1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTR 3 announced

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Recreating the FIA World Endurance Championship.

https://twitter.com/Catalyst_Games/status/1027837049804599296

Hm, I am a bit underwhelmed, i admit. Sounds like ACC lite to me, lite in content. If they have a license for the whole season, oaky, you get Le Mans and Sebring, but both are not the miracle arguments doing the trick for me.

Season 2018/10 has rtaces set also in Silverstone, Spa, Shanghai, Fuji, additional to Sebring and Le Mans.

Is this the upcoming direct contender to ACC? If so they need to score by secondary qualities, to call them like this: a generally roudn and polsihed package, good flow, good menus, elegant penalty and online system etc etc. By content - if that license is all that GTR3 offers - ACC looks more attractive to me.

Good news is that a new engine for RR gets closer. Thats what really excites me. RR is set to get the U4E engine of GTR3, once SimBin is finished.

Wikipedia on the series:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_FIA_World_Endurance_Championship

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR 2018 Rear light bug Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Physics Locking up one wheel constantly (Brands Hatch, GTR GT3) Oct 17, 2020
    Screens & Videos Nissan GTR Drift on Slippery Nordschleife Jun 5, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.4.3] Nissan GTR Racelogic May 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR collision physics May 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions GTR 2 Replacement? May 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting special event nissan gtr May 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR 2019 Skin Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [HU] GTR-Masters.hu Sep 24, 2019
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR GT3 2015 spurious (unreasonable) vibration at 52-57 km/h Aug 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Audi R8 GT3 und Nissan GTR nicht mehr da Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [V1.0] 2015 GTR Car Setup Folder Name Wrong May 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer GTR not available for multiplayer today? May 20, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [0.7.2] GTR 2018 Roll Cage Zip Ties May 7, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR Brakes Mar 27, 2019

3. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Underwhelmed? I think its a master-stroke! Like many I suppose, when GTR3 was announced, I presumed the most likely license was the Blancpain GT license as this is the successor to the FIA GT series GTR and GTR2 covered. When Kunos later announced ACC and the Blancpain license it seemed to leave GTR3 with no-where to go. But getting the FIA WEC is a really good move IMO. First it is a very high profile series with world wide appeal, and second it has LMPs as well as GTs offering a wider range of cars to drive. The downsides as I see them are the LMP1 class is currently a one horse race, and as a purist I can't see people really doing 6 hour races let alone 24 hour races but I suspect most don't have a problem with doing shorter races than the real ones. The other big plus is it separates GTR3 from ACC - its not duplicating ACC - there is room for both, and I think this will be a good thing.

Edit: if I were Simbin I'd try to get the 2017 season - more tracks and some competition in LMP1. The old GTR games were usually a season or two behind.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    LChaves and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

pic looks sweet! I like WEC just get tired of McNish talking all the time :p oh and hope Louise is in game:D

chksix likes this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Too few tracks for the running season. Just 6 tracks. Silverstone, Spa are fine, but well-knopwn. Sebring is a plus, not many have it. Le Mans I find bor8ing. Fuji and Shanghai I have no inbterest in at all.

They need to beef up the track content somehow. Just a myrtiad of cars do not do it for me. Better more tracks and less cars for me.

I wonder how moddability is for this title, due to the license.

6. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

What has the license got to do with moddability? GTR1 and GTR2 were moddable as were EAs F1 series and Crammonds GP series. Kunos have made it clear that their lack of official support for modding on ACC is not due to the license.

I think Simbin said it wouldn't use R3Es copy protection system so its possible it will be more open. But like Kunos and ACC - I doubt there will be developer support for mods.

GRFOCO and garyjpaterson like this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

If the title is licensed completely, like ACC is by Blancpain, modding might not be supported by devs and thus prove to be more difficult than for a title that gets friendly mod support by devs, and is open to that by design.

It is not enough known about GTR 3 right now.

&rom likes this.
  8. Why are they showing a pic of a Porsche from a completely different racing series? And according to the news at RD Simbin still hasn't hired a physics guy. Loved the GTR series so I am wishing them luck, but at this point I am extremely doubtful about the whole thing.

nfsw55 and chakko like this.
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

The Porsches run in the LMGTE class in the WEC, or is there a subtle diffrence I'm not seeing?

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

There's a more than subtle difference. The Porsche in the screenshot is a 911 GT3 R (built for GT3, not WEC GTE) with two of the skins that were already licensed for R3E on the same car (one being raced in Japanese GT300, the other in IMSA GTD class). Given that the screen looks very similar to the one in wraps under the simbin UK page, someone on that twitter account got the right pic but the news completely wrong. Hence the confused gif post bellow by a S3 dev.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You're right, that's not an RSR in the screenshot! I totally missed that. Now that really is weird to show.
    Still, I'm looking forward to GTR3 with the official WEC licence. Three and a half classes, LMP1, LMP2, LMGTE... the only problem I see is that there are only six tracks in WEC, as others have already pointed out.

12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

its been confirmed to be true, simbin are making the wec game

chksix likes this.
  13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

So If they get world endurance nobody can use those cars till contracts up?

If that's the case then this better be very good.

14. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You can licence cars, without licencing series.

nate likes this.
  15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

But what about RRE & DTM? Nobody can use those cars.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Source?

17. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Like the M4 DTM, C63 2013 and 2016 DTM models on The Crew 2??

nate likes this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think it’s prety cool that we are seeing a trend back towards complete series being represented rather then a sprinkling of general cars/tracks. ACC for Blancpain, GTR3 for WECC, even Race Room seems focused on series add ons with their WTCR project.

Would love to see all these developers come together and release their content as “plug ins” to a universal sim racing platform so everything is part of the same sim racing universe

19. Emerson

Emerson Racer

I really don't know what to expect... but for sure those guys already deserve a prize for the worst advertisement ever.

bgil66, Nahkamarakatti and Andrew_WOT like this.
  20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

A few days ago, noboday was talking about GTR3 , today it's the main subject on forum like RD. I would say good advertising.

bgil66 likes this.
  21. It will probably be an R3E expansion sold as a new game due to the graphics engine update. RD seems ready to hand it the 'sim king' crown already, so there's that.