1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. detoit

detoit Racer

90% of the time when I do this it looses sight with only one USB sensor. Or gets confused and upon returning to center the view is slightly reset. Sometimes it's more than slightly and I am sitting 5-8" down in my seat than where I was 2 seconds ago.. The vive with sensors literally 7-8' away do not have this issue. Partially due to the fact that there are two and thus it doesn't have to interpolate (guess) what the headset is doing. I've seen this dozens of times on the oculus including at work where we literally have a empty 20X20 room just for VR.

Nathan

2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

You might want to reposion you Rift sensor, I have no problem looking back with my DK2 with none of the issue you are describing

Tomcul likes this.
  3. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Did not like it at all. Bad resolution and a sickening feeling when changin directions from one side to another. Went back to my 65 samsung single monitor. Maybe next generation I trye again.

4. detoit

detoit Racer

Sounds like it was setup wrong and likely under the 90fps that is really needed. I know people who run with post efx on and reflections that prefer the eye candy - rather than working physics and seamless interaction/visibility.

NathanW

5. detoit

detoit Racer

Sorry but I e tried it on 3 setups. 2 being at work where the room is dedicated. Quick 160 degree turn time and time again fails. I'm glad you have it working but I've never seen it working properly with one sensor.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. stryder

stryder Rookie

I couldn't agree more Chris. I recently got the CV1 and i'm blown away at the level of immersion. Sitting there in the cockpit, its just another level. Having said all that, there is the element of picture quality but for me if I had to choose one over the other its easily VR. I'm running a gtx 970 so I will need to upgrade my GPU fairly soon, not too mention the CPU although at the moment I'm just doing hotlaps but soon as I start to race I suspect my CPU will be a bottleneck as well.

Also, just to throw it in there AC is one of the (if not the) best VR game at the moment. Thanks Kunos, keep up the good work.

Tomcul, cerebralvortex, Chris and 2 others like this.
  7. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Chris likes this.
  8. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Thanks for sharing your views, always exciting to read people first impressions and continued impressions.
    I too will be another joining amongst the VR Rifters in a couple of weeks.

Here is a query I have, can someone add their experiences.
    With VR if also having a decent audio system with stereo or surround is this fine or does the immersion improve with decent headphones and the new latest patch?

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I find VR driving more immersive with headphones.

10. atw

atw Gamer

Had the same problem in the beginning. Resolution was not really bothering me, I knew it wasn't going to be great, but I was getting nauseous as soon as I started moving, and it was especially bad in the corners. RHM and the right settings helped a lot, but I was still not completely comfortable. Then, after a few days, everything just "clicked", and suddenly I was able to drive for hours (and hours, and hours...) with no side-effects whatsoever.
    It's just a matter of letting your brain adjust to it gradually, and then there's no turning back.

11. Typer

Typer Simracer

^ This. The first few times I tried AC (and Project Cars) in VR it made me feel really quite sick, especially on hilly tracks like Nords, but it passed after a few sessions. I would still get a sudden wave of nausea when the car came to a halt, I presume because my body was expecting that jolt back into the seat from a hard stop and not getting it, but after a few weeks that passed too. Now I have no problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Agreed - just went back to headphones since the AC update improved positional audio and it's wonderful. But I've put in many hours with just 2.1 bookshelf-type speakers - it's fine if you don't want to or can't be "closed off" from the world.

Shooter80 likes this.
  13. Typer

Typer Simracer

I drive with the standard Vive in-ear headphones, they're not bad but I do wish for a bit more bass sometimes. I like using in-ears as you can wear both and get fully immersed in the game and then easily pop one out if you want hear what's happening around you IRL.

I like listening to podcasts, sometimes I'll do both and go for a hill climb up Trento Bondone with one Vive earbud in one ear and another from my iPhone in the other ear. Often my girlfriend will find me chuckling away to Radio 4's News Quiz as I try and thread an F1 GTR up the mountain. I'm sure she'll be sighing and shaking her head at me, but being lost in VR I guess I'll never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Turk

Turk Alien

Will do. I actually got to try out the Playstation VR the other day. I only got to try one of the 360 videos on youtube as they were having trouble with internet connection and the demo disk required a hefty update patch before it would run.

But it gave an idea of what the full experience would be like. The video I watched was some action sequence where I was sitting in the back seat of a car. One of my concerns watching others play VR on youtube was how you could see the guys feet, and the ceiling but the windscreen area looked like a small letterbox and I was worried about how much detail I would be able to see out the windscreen. I'm not as worried anymore, while the screens in the VR headset have your feet and the ceiling you don't' actually see those things unless you look up or down at them, the windscreen takes up the majority of what you can see if your eyes are looking forward.

Imagine a screen moving right up to your face and when it get's to a few cm away from your nose it just sort of wraps around you. When you're face is a few cm from the screen if you want to see what's at the top of the screen you have to look up at it.

I did feel a bit light headed, I'd put that down to the videos being shot from a fixed point at this stage.

I was pretty impressed with the Playstation VR headset. The crappy quality of the videos was more apparent than anything. I didn't notice any kind of screen door, it was as smooth as melted butter.

15. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Welcome Chris,

It's incredible ain't it :D

16. BinMaler

BinMaler Gamer

Finally I tried AC with Oculus CV1. What a disappointment!

While it is very immersive to have the feeling to really sit in the car the resolution is so bad and blurry I will never try it again. I run at 2.0PD and even increased to 8xAA but sorry, it's not playable for me (maybe in 10 years with 8K per eye). I went back to my 3D-TV with TriDef 3D which is crystal clear even in the distance.

17. Cuba

Cuba Gamer

I had the same issue then turned everything down and it made a huge difference. Seem like the more you try to "enhance" the images by turning AA up, the worse they become (blurry). Try everything at lowest graphics settings then start adding a bit more each time. Leave AA x2 and increase the setting above it (cant recall the name of it), to x4 or x8, makes for better resolution without hurting FPS. I always got blurry images, now it looks great! I'm running the Vive, but I imagine the same principles apply. AA really taxes the system. I'm now running with higher resolution in mirrors, smoke in mirrors etc with no problem. Also, lower the PD, too high a PD will hurt the FPS. Give it another shot. Trust me, I was very disappointed, but now its truly is amazing! I'm running a GTX 1080 too, so you should be fine after messing with the settings a bit. Also, run with Post Processing off, I tried messing with it and can't get it to run without dropping my FPS.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    mms likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Anisotropic filtering is the setting you mean. :) You can put that to x16, from my experience it matters almost zero to the performance.

Cote Dazur and Cuba like this.
  19. Cuba

Cuba Gamer

Thanks! It might just be me, but I found that Anisotropic Filtering helped with distant objects, made overall image a bit clearer. If nothing else, it made me "feel" better about the image quality :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats exactly what that setting is supposed to do afaik so just use it maxed out :)

Cote Dazur and Cuba like this.