1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you enjoy a new Indy Sim?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, May 10, 2016.

1. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

I would love to get a new sim which focuses only on ONE motorsport series. To be honest, it is great to have such a wide variety in modern sims but the result is that the variety itself is too much and what you get is lack in rules, tracks, skins, cars, real drivers and teams names to have one full series out of the pandemonium that the car and track list is. You get a one car full grid on some of the track on which they race or raced. Also physics must come to some compromises to handle very different cars, from daily cabs to exotic cars built in one model only.

I miss the good old days where you got just one series, but at it's fullest in all meanings

2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

definitely not, and even less so if it's based on gmotor 2.5

nate likes this.
  3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I get that you don`t like gMotor (not much to like here) ... you have issues with pMotor too? not a huge fan of it (probably why I`m counting more on Reizas next iterations of physics part of isiMotor2)

4. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

The latest Indycars are ugly as hell but would be nice to drive them. I growed up with Indycar Racing II by Papyrus, so this Indycar aera abd the past Champ Car time was really great! Cried big tears as greg Moore died...

But i don´t like the Gmotor engine idea...I modded Gmotor engine almost my whole sim racing life (starting with SCGT, then F1 2000, F1 Challenge, RF1 and RF2 in the beginning) and i feel i was the biggest fanboy of these games, but it´s outdated now...graphical for sure and NASA physics does not make it better! Personal opinion, so no discussion about it. ;)

I think, the most interesting part of the Indycars are not the cars itself, it the tracks they race on!
    As an AC fanboy i am a bit tired of racing on european racetracks.

My simracing unicorn is racing an Indycar at long beach (prefer the 1997 season cars and track layout)

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I wouldn't, but not because it's just one series, but because I find Indycars to be very dreary. I would need to be something that interests me, like GTR2 or GTL did.

In that regard I really like what Raceroom is doing with their DTM and GT Masters Experiences, where you have different licenced series with cars and tracks and race rules in a bundled package. Imagine if you had a base game with cars and tracks not unlike AC, but also DLC packs like those experiences.

6. Turk

Turk Alien

I'd love an Indiana Jones sim.

Guidofoc and jaba1313 like this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's not that I don't like it, but it time has passed and it's time for something new

if Kunos also used gmotor, AC wouldn't look (and drive) how it does,

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

ok this is probably terminology issue :) ... if you say gMotor you are talking about graphic engine .. so that confuses me ... no problem I`ll just consider you talking about isiMotor or pMotor ..
    Personaly I think in good hands pMotor is still far from being outdated but optimal way would be what Sector3 did. To replace gMotor with other graphic engine (to be more appealing for current player). In case of AMS people probably easily ignore it cause physics, ffb and overal feeling is so good (that is why I`m curious about Reiza20017 project ... customized pMotor by Reiza with Dx11 graphic engine could bring something wery interesting into play)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin and esox71 like this.
  9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

Not just graphics, physics too

Don't tell me engine made 10 years ago , with those huge hardware limitations could be on par with more modern ones

I mean things like flexing carcass of the tire, flat spots and what not ...

Only advantage is that it has been around for so long so that it's super polished

I played few of those recently - ft legends, gtr2, race07 and even AMS/GSC
    And it felt like something is missing in there, it's was fun - especially GTR2 I liked a lot, but nope I don't believe that's the future

Rfactor2 sound like new improved version, but it's missing that polishing that games like GSC take advantage of

As far for new Reiza game, might be interesting , but if they don't bring much new to the table, not sure

It's hard to describe but newer sims feel like you drive rubber tires, it's flexing / dynamic
    While these old sims feel bit "dead" in that sense
    Car behaves "always the same" if you know what I mean, doesn't feel like you could have 2 slightly different behaviors in same corner

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

AMS has flatspotting, Aero and tyre flex, dirt pickup (and marble pickup on the way), dynamic road surface, pretty much everything other sims have and more .. so I understand if you don`t like how it feels or how physics are made by devs but richness of features and capability of engine to represent physics in scale needed for simulation is not an issue here (IMHO) .. and since Reiza now has licence to customize that engine (not just use what ISI provides them) who know how will next iteration of that engine be
    And regards of that feeling you talk about .. that just might be FFB working for you better having not much to do with physics .. just like AMS or R3E FFB works better for me on my setup, I`m not gonna make conclusion that R3E has better physics than AC :)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thanks for the insights to the different terminologies.
    I would like to see a mix of rf2 physics engine and up to date graphics (unreal 4? :)) combined in a single class sim. Not necessarily Indy, heck even TCR would do :D
    A good, complete title. Like in the old days.

12. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

...what i have nerver liked in this GMotor engine games is, that smoke and dirt comes through the cockpit. I had to lought a bit as i saw videos of automobilista and this bug on dirt tracks...

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

but yep .. dirt is comming right through windshield

14. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Nice idea with that smoke but it looks so old...

Remember SCGT? Nice reflections of wet track in 1999...graphics have not changed that much in the past 17 years with ISI games...

15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well they were not really pressured into sorting out their problems, the only real rival was iRacing which doesnt look that good anyways and raceroom which was ignored by so many people because of the payment model. Im sure they will start thinking about it as a result of the success of kunos at least i hope they do

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Next reiza sim should be on dx11 engine which rules out current gmotor.. And eventhough AMS looks good enough not to brake immersion, only fool would not want improvement

17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Which is why im skipping out AMS until they show their next game with this new engine. Then again Reiza are on the borderline of being sued into oblivion so im a little worried about them.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

I agree with everything Patrik says. :D

Pure Indy? That would be like a niche (racing) in a niche (sims) in a niche (indycars). And the playerbases are allready small, cause devided by the the sheer amount of current sims.

Not a fan of openwheelers, so I would rather like NASCARs, but I would like something new, no matter if its cars or tracks.

A bit of diversity is necessary, similiar like in Race07+addons or R3E and maybe the stuff I pick in AC mostly: Streetcars and nonscircuits-tracks.
    Licensed series would be nice, too.

Im no graphicw**** if its about other genres, but racinggames highly profit from realistic graphics and sounds.
    Also a really good AI, all the features people are asking for here constantly, combined with a good career.
    And the AA(A)-polish Patrik mentions, so there are no peas under the matress.

Talking about graphics: Im ok with ISI-like graphics, if there are working startlights, 3d-spectators, detailed pits, flagwaving marshals, also display-infos and pitcom making the overlay-hud unnecessary. Also that the cars aren't teleported but moved to the (outside)side. So more of the stuff you have in a race, instead of the quality of it. Who needs 100.0000 polys on a car?

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

yes please, an official indycar game would be a welcome addition to my gaming library