wrong on that.
    Example:
    Nike has Tiger Woods as a spokesperson. Suddenly there's a scandal which T.W. is involved with. People will associate T.W. with Nike which results in bad publicity for Nike. Same goes with sponsors for live-streamers etc.

Jebus and TCLF like this.
  9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Not a go at you, but I've never understood that statement. In my eyes it's complete bollocks. I mean lets say that some artist/actor/choose your celebrity gets caught for pedophilia (or something equally nasty), how on earth you spin that to nothing but bad publicity?

victor86 likes this.
  10. victor86

victor86 Racer

News about the actor being caught for pedophilia fly faster than the films he's acting in. More people for one reason or another gets to know the actor and more fans appear (for example, those who don't give a **** about pedophilia).

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Sure there's always people who doesn't care if someone ****s up, but the statement 'there's no bad publicity' implies that nothing brings bad publicity and that's of course utter bollocks.

12. victor86

victor86 Racer

Well yes, on some cases it's bollocks, but imo most of the time it's true. Look at this thread - people started off crying, now they go there just for curiosity and many actually had a good clean race, including me.

Bill Wiskins and 2hats like this.
  13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

But at the same time I'm sure that there's some, maybe many, people who doesn't visit that server after seeing how it's run.

This is kinda ot already and I've said my piece on the matter so I leave this here.

14. So, back to the Operation Blacklist server...........I joined this evening, completed one test lap in the E30 DTM during the practice session, and then left.....of my own accord. I survived the Blacklist! :cool:

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

OK here goes....
    EDIT: Sorry I missed one
    I rest my case.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Bill Wiskins and Justin Cruze like this.
  16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Is this the 21st century Godwin's Law?

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

bad reputation doesn't mean less people join the server. People will just join with low expectations

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I once again rest my case.

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  19. Horus

Horus Alien

It's okay to use your lights though. :)

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  20. Tannu

Tannu Gamer

Hes like dictator. at least he can be god on hes server :)

7he4Ce likes this.