1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTR 3 announced

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I believe it was a reply to (emphasis mine):

2. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

...and it was not supposed to be taken seriously, but it did not come across, I guess. Sry for that...

3. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Oh I am sure there are lot of people that are willing to pay for it. Me included. In my case I know it's not only the looks.

4. chakko

chakko Alien

Seriously? For a game with one car class, simulating a single race series? I doubt Kunos would be so crazy to sell it for that price anyway though.

With all due respect to your enthusiasm. Maybe they could provide a Paypal adress so you can donate them some beers, while you're at it.

nate likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Forza Deluxe was about $100. Does it really carry more value for sim racing enthusiasts?

dajdosta likes this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, it surely offers a lot more content. Value for sim racing enthusiasts? How much value does a sim have for a person playing arcade racers with his keyboard, or his gamepad? I don't think you can really argue that way.

I'm sure Kunos will be sensible with the pricing, as they always have been. You know, everyone should get what he deservies for his work. But, imagine they'd charge 80 € for the Early Access. Could quickly become a boomerang, when very few people buy it because of that price. Anyway, the is pure speculation. Again, if dajdosta, or others feel like they owe Kunos something, they should donate some money to them. Making ACC more expensive is surely the wrong way.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sim racing is niche market, as any niche market it should be priced higher to offset smaller customer base.
    Not sure that "arcade racer playing with gamepad" argument belongs here.

Noone is choosing different sim just because it's $20 cheaper.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

I agree, that it is a niche market. As the developers of Forza probably would offer such a feature set for 20 € or lower, i'd expect Kunos to sell it for 39,95 € final price. ;)

No, really, let's not speculate. They WILL choose it sensibly, as they always did. My guess would be, as i wrote, 39,95 € for the final release, and 29,95 € for the EA.

P.S.: Obviously, the price model of AC worked quite well for them, considering they upped their staff to over 30 people. Wonder what people always have to niggle, and act holier than the pope. Don't mean you, but, how often have i read whiny posts like "Buhuhuh... they charge so little money for the DLC's... i want to pay more... please guys, don't buy them on sale... buy them full price...". Sorry, but that's really borderline ridiculous. Really the Kunos guys can also develop without a tongue lateral in their rear end.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

just buy another copy to a friend or give it away on the forum if you want to pay more money. problem solved.

chakko and nate like this.
  10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Not to mention when somebody makes a small criticism to any aspect of the game and suddenly there are 30 people saying it's their own fault, because Kunos and Assetto Corsa are perfect. This thing is getting worse than a religion in terms of fanatism.

11. chakko

chakko Alien

True. Really no need for that. I think most of us would agree anyway that AC is the best sim on the market, otherwise we wouldn't be here. ;)

12. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

?
    I didn't say I will buy two copies. I said I am willing to pay much more than a standard price for a racing sim that interests me. Why? Because I value my free time hobbies very high. I find sim racing and gameing in general extremely cheap entertainment.
    Yesterday I spent 70 EUR for a 2 hour dinner in restaurant so even if I get only few hours of fun in ACC it will be worth it.
    For all the 3 sims I own with dlcs and pay mods and donations I payed in total cca 300 EUR. It is peanuts cause it gave me as much hours of fun.

Comparing price and content with other games are nonsense. Why would I go to a rock concert of my favorite musician if for the same price I can go to several other concerts of musicians I am not interested in? Or why would I ever pay for a book if there are thousands of free books online?
    I don't care if Forza is 1 EUR or 999 EUR I will not play it.

Atak_Kat and Andrew_WOT like this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

No, it's not. If a company somehow takes fantasy prices, which have nothing to do with the market they are offering on, the game simply won't sell. Easy.

nate likes this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Well, ever posted on rFactor2 or worse PCars forum?

15. chakko

chakko Alien

I can imagine it. :) Guess all forums are mor less the same in that regard. The iR forum as well.

16. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Developers need to precisely determine price but I am not talking about developers here. Let me remind you... You said:
    I am telling you for the third time that I am willing to pay that and much more.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ Just checking the prices at Fanatec website, as one example, should finish this useless part of the discussion. Who pays hundreds and hundreds on pedals and wheels, can be imagined to maybe also will paying 70 Euros for a dozen tracks, a group of cars, and some looks of it.

18. This has to be the most off the rails thread yet.

CKraegel likes this.
  19. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

I guess that there’s not much to talk about when it comes to GTR3 is a factor that doesn’t help.

Andrew_WOT and Poguinhas like this.
  20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

just stopping by waiting for ACC nothing to see here ok moving along:p