1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTR 3 announced

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 11, 2018.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think simbin have a big announcement to come regarding their team. It consists of the West brothers (Racing Legends) and Zach Griffin (KartCraft) as they wanted to get people in that can get things done. :D

2. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This isnt entirely correct here.

Many of the original SimBin staff that made the early games released by that studio left before Race 07.

The remaining SimBin staff that carried on at SimBin up until 2014 when they became defunct did not suddenly transfer over to SMS. Henrik Roos, Mark Reynolds, Diego Sartori, and a plethora of others you can find listed in the credits of RaceRoom.

At that point in time when Sector3 was formed, a small number of existing SimBin employees carried on at S3, of which, some were around back in the earlier SimBin days from the (pre-)Race 07 era as far as Im aware.

To say that in 2014 when SimBin became defunct that those employees went to SMS is false. The employees that ended up at SMS happened much earlier in the pre-Race 07 days when Ian Bell formed Blimey Games (later SMS) in a split from SimBin.

3. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This also isnt correct.

Mikkel Gram Hansen is still with Sector3, and Karsten Borchers was with S3 til recently as well.

Other than those, I dont see any others that were with SimBin from the original GTR1 through to the change to S3. Well, the eponymous KW has also been around since GTR2.

SimBin UK of course doesnt have any of original SimBin staff unless they contracted out.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

?? Where is the contradiction? I said that a minority of old SimBin staff after SimBin's collapse formed S3, and that later a few others (a few more, I have read somewehre), ended up with SMS. They may have not travelled in a straight line, but I did not say that, only wanted to indicate that indeed some of them guys formed S3, and some others ended up at SMS.

And more I would not even want to claim from my side - because I know that I do not know it any better than this, and this storyline is quite vague indeed. I cannot sort all the individual names, I do not know them by name.

;) :)

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Somebody said here that Aris once was tester for SimBin. You know whether that is true? :) Just curious.

6. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I have checked the credits on my copy of GTR

Betatester
    Aristotelis 'Human Force Feedback(tm)' Vasilakos

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

He's an infiltrator! Let loose the cat, give it big fangs and claws! :D

:p

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Hah, it's true. I just checked out the 73-page printed manual of my GTR copy too. With emphasis on "73-page printed manual". You won't get a 20 page one these days. :p

AlleyViper likes this.
  9. myimac

myimac Alien

This explains why force feedback is so good in AC. It looks like his input to feel of cars was important there too

matz_AUT and Rosko like this.
  10. IMO I'd attribute the FFB to Stefano for coding it in the first place. In AC it comes directly from the susp/steering geometry, which of course Aris has to input, but for the most part this is just a case of entering the correct data.

I imagine his 'feel' is more important when creating the tyres, as well as 'filling in the blanks' from any missing data.

martcerv likes this.
  11. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

I think what nate wanted to point out is that the staff that left for SMS did it earlier when Blimey Games was formed. I don’t think any of the Simbin regulars left for SMS at a later stage. There have been a number of freelancers who worked on projects for both companies.

Most of the local staff of the Gothenburg studio ended up at other Swedish game studios. But like Skybird said there are a lot of names connected to Simbin through the years. At one point when I worked there we were like 70 people.

12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I know someone will want to start a fight with me for saying this, but am I the only one that finds the visuals from GTR2 more immersive than Assetto Corsa? I mean, I've never played the game, but looking at videos of it the colors seem just right, I feel more inside the car watching a video of GTR2 than playing AC. Hopefully ACC can bring some of that.

13. chakko

chakko Alien

Frankly, there are many claiming that iRacing has the most "natural" look for them, simply because of the subtle colour choice. I agree with that. The colours can make a lot for the visual presentation. E.g., the colours in rF2 are much too candy to my liking. AC is good in that regard, but, i think that iR still does it a tad better. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is relevant much for me in AC, though. I think it's absolutely alright in the sim. ACC looks a tad more in the candy direction to me. Especially the reflections are a bit exaggerated, as are the bump maps (if it's called like that). It's fine though, i don't care too much about stuff like that. As long as it's not lagging the eff out of my system, it's all good. :D

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I do agree that by default the stock AC reflections are a bit too much, but you can tweak that on the .ini files, I've actually turned them to the lowest settings in game and feel quite good with it. To be honest AC is quite good in that regard once you tweak with the settings and PP filters, just not quite there.

Back on topic: I'm almost 100% sure that ACC is gonna be a hell of a simulator, I just hope GTR3 will be just as good, or as close as possible to it, so I can waste my days playing two of my favourite racing series, then we'll just lack a sim with the Weatertech/IMSA series.

15. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Yes, you are ;)

AC colours can be tweaked a lot through the post production filters.

AlleyViper and miky like this.
  16. myimac

myimac Alien

I think you are right, ultimately Stefano has said the reason the force feedback is what it is is because it is driven purely by the physics engine. My point is that stefano is taking the physics and aris is providing the feedback to say how close the model is to the real feel.

Ultimately in a perfect world you take a 100% real physical model and translate that into the virtual world the sad reality is that the real world model runs with 0% CPU but in the virtual world you have to pick which parameters will give most bang for their CPU buck. In this regard, Kunos choose well.

17. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I just chime in here to say, that I would be willing to pay a considerable amount of cash for ACC to stay clear of looking anything like GTR2 or iRacing or rfactor2, or Automobilista.
    There was a time for DX9 graphics, I agree, but its gone now. We should let it rest in piece. No resurrection please;)

18. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I cant stress often enough, how grateful I am for @Aristotelis to spend the time to give all the cars in AC a decent setup.
    I'm such a cretin when it comes to setting up a car, and its such a relief, that whatever car I fancy, all I have to do is adjust the tyre pressure,
    brake balance and gear ratios to adapt for the track, maybe a notch of ARB or Wing, and off I go, and it always drives great.

sissydriver likes this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

I must admit that i don't quite understand what you're saying. 1. ACC will use the Unreal 4 engine, and, there already were posted videos and pictures which show that it will look better like those. 2. Are you proposing a higher price for the game? Or are you offering a lot of money to the developers personally? I doubt that anyone would be willing to pay 70 or 80 € for ACC, just for the looks. And i highly doubt that would be in Kunos' interest either.