1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Legal tyres seperate for each car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andy-R, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

why when you untick 1 tyre (e.g semi slicks merc sls) does it untick that type of tyre for every other car (e.g lotus exige v6 cup) i would like to use the mercedes sls on street tyres and the lotus exige v6 cup on semi slick tyres.

we can use combinations such as eco tyres gt86 and street 90s tyres e30 m3 together why do we have to limit all cars when we untick a certain tyre type?

we should be able to tick and untick all legal tyre options individually not have it unselect that tyre type for every car that has them.

up until just now i assumed fixed setup would be a good work around for this but i just realised you cannot limit tyres using fixed setup :(

fr13del, Vibe Style, Epocx and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    General modding discussion Legality of modding in AC Jun 18, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Custom liveries - legal situation Dec 16, 2020
    General modding discussion Legalities? Dec 5, 2020
    ACC User Interface Typo in legalese during startup Aug 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is this legal ? May 26, 2019
    Chit Chat Room McLaren P1 LM (road-legal P1 GTR) Nürburgring laptime May 26, 2017
    Tracks modding Track list legal tracks? May 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Design Studio uses my Skins to promote their work! legal? Apr 6, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Legal tires with mods content Aug 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New nordschleife lap record for road-legal electric car Aug 6, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't run server, car is illegal Apr 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Favorite lotus street legal car in ac? Mar 22, 2015
    General modding discussion Hi when i try to launch a server with my mod car it sayd illegal car and wont launch Mar 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Would this count as an illegal convert Jan 23, 2015

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

:eek: Why?

Epocx likes this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

not sure what you mean

if you mean why cant you do it:
    tyres arent included in the list of variables. they dont appear in the ini.

if you mean why would you want to:
    because combos! sure ideally i would like to run (for example) the alfa gta against other 60's TC cars but with the limited options outside of GT racing we have to work with what we have (a fwd modern road going fiat!). as a server admin i like to offer variety and come up with new and different combinations of cars to race. i dont see or understand why you would limit such a thing. i couldnt get my head around it when we didnt have the option to limit tyres in MP previously. we got it in the end but Kunos were pretty quiet on the subject and i couldnt understand why they would limit this. having that option doubled or trebled the amount of cars we can use online (a car on different tyres might as well be a different car IMO.) same thing here, it limits the amount of combinations we can come up with for no real reason as far as i can see. i assume they could just as easily have had something like this in the server cfg

LEGAL_TYRES=SV(E30 M3);ST(GT86)

or this in the entry cfg (even better IMO)

[CAR_0]
    MODEL=bmw_m3_e30
    SKIN=alpine_white_I
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    DRIVERNAME=
    TEAM=
    GUID=
    BALLAST=
    LEGAL TYRES=SV

[CAR_1]
    MODEL=bmw_m3_e30
    SKIN=Brilliant_red
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    DRIVERNAME=
    TEAM=
    GUID=
    BALLAST=0
    LEGAL TYRES=ST

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    fr13del and Epocx like this.
  5. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sure bigbaw limited the ruf on Zandvort lastnight to hards or is that default?

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

you can limit tyres but when you uncheck a type of tyre e.g semi slicks it will uncheck them for every car that has that tyre.

so if you wanted to limit the toyota gt86 to eco tyres but allow the fiat 500 on the same server to use semi slicks you cannot. if you uncheck semi slick option for the gt86 it automatically unchecks that tyre for every other car available that has them (fiat 500)

esox71 likes this.
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ahh..

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

hards? i know the server manager previously had the ruf as having slick soft medium hard tyres but they fixed that now. i thought the new rufs only have semi slicks? last i checked i dont think they even had street tyres.

esox71 likes this.
  9. Minolin

using fixed setup, example fixed soft tyres for 458GT2:

ferrari_458_gt2.ini
    Code:
    [TYRES]
    VALUE=1

Edit:
    Ah well, this wasn't that ... loudly documented. Fixed setups can be partially only; the entries you define are fixed, all the others are still configurable. Perfect solution imho.

Example usage:
    Take 3 GT3 cars, give each a fixed Gear Ratio / Rear Wing / Tyre compound / Fuel so they compare nicely. Let drivers decide about toes and dampers, adjustable to individual driving style while maintaining a close field.

esox71 and Andy-R like this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sure I remember H in the tyre section?? ... It was fixed setup, could be talking ****e though :confused:

Andy-R likes this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i still dont follow you im afraid @Minolin :/

are you showing me how you can limit tyres currently? or is that a suggestion as well? :oops: PC stuff not my strong point.

i know you can limit tyres at the moment but its per tyre not per car. you can currently ban ALL cars from using tyre x or NO cars from using tyre x nothing inbetween

EDIT: sorry just read again lol. is that a current thing Minolin in fixed setup or is it a suggestion? (slightly excited if that is a current thing :D)

im not sure either :p its by the by

esox71 likes this.
  12. esox71

esox71 Alien

It was semislicks(sm)....I'll get me coat:oops:

Andy-R likes this.
  13. Minolin

No, this should actually work. It's completly independent to the "limit tyre compunds" and 100% "fixed setup", like ALOOG-5 uses a complete set of default setups for both the R8 and SCG.
    Now you can remove entries from one of the 100% fixed setups, and they become driver-adjustable. Remove everything except the tyre setup lines, and you get fixed tyres.

esox71 and Andy-R like this.
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

eeeek i see it in there :p:D:eek::confused:, how does it work? 1 is fastest? e.g e30 m3 (has semis streets stree 90's) 1=semi 2=street 3=street90?

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thank you very much @Minolin! problem solved :D

... now i just need to figure out how to get fixed setup working lol

esox71 and Minolin like this.
  16. Minolin

Good to hear :)

Hint:
    It's exactly the ticks. Always create & save the setup you want to have in AC, go to documents/assetto corsa/setups and remove the lines you want adjustable. The easiest way to get the template file you want to include via the acServerManager.

Andy-R and esox71 like this.
  17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Not that it should bother you because the races usually aren't too long, but be aware that without restricting tyres, players could still change tyre compound in a pitstop even with a fixed setup.

Andy-R likes this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thats good to know. it shouldnt be a problem for pub racing as I tend to run very short races <15mins

I havent had another play with fixed yet. I might have to leave it for during the day on saturday when nobody is on and I have time

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

when i found out you cant limit tires per car i was like :eek::oops:

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it works very well, the 1 very minor downside is that you cant load or save your setup but it works great for limiting tyres :D

21. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Not with the server manager.. gonna read this thread later, guessing there is a manual solution?
    edit: oh right fixed setups... i am battleing with those right now ^^