1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Learning to drive...fast!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Dave53, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I've been playing racing games for almost 40 years. The oldies amongst us might remember the 'driving' games at arcades which were just a series of white guide posts that you had to drive between??

I have had many different consoles over the years, and many more racing games...AC beats them all....easily.

Sure, there are a few issues to work through, but seriously, the guys at Kunos have done an awesome job and are to be commended.

Like many other post-ers, I would have said that the AI are almost too good.

But this game is forcing me to examine my diving like never before. I am learning to caress the car through corners, rather than bludgeoning it till it submits.

I am learning to drive all over again - and loving it. I'm learning to drive...fast.

Cheers to the devs...don't dumb it down too much...it's not you that have to lower the standards...it's us that have to raise ours!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 164 – Learning Curves Feb 1, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Opinion: Rating system is too punishing while learning a new track Apr 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Learning to Drive! Nov 23, 2018
    Suggestions Idea for learning a new track/section Dec 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room The learning curve Dec 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Learning Circuits, Go Big Early Aug 7, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa | Learning zandvoort | Porsche 911 GT3 2017 Jan 7, 2017
    Console Lounge My drifting learning curve Oct 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Learning Tool - Slew car position - Nordschleife Jul 31, 2016
    Suggestions Some features to help learning from other drivers Aug 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A new idea for sims - ai constantly learning from humans Apr 22, 2015
    Tracks modding Track learning idea Aug 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room D'oh! idea for learning - replays Aug 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Learning to drive. Feb 4, 2014

3. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

No doubt! I find hitting a corner correctly in AC a lot like hitting a golf shot in the sweet spot. It always brings a smile to my face!

HecticZA, paul_wev, Orne and 5 others like this.
  4. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Spot on! I can't do that real well either :)

paul_wev, DrVegas and Skemekos123 like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Well said Dave, now with that kind of attitude could you post what you see as the real issues with AC on the console. It would be good to hear from someone honest and not shrilling. It takes me back to GT3 on the PS2, I had a MOMO wheel and loved it. Won every race, had a 100% win ratio and even did the 24 hour race in one sitting. Then a friend introduced me to GTR on a PC and I raced like I had an eight tonne car with ice wheels on an oiled up track. Never was there so much of a wake up call in my gaming life. I sold my PS2 and bought all the parts needed to make a PC. GTR and GTR2 were mind blowing.

I think console users now have the chance to feel that exhilaration from a title made for the console. I know it has bugs and issues, but I have read a few posts like yours that give me hope that the scene is changing for the better on consoles and that in a few months you guys will be having as much fun as us on the PCs, without needing to spend as much on a GPU as you guys spent for a whole console.

Stay safe but fast, love and peace to you and yours.

6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Same here. I came in thinking I was decent. This sim got me to rethink that. I'd say only NOW am I decent.

DrVegas, Seria17hri11er and Dave53 like this.
  7. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Well said Dave. I too have had experience over the years on consoles but mainly with joypad but have invested in a G29 and am loving the feel you get for the car through it. Currently running about 10th with Ferrari 588 on Monza although have been up to 5th before making mistakes.

What level do you have the AI at? I'm running medium and finding it to be a ***** but that said I keep going back:)

Skemekos123 and Dave53 like this.
  8. And the best bit is it just keeps on getting better.

I remember after 20 hours of AC (my first sim, and first time with a wheel) I really thought I was getting the hang of it; I felt like a real race driver.

After about 800 hours now (though I have to credit a large amount of that to modding), I know I'm so much better than I ever was, and still am learning every day. I'm still miles off being properly quick, but I enjoy pushing myself to get closer.

My best, cleanest most focussed laps 2 years ago would probably be slower than some of my 'messing about going sideways' laps today. And I drive with guys who can beat me with the smallest of effort, which shows how far I have to go :D

9. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I think much has already been made of the issues, and they are pretty well known now. The sad thing for me is that people can't make their thoughts known without getting nasty.

I'm really just in it for the driving, and in my opinion, it is awesome.

I can live with the odd frame rate issue, and a little screen tearing.

The odd thing with leading cars pitting on the last lap will be good to get sorted...but hey, it's the only win I got

At the start of a race I would like to be able to select a gear and wait to start with the clutch in...that would be a little more real. In the scheme of things, this is nothing really.

Skemekos123, Seria17hri11er and Horus like this.
  10. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I still have them on easy at the moment. But I am making ground as my skill and consistency comes up.

I bought a G29 too and bought an entry level racing seat.

11. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

I went with the wheel stand and kitchen chair as the wife would have went more mental had I bought a seat also. Might have to drop the AI and see how I fair with that as it's probably tough enough on easy anyway.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Maybe this is helpful in even getting faster

I've posted it before in the console lounge, but maybe you missed it ;)

13. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I too agree on Dave53 sentiments regarding the way people express problems/issues that have with the game. Yes, I have posted what I feel are issues but not in a rude or aggressive nature, it is so unnecessary.

I too am one of the older generation of drivers and most recently enjoyed Project Cars joining some friendly leagues and was of the opinion that it was the best thing since TOCA. However, since purchasing Assetto Corsa, I realise what a wonderful piece of work this small team has accomplished. I have now dropped Project Cars in favour of AC due to its incredible feeling, ffb, accurate tracks etc. As was of another persons opinion here, I have a smile on my face when I nail a section but as with real driving, you can be bitten on the rear on the next corner.

I would say that to have public lobbies in multiplayer is key, it is really important to be able to race with like minded individuals.

Great work Kunos

14. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Hahaha...well said mate! All us armchair racers have to answer to the missus. I was using a wheelstand with my earlier wheels.

The seat has taken it to the next level...worth all the sucking-up that it took!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  15. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

That video looks great. Thanks for sharing!

16. Horus

Horus Alien

Easy! Get the better half to buy it for you and she then gets the buzz of shopping. :D

17. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

18. Try Amazon.com. If still not available, Google it and check other sources.

DrVegas likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Seria17hri11er and shaolinzen like this.
  20. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I see it is available through Amazon here in the states for $10 (kindle)

Seria17hri11er likes this.