1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you enjoy a new Indy Sim?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, May 10, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

down in the deep gossip of the www there was a spark of inspiration...

If it could ever be possible, would you embark on an Indy 500 (?!) sim on the gmotor 2.5 engine?

I shurely would.

bgil66 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Streaming on Twitch , enjoy :) May 3, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I'm being disconnected while everybody enjoys MP Nov 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I made a cinematic sequence with porsche on nord - enjoy Oct 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room The Genius (Casillo) working or enjoying his hard earned money? Oct 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Favorites, enjoyables, difficults tracks Jul 12, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos This is how ACC Latinoamerica enjoys Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone enjoy livery? May 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Race finish cannot be enjoyed Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Not enjoying ACC in VR Oct 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Competitive and clean MX5 Cup race at RaceDepartment.. enjoy the fun battles May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What cars do you enjoy racing? Mar 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Enjoy 20% Off Assetto Corsa (PS Plus 40%) on the PlayStation Store NOW! Europe Only Nov 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room you only enjoy, kunos working in progress Aug 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room How to enjoy the RED PACK! Jul 14, 2016

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i dont really care for indycars at all. Well mainly its that i dont like a game for one car type eg F1, Indy, Nascar.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You didn't like GTR 2, GPL...:D

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

GTR2 i got no enjoyment out of because i made several attempts to get porsche and ferrari back and well that went well, broke the hell out of it. Was more into the Race series. Though to be fair if i got GTR2 to work i would have likely played it a decent amount, modding changes everything

never played GPL. I doubt id enjoy it, I'm not a fan of open wheelers.

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

getting porsche and ferrari back is question of 20 seconds ... at least was last time I`ve tried (2015) .. sure you used google (first link if you search GTR2 Porsche and Ferrari)

to question: No

Andy-R, Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Back in those days sim racing was much more fragmented. We had current F1 games by EA, GPL for 60's formula 1, later Simbin with GT racing. Only the (semi-)arcade titles,like GT or Forza mixed the classes back then.
    AC is a pioneer.

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Pioneer of what, Ace? ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Bull****, i spent a ****load of time trying to get that game to work effectively, i got the cars back, the ui dies, the wheels stop working, this breaks that brakes. I was tired of its ****, after 5 hours of tampering and several reinstalls i was done.

I honestly dont know what i did wrong because people are gonna assume im the person at fault.

At the very least i guess you could say AC is a pioneer of actually working.

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Only if I can drive this...

[​IMG]

GTHQ_koop and Fat-Alfie like this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

that is a lot of unnecesary * :) sorry it is not working for you .. never had issues with it and since it hasn`t changed for a long time I wouldn`t expect issues just appearing .. I could try it if you`d like in few days ..

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:eek::oops::rolleyes:...o_O
    Of dumping simracing down to the masses?!
    :D:D:D

:)

13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Pre-aero indy sure... modern ones, about as interesting as f1 (ie not at all)

Andy-R, Fat-Alfie and Mogster like this.
  14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

maybe it was software incompatibility with something else i had, tbh its too late to try again for me, i just cant go back. Sorry for the naughty words, i was pretty mad back then and ive not got over it.

Horus likes this.
  15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

no problem :) ... if you ever wanna tried it again .. feel free to PM me ...

ACE: hmmm, ok :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

...nah...,you know...simracing standards physics wise....but with mass appeal :) that thing.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The question is, would the rF2 engine be good to spark some good and entertaining new sim titles? Imagine ISI doing what the likes of Simbin or Reiza have done.

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

or better case .. imagine somebody else than ISI doing what Simbin or Reiza do on rF2 engine ;) (Reiza 2017?)

SneakyKoufax likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, only they got gmotor2 to use at full extent. Gmotor 2.5 is much more superior. If ISI scores the Indy hit, there will be much uproar in the simracing devs world.

20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well now they are on pMotor 2.something .. I`m not expecting them not to improve it even further to 2.somethinghigher :) .. also they won`t be using gMotor in Reiza2017 as far as I know ..
    Point is ISI is good at making engines but not really good at making games .. from my point of view ;) they are like Crytech or nowdays idSoftware of racing games

21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

1.:confused::eek: Reiza bought the rights to exploit on the gmotor2 engine inside out
    2.Imagine they changed their minds and decided to use their painfully evolved engine to good extend ;)