1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Iracing – dynamic tracks preview video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

What do you think about it ?
    Should we also get it here or do you think we have dynamic enough races ?
    Do we have any kind of dynamic track/real road features here apart from rubbering ?
    Is rubbering here based on exactly where cars drive ?
    Does it depend on how we drive ? For example if cars drive at snails pace (without even tiniest glimpse of sliding) puts the same amount of rubber as if we would drift all the time ?
    Or is it just predetermined here, so that after x amount of laps, put x amount rubber whatever cars do ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface Can we get monitor curvature FOV adjustment like iRacing? May 22, 2022
    ACC General Discussions iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge? May 6, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds H-Pattern Shifter works in iRacing but not in AC Mar 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing banner for ACC? Jan 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions New to ACC from iRacing... Data & Setup ? Jan 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions interest in SRS like, iRacing like Multiplayer website? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Scheduled races similar to iRacing or GTsport Apr 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corse buys Iracing Apr 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Controls menu (AKA iRacing "Black Box") Feb 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for iRacing style delta bar Oct 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3 Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lack of feel compared to iRacing. Feb 23, 2018
    Console Lounge Who else thinks we need a license system like iracing has on assetto corsa? Sep 19, 2017

3. IMHO this complex dynamic track simulation comes useful only during rainy sessions. Drying line, standing water, sunshine drying the surface, etc. For sure when speaking of Nascar racing it might be a bit different because you can play with your driving lines a lot more.

Anyhow, it would be nice to see such a feature in AC too but I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting. :)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

AFAIK in AC it's a highly simplified approach: there's a multiplier hidden in the documents that defines the amount of grip gain per lap, including the possibility of zero grip gain. The grip will be added across the whole track and no matter how many cars are driving.
    That's how I understand it. If I'm wrong, @AC Support should forward this to the devs for a quick insight.

Cheers
    Chris

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Your right chris, its very simplistic..

In iracing what is good is that it will all be done on the fly, no messing witg settings, guessing what it should be etc.. You just get in and depending on how you drive, how many cars, etc etc the track will do what it should do..

I asked stefano whether we would see the same dynamic track in ac and this was his responce

" @KunosStefano: @vx220project lets see how it'll will be.Im afraid it's a huge work for smthing that doesn't come thu at all while driving if not overdone."

Mogster, Leemstradamus and LeDude83 like this.
  6. It doesn't do anything when you're hotlapping, but it'll definitely affect things when you do races longer than 20min ;)

7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Is this wrong? In AC, isn't there a multiplier which says X% lap gain * cars per lap will added? (if gain is 10 then grip will rise to 0.5% if a car makes 50 laps or 5 cars make 10laps)

alex72 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, didn't know that ;-) I was actually trying to be sneaky by posting something that MIGHT be wrong in order to get AC Support to go and get value information for us :-D

So I guess number of cars does count but still track grip is equal across the whole track?

9. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Exactly. It's working like that.

alex72 and LeDude83 like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think thats a very impressive feature they have announced there and would really add to the simulation of driving a car on a track. In reality there are no fixed conditions and you need to adjust to track conditions every time you go on track even during a stint or a session things can change drastically. This has taken the fairly impressive RF2 real road approach to another level. For people simply keen on hotlapping such a thing is pointless as if doing it to compare against others you really need fixed conditions for all. But for an mp session or even racing AI such a feature would be very welcome, real driving is trying to find the ever changing limits of the car and track and so you need to react more then say someone just perfecting a lap on an ideal track in sterile perfect conditions. In real racing track records really dont mean much its more down to who is quickest on the day in the same conditions facing everyone and how well each adjusts to the challenges they are given. It doesnt need to be extreme changes such as wet and dry but even the AC system if it worked in MP along with time of day effecting track temps would be better then we currently have of all mp sessions fixed at 26c/32c temps which is really quite limiting for a simulation.

For Iracing to adjust track temps per zone for traffic and also shadows etc is pretty neat, the track temp build up from cars is more a thing on short tracks or ovals but temps in different track sections that are exposed or sheltered is quite impressive.

11. It looks awesome, and probably will be, but remember that 'coming soon' in iracing means that it will probably be another couple years before it is implemented and then another years after that before it is working correctly.

12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I like that really.

Like the superb physics we have in AC for the cars, it would be really awesome - and a logical step - to put additional attention and love into the physical environment. In combination with the laserscanned tracks this would be more then great.
    Such environment simulations would round up one of the main outstanding assets (the physics) of AC perfectly.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  13. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

sim racing just gets better and better...I never had a hobby until I started this...and I don't think i'll ever find a better one...unless I win the lottery.

14. kikie

kikie Simracer

This sounds very interesting.

Come on Kunos, make something similar for Assetto Corsa. :D

Cuthere likes this.
  15. I bet as soon as Kunos can figure out how to get people to pay hundreds of dollars for AC they will get right on it. Just in case you think I am kidding, I started a rookie account and added everything to my cart and even after a 30% discount my total owed is $872!

alex72 likes this.
  16. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

My jaw was on the floor watching that. Talk about a gamechanger.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  17. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't rF2 have the same dynamic track?

18. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Anything that can add to realism and immersion is all good imo. Its not going to affect the sprint series but endurance it most definitely will.

Also don't forget that iRacing are running dynamic weather now, albeit always dry conditions but I'd expect them to eventually extend to include wet, in which case dynamic tracks become much more important.

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

100$ ?
    Why thinking small, think big.

Pay per Feature.

- Set a Goal/Feature that has to be developed.
    - Set a esimated "Cost for Development" mark.
    - Set a time span for funding.
    - Let the ppl. fund a feature that they badly want.
    - If costmark could be reached Development of feature begin.
    - Else refund.

Easy. ;)

20. I truly hope you are kidding and actually see how bad of an idea that is.

Alessandro Greghi likes this.
  21. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I'm joking, of course! Its one of the nastiest business plans existing currently.
    But, you may wonder, there are (very big) projects/persons out there that work like this.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Michael Hornbuckle likes this.