1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jun 17, 2016.

1. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Most enjoyable stream that was. I cannot believe these guys are so accessible, kudos to them for that!
    I'd say, the hell with all them haters, I'm confident there is love enough for Kunos.

2. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Of course not, in real racing you have limited seat time, real budget/sponsor concerns, the point of sim racing is to streamline the parts of real racing which exist for budget reasons, and let you try the parts that are supposed to be fun. That is, the actual racing.

Realistic penalties don't need to cover every edge case because not everyone is automatically in the series in the first place, if a driver damages his car every race hitting curbs too hard, there doesn't need to be a penalty or a ranking system, he just stops being able to afford to race. Without those aspects, you have to use unrealistic penalties that can penalize unrealistic driving.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think teleporting to pit if you jump the start is a nice step, but IMHO might be a step little bit too small. If Kunos could bite the bullet (I doubt if they have time though) and make a really nice and realistic penalty system, all the problems related to the "unrealism" such as pit speed limit, slow down to 21mph, etc will go away all at once.

My fav part of this live stream was when they talk about Mugello Club layout :D

Specht77 and Pascalwb like this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I appreciate that the false start is being looked into, its nice that feedback from the playerbase is actually being considered, so kudos to Stefano for that.

However yep, I have to agree, I think the teleport idea isn't awful, but it depends how its done. I personally think it might be a bit of an immersion-killer, for both the players being teleported and for the rest of the grid too if you suddenly see cars vanishing in front of you as you set off from the grid. I just think "when in doubt, follow the real world", and in this case I think that is what I would (personally) prefer. So a drive through penalty is how I would prefer to handle it. I do think the teleport could be a good solution for wreckers and griefers who might deliberately move their car way before the green lights, however for "honest" jump starts, I think a drive through would be enough.

So maybe;
    - if you move your car more than 2 seconds before the green > teleport to pits
    - if you move your car less than 1/2 second before green > pit lane penalty

*Something like that* (obviously the timings would be open to debate)

youwerelucky, Pascalwb and TheBoss like this.
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Yep but lately it seems that Kunos is listening to players, or have time to react to their wishes and they started to implement additional needed features.. So why not make it better and with options.. Simulation shouldn't stop at physics... Hence the racing part in racing simulation... I would argue that super complex physics model is not even the most impartant part...specially if you are using argument about casual players and public quick races...

Anyway kudos to devs for implementing more and more requested things...

Pascalwb likes this.
  6. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

The bad player begins to run from the first possible moment, a good driver could only make the mistake in the last red light.
    It could automatically go to the pitlane if you run before the last red light, and a real punishment for those who commit an error in the last red light.

Stefano hope you take it from here and obtain sanctions that satisfy most players.

MarcM likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

No teleporting please. :( The game allready doesn't shine regarding immersion.

TheBoss and Specht77 like this.
  8. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

After watching the latest 'What the cat hacked in' I now understand Kunos' and Stefano's motivations in closing the mod section. I still regard it as a mistake in the longer term but as a very small dev company time management must be a huge issue
    I also admire Stefano much more as a person for his openness and passion

9. No E04 yet, or going bi weekly?

Sent using Tapatalk

10. new episode confirmed!
    [​IMG]

PS: i suck at Paint :)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

- What's what
    - FAQ from last episode
    - Code me some code
    - Q&A

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx for the heads up V8. Make a thread for it pls, for your post does reveal the news only after clicking the vid!

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien