1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gt3 cars. which one you prefer? why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

He is just slower on the straight, brakes arent that much better.
    Soft tyres on the mp4 are faster, you just have one lap^^
    And one public it can be painfull with blocking idiots

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Z4, mostly because I don't like "futuristic" looking tin tops. And to contradict myself right in the next sentence, if there's ever going to be gt3 version of F458 I'll change to that in a second. While I might not like the looks of it, Ferrari is always Ferrari.

I'm more of an openwheeler guy anyways.

Queequeg likes this.
  3. I agree. Maybe I chose wrong words. You can brake a lot harder with 12C because its much more stable under braking.

Soft tyres are working flawlessly on slower tracks like Imola but aren't capable for 1 lap at Silverstone without struggling with rear end grip. Usually I have mediums on qualifying too on that kind of tracks because the gain with softs are so small its not worth the risk.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

I dig the BMW a bit more because of the FR layout that makes managing slides a lot easier, enabling me to push harder in a race, but I can see why people like the McLaren, too. With its great turn-in, it just asks to be driven hard.
    Other than that, I have to go with @Guybrush Threepwood and @Christopher Low, in that GT3s are not very exciting to drive and especially race in those common 10-15 lap races compared to some of the other cars with less downforce. I really don't understand why the E92, the E30 GrA, the Evora, the X-Bow, the 312T and even the freaking 49 (which is not even that hard to drive, but incredibly fun around the Nordschleife btw) almost don't even exist online compared to the masses of GT3 events and servers online.

Btw, the most fun GT car in AC for me is the P4/5, that usually nobody ever runs because it is too fast for GT3 and too slow for GT2.

Mogster, Kopiller and Kristaps like this.
  5. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

I'm still learning a lot about going fast, so I prefer the more under/neutral steering Z4.
    If I was good enough at car setup to make the MP4 behave itself when near the limit, I'd drive it more.
    I wish the Z4 had better sound.

The car that I'd most like to see online more is probably the Shelby Cobra. That thing is challenging!

6. Metal

Metal Racer

Nissan when it will be out. Why ? Quite big underdog.

7. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

z4, bcos of front engine. I think I might like sls even more then z4 or nismo when they come. I like my car working with me, but I also like manhandling it. I like to put some steering in it and pump some on my throttle, certainly blip it as we come down thru braking zone. It engages me into it. Most roadcars are this way too and I like roadcars very much.

I don't mind mp4 for mid engine, lotus is very fine with mid engine and im sure so will be ferrari, but mp4 just handless too dodgy, nervous, sturdy, not playful at all, too clinical and that makes you all clenched and after some time u have pain in your trapezius. p4/5 also feels nightmarish, trapped in that cockpit and mid-quick corner snaps are horrendously annoying.
    I didn't like that, so z4 is obvious way to enjoy gt race atm for me.

imo only playful mid engine gt for now is lotus, shame it's way slower then competition, but sometimes that makes it fun in some public servers.

8. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

The Z4.. Can't explain why, but I can drive it all day and never feel like itll spin or mess up unless i mess up.
    The other ones seem like they want to kill me on occasion.

9. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

The McLaren GT3 because I've made a better setup for it. :)
    I find it way better than the Z4 in low speed corners and marginally slower at straights.

10. mms

mms Alien

The Z4, because I'm not yet good enough for the MP 12C :D

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I 0refer the mclaren as its a bit more fun to drive, still lots of other combos that are fairly close and can be fun matched up. Surprisingly the f40 and 458 standard versions are very close and we had some great racing online in these. I prefer the f40 just more fun to drive full manual with h-shifter.

Also had some fun with 599xx and zonda r at Nords, I prefer the 599 again a bit more challenging and good fun hounding quick zonda drivers in it.

Zonda has the better downforce but if you can hang on to it for a lap and be close enough on the e try to the long straight you will have 15kmh on it by the bridge.

In most cases I prefer the car thats more of a challenge I dont care if its not the fastest. Will be nice to get more gt cars with the Nissan, Audi, Mercedes and ferarri to come.

Mixing them all up a bit is fun to see cars getting similar times but with different strengths and weaknesses.

Even most street cars up against eachother can be quite fun if you pick the ones with lap times within a second of eachother.

12. Just tried yesterday that its possible to setup the 12C to behave a lot like a Z4. It is propably even faster way to setup the car on tracks like Silverstone. The car was quite stable even with splitter enabled and rear wing on position 4. I droved only few laps and my best laptime was 2.00.4xx... ...but I was too tired to nail even one lap.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Our community used the E92 for our first league race a week ago and it was a blast, but open a public pickup server with that car and no-one uses it.
    We've had 5 servers up 24/7 since pickup was enabled, 3 of which are GT3 servers, an Xbow and a DTM. The Xbow & DTM servers have been empty all weekend but the GT3 servers have been active almost 24hrs a day. Supply and demand. Of course if Kunos would allow us to rotate tracks that would be a different story.....:(

Back on topic.
    McLaren for me. Can't put my finger on it but it's much easier to drive fast IMO. Maybe it just suits my driving style better. Yes it will kick your butt if you push it too hard but so will any car :D and it looks much nicer on track compared to the BMW but again that's just my opinion. The Z4 will never be a classic, the MP4 on the other hand already is :cool:

Queequeg likes this.
  14. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

In contrast to the most other posts, I prefer the 12C GT3. I really like how the car feels on the limit. No problems with the snappy handling as mentioned above, it's stable when you get the feeling of the car. (and a proper setup ;)) It's a car that you have to learn and feel to drive fast.

The Z4 feels sluggish to me, steering feel is good and overall balance is ok.

15. plaid

plaid Alien

Regarding different cars in MP:
    I think a big factor for many is, that in a race their are different competetive cars. So instead of just the XBow, adding the Lotus 2-11 (+Ariel Atom), some company for one of the E30's like a Mercedes 190E Evo II/Audi or Alfa-equivalent, the latest Mercedes C-class AMG for the E92 and so on.
    So more cars that can compete against each other and more race-cars that are different to GTE's/3's, like classic and modern Touringcars, old GT's like the Pantera.

There are some cars on the way like the Merc Evo II or the HistorX-mod, while I dont know how many of the allready rather small (?) playerbase are willing to play mods instead of official content.

Sadly there are no tuning options, cause in Forza I barely played with the standard-streetcars for actual racing, but rather you could make kinda touring/race-car out of all cars, that were rather primitive but faster and less risky then stock street versions. Reducing weight, adding spoilers and improve power and the chassis and there you go.

BTW: I really like the design of the Z4, but it really sounds horrible. Heard the one from PCars that was really good, for my ears at least.
    And it irretates me, that its much harder to move in the direction I want, in comparsion to the MP4. Like it weights +0,5t, besides the frontengine.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

All about engine placement, center of gravity, etc etc.
    The MP4 GT3 feels very twitchy when driving on the limit but it's easier to get to the limit. The Z4 on the otherhand is hard to get to the limit and keep it there. The Z4 also tends to understeer more.

Hard to say which one I personally prefer, both cars have their ups and downs. I think I'd be going for the Nismo GT3 when it comes out or maybe the Audi R8 LMS Ultra (it'll probably be announced, check Marco's FB

17. That's precisely why I mentioned elsewhere that far too many people are only interested in outright speed in race games. IMO, the standard road cars in AC are awesome to drive. I really can't wait to see more of them.

some1pl likes this.
  18. plaid

plaid Alien

OK, I want to drive the Z4, but I cant stand the sound. It maybe be realistic but it sounds like **** and the higher frequencies let my ears bleed.
    Is there a sound-mod that makes it more bearable?

Edit: OK, I looked for sound-mods didnt found one. I will make on for myself filtering the things out, that hurt. F*** realism.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  19. phizz

phizz Simracer

I really like most of the gt3 cars. Z4, 12C, SLS, R8, GTR. When they're finally all in AC it will be really hard to decide.

20. mikuru beam

mikuru beam Racer

tbh i dislike both and am waiting on the 458 and the SLS, untill that i have great fun in the evora gx (or gtc whichever one has no tc i cant reember which). it handles with so much confidence its the only car ive got into top50s on rsr. when they came out i thought it would be another boring lotus clone but its been my favorite car since along with the cobra.

will be great to see the skyline GT3 too

edit : also find the 12c front end to be a bit washy especially on green tracks, not so much understeer exactly but i have no confidence in the turn in really. i get this less so with the z4 but the z4 just doesnt feel special to me at all

i had a guy moaning at me for using abs in a race too, but i go with the rule if they use it in real life why shouldnt I

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014