1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to enjoy the RED PACK!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello chaps!

So the RedPack is almost here and it has some amazing cars that couldn't be more different from one another. So here's some advice to help you get the most out of it.

First of all, let's assume you want to drive all the cars one after another. The order which you will try the cars is very important and it might make your experience amazing or miserable... take this piece of advice.

Do not, let me repeat that, DO NOT try any other car and especially the old Maserati's 250F, AFTER you have tried the modern Ferrari's F138 and SF15-T. If you intend to jump on those cars right away, take your time, have fun... then try the other cars later and most importantly give your brain plenty of time to readjusts to the speed sensation, braking points and grip levels...

The F138 and SF15-T are simply alien. There's nothing to compare with in AC. When I was doing the development of the cars, in the first week I would often stop AC, go find an onboard real video on YouTube and double check the speeds, simply because they would seem unreal to me... and every time I was slower than real life. They are THAT fast!

So it's perfectly normal that when you step off a car that does 330kmh and brakes at 100meters for a 2nd gear turn, and hop into a Maserati 250F from 1954 that does 250kmh and needs to brake at... 1km away from the turn ( :p )... well you can understand that some kind of practice is needed to enjoy the slower cars again.

Other things.
    Power Unit. The SF15-T has the modern power unit. We simulate MGU-K, MGU-H, Batteries, energy deployment and recovery limits, engine braking, active rear braking torque and more. All of it has various key combinations to activate various values and profiles. Use CTRL+1,2,3,4 to activate the various values and profiles and you'll see also explanations on the top of the screen and we also have a dedicated app named: "ERS MANAGEMENT"
    All of it will be explained in a dedicated post later today.

We have brake temps, but only for a couple of cars. As usual, for such important new features we do a step by step approach. We think the brake temps work pretty good, but we need to also implement air ducts and possibly different pads, before we can do some more hardcore brake fade effects. As usual, in the following months we will improve the new feature and update all the cars. Thank you for your patience.

Tyre model V10. What is it? Why V10 and not V8?
    We have rewritten the whole tyre model. The driving feeling will be very similar to v7 with small and subtle differences especially on combining forces. Why V10 and why the rewrite? The new tyre model permits us to have more precision on the output values and create better graphs that we can compare in a much more efficient and precise way with real data, enabling us to improve the tyre model even more. So the V10 name is because of the total rewrite. In terms of values for the modders, there are a couple of new values and some considerations to be done on older values, but nothing too radical.
    Only most of the RedPack cars have the v10, but as usual we are going to update all cars in the following months.

Ok so... I think that's all for now... Thank you for the support and for the always useful feedback that help us provide fixes and improvements in the following days of a new release.

Have fun!

baboon, beiacos_gr, baloche and 173 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Streaming on Twitch , enjoy :) May 3, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I'm being disconnected while everybody enjoys MP Nov 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I made a cinematic sequence with porsche on nord - enjoy Oct 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room The Genius (Casillo) working or enjoying his hard earned money? Oct 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Favorites, enjoyables, difficults tracks Jul 12, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos This is how ACC Latinoamerica enjoys Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone enjoy livery? May 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Race finish cannot be enjoyed Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Not enjoying ACC in VR Oct 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Competitive and clean MX5 Cup race at RaceDepartment.. enjoy the fun battles May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What cars do you enjoy racing? Mar 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Enjoy 20% Off Assetto Corsa (PS Plus 40%) on the PlayStation Store NOW! Europe Only Nov 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room you only enjoy, kunos working in progress Aug 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Would you enjoy a new Indy Sim? May 10, 2016

3. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

YESSSS! Aris - MAN OF THE DAY :)

chakko likes this.
  4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Thank you for explaining the new tire model designation. And great to know that other tires will be updated eventually. Yall are simply the best.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That sounds impressive. ;)

6. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Awwwww YISSSSSS !
    Is it getting red, hot and smoky in here or am I just imagining things ?

Thanks for the headsup :)

7. bob76

bob76 Racer

love it all ready please release the redpack I am ready for it

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

give me, give me, give me... i want, i want, i want...

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

OK OK Ill stick with the Mito and call it a day

Alexandr66, jonnyboy_99 and arthur666 like this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Hmm... Challenge accepted. :cool:
    Since I want to quickly try the modern F1's and move on to the more interesting stuff for me.

Classic Kunos. "Nah, we're going to implement just the temps". ;)
    Can we get a list of cars that have the new awesome feature in 1.7? You know, we can't check yet. ;)
    Ah just noticed Stefano's keeping the tradition alive in the FB thread.
    Again classic Kunos. "Only new cars will get V10, the rest won't be updated". ;)

Awesome news. Grazie Kunos.

marcocale and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. McCloud888

McCloud888 Rookie

Can't wait :)

12. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

V10 is better than V8, sorry americans, but on F1 Honda and Renault proved this.

13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

One thing that interest me Aris - how does Ferrari F1s compare to Lotus Exos Step1???

Brainspiller likes this.
  14. Emerson

Emerson Racer

You guys are just great! Thanks!

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The Exos is "generic". The Ferrari's are so much more "alive". So many more things happening when driving and the closer you get to the limit, the more you find. Also incredibly sensitive in setup changes, one click at a time obligatory.

16. lpmlol

lpmlol Gamer

thank you very much for the explanation and excellent everyday work, take my money, corsa assetto long life !!!

Sorry my bad ingles use google translate ...

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I suppose the exos was a toy for extremely rich people. The F1 car is a tool.

18. TDS

TDS Alien

Bring it ON :p Can't wait. 2min more? lol

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

More like 49min more. ;)

20. TDS

TDS Alien

depending on steam approval process mood of the day heheh lol

21. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Can't wait... :D