1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Rf2 here we come!

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

do it like the LFS forum and appoint certain forum members certain moderator rights

MarcoTav, CHERNO_GANJA, Sean and 2 others like this.
  3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

perhaps @Bram would be willing to open a similar set of sub-froums in the AC section on RD to cater for this?

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Now i understand that it is a lot of work but such is the nature of monitoring a large community, the simple fact is that assetto corsa is alive partly because of its community being a community and the modding being centralised here.

Now its meant to be a support forum yes i understand that but the simple fact is that the modding sector has taken priority massive priority and you guys should have to adapt for that.

If you need more manpower in the moderating team just go ask the people that post a lot.

All those people you banned, all those people that people that randomly attack modders or you, we will have to deal with them again.

Now im trying to word this in the best way possible as to not offend you but it likely will, the bottom line is that modding is a selling point for a lot of people that got this game, your moderation helped create a great environment, destroying such an environment makes it quite a bit harder for modders, especially with tracking progress as no other site really has the tools to properly monitor progress. Fact is that this move will push away a lot of players, a lot of modders and most of all you will lose fans as result and that means less money.

All examples of companies doing things like this in the past have ended horribly for the developers ALL EXAMPLES. Even as big as bethesda or rockstar, the facts are there. You guys are making one hell of a mistake if you go through with it.

No one benefits, you just lose fans and money

MarcoTav, xedrox, asehauDLM and 19 others like this.
  5. QC.

QC. Gamer

This... So much this... and I'd be the first of many to volunteer.

MarcoTav and CHERNO_GANJA like this.
  6. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Care to give ACTUAL EXAMPLES? I don't remember Bethesda or Rockstar ever hosting the downloads for mods to their games and then stopping the hosting of said downloads. Sure they've done some silly decisions regarding mods, but those are a completely different situation to this.

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Wouldnt work, with the 20 odd tracks that are in development at any time it would be a mess to track the stuff you care about, it would be like having a folder for all of your school work, you would lose things, its too much to track the important things.

8. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

So the qualitys required to be a moderator is having 2.000 post counts for example? That makes a person suitable to be moderator? I don't think so.

I don't think you guys still understand this are the official forums of a game and as such we need to take the threads posted in this forum seriously. Some game makers only provide 1 section in their forums to post issues/bugs with their game, and people started to make this a second "RaceDepartment" forum, when the whole idea of this is to have a direct communication with Devs to help you solve the problems you might have when playing the game.

mrk1001, bigbawmcgraw, alex72 and 4 others like this.
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

That's a bit radical @Kunos, isn't it. I do understand that the forum 'created more work' for you, but hell, hire a few admins especially for moderating that section instead of getting rid of what AC have been all about since day 0. Charge extra 0.5 dollars/euro for the upcoming DLC so you can pay their wages? I'd happily do that. People brake rules, it's what humans do, the only way to deal with it is to embrace it (like you did with the DRM?) and show them the better way.
    Rip-offs, oh just have a look and see around how many rip-offs there are in other sims, it's not only AC.

To me, 'created more work' seems like a lazy excuse and a breach of the ways you yourself set as Kunos Simulazioni. Core devs started as modders. People can easily distinguish between a good mod and a rip off just after a few laps. Quality mods always stayed on top and bad ones sank to the bottom of the page list....

I hope you find your way Kunos, I really do, things like this can break a long lasting relationship between devs and public, don't let yourself do that, you're better than this.

Yours Sincerely,

A long lasting member of this forum and an average racer.

10. burrito

burrito Alien

So the question has to be asked, why now?

It has been (as you say) a second racedepartment for a long time and only now you choose to cut it off at the knees?

jonnyboy_99 and garyjpaterson like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

So Kunos decided to chose this path.

This is huge.

I am 100% that they are pretty much aware of the consequences and also the benefits of this decision.

They have proven in the past that they are pretty intelligent individuals.

I am curious to see what this will bring for this game.

TBH I would like a more detailed explanation as in my mind, moderation excuse is not enough for me. Why not simply assign this to a person that will do only that?

Let's see how this will come up.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

12. kevin.maatman

The why now can be answered quite simple.

Because lately the threads with issues and the amount of threads causing trouble just because of them not reading our rules or not wanting to follow them increased massively.

Having 1 single thread reported by 10 users several times is also a sign for us that users of this forum noticed themselves that this should not be kept any longer this way.

And of course, its never late to put things right.

13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Nexus is 100% the best option if people can actually start using it over the sim racing options. It is way superior to all them.

jc1993 and Epistolarius like this.
  14. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Because at some point, you get inundated with enough threats to sue that you can no longer risk things going on the way they have.

15. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

On one hand, it's not the end of the world, modders can just host on another website.
    On the other hand, that other website hosts every miserable rip as well which on AC forum was nicely filtered out. I'm saddened to see this move actually help illegal content spread better by removing the filter of AC forums. This move contradicts very important point K staff has made with regards to their game on something like it creates more work for us. Sure, moderating a couple mod threads is so much work you would need a team or something.
    Hosting mods for your game while weeding out the garbage IS support in my oppinion. No mater how I look at this, it's textbook definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

Edit: This is 100% PRC material... sadly.

16. kevin.maatman

I already replied this matter. Its not a moderation question. And if it would be so we would not make everyone with X post counts moderator. Reminding once again that this forums are the official forums and as such we cannot give permissions to every single user to be able to make moderator actions just because the majority does not want to follow our rules in a section which was an addition to what this forum is meant to be for.

Since the addition brings issues, no addition at all.

17. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

pretty sure he meant only the Tutorial threads in that subforum

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  18. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Wow. I really hope this isn't somehow related to the console development, but I have a feeling it very likely is at least to some extent. I've been on these forums for a couple years now, and I certainly haven't seen some magical increase in ripped content recently. If anything, it was far worse in the past, and now one of the first things everyone seems to post in a thread is proof of the model being granted permission or a wireframe to make comparisons. This is an awful decision, and if it goes through, will be a massive downturn for AC in general and will likely just lead to a massive quality decrease in mod content.

19. burrito

burrito Alien

So once again the minority ruin it for the majority.
    So either you (as a group of people) do not want to moderate the forums or you lack the time. Fair enough.

But I am pretty sure there are people on here, who are fair and know the scene and who would moderate just that section for free. Get three users that fit the description. They are the new panel to deal with ripped content. Seems a lot simpler than shutting down modding. And if it doesn't work then you can shut it down when it fails. But this whole thing feels (from a guy who has been around since the first modded car) like a knee jerk reaction to the past month.

20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I wasn't talking about a non kunos moderator but rather a person from company to have this task exclusively and as such keeping away toxic threads.

It's curious that in this way you decide to also kill some mods which don't forget, some of them became official.

It's just sounds strange.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

mESCx likes this.