1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rigel

Rigel Alien

I don't buy it. There must be someone else behind this.

2. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

How would this in any way be related to the console version? :/ I honestly cant even fathom how you made that connection other than just general PC elitism where 'consoles = bad, therefore are to blame for all problems on PC'.

And just because there hasn't been a massive increase in ripped content doesn't mean that Kunos haven't been getting more attention from legal teams behind the scenes.

3. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Saying we do not want to moderate is the most poor and disrespectful thing you could say to me atleast. Very disappointing.

If any I think everyone can say we take moderation very serious and even better, every thread report is handled in less than 24 hours proving how much we " do not want to moderate " .

But allright, not going to enter a discussion. You can re read the announcement if it was not clear enough and I will try my best to answer proper questions here.

Regards.

4. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

About them getting the community to moderate...

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
    To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
    To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President Moderator should on no account be allowed to do the job.” -HHGttG (mostly...)

;)

Bill Wiskins and Topuz like this.
  5. burrito

burrito Alien

It was not meant rudely. From the announcement;

"However, the same section was targeted by some users that, careless of our rules and ethics, advertise contents ripped from other copyrighted software, making conversion without any authorization by the original creator and basically without any respect towards those modders that make their work from scratch. This has led to interminable discussions on the subforums resulting in a huge loss of time for the devs, moderators and those users that are very active in our community."

That to me suggests that the issues modding was creating was more than you felt it was bringing to the game. Hence you do not want to moderate it anymore on here. Which is why I said fair enough in my answer (meant in understanding).

6. iVG

iVG Alien

' This has led to interminable discussions on the subforums resulting in a huge loss of time for the devs, moderators and those users that are very active in our community.'

@kevin.maatman - directly off the thread. Losing your time.....

7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

This is such a counter-productive move it's really laughable :) Maybe it will be easier for you guys now, but basically i will now have no idea what is a legal mod and what isn't, everything will be a mixed up mess.

AC forum was pretty much a filter of legal and quality mods, i always avoided downloading anything from other sources..

Just wow.

8. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

If it's due to legal issues then the console publisher could pressure Kunos to make the decision. The PC version has been influenced by 505 giving money to Kunos for added content and their name is now on the product trailers for the PC content. Maybe it isn't console related, but "an increase in ripped content" is definitely not true as I'm sure most people can attest to who have been on these forums for years. But yeah, it's definitely my hate for consoles showing as I'm sitting here playing my PS4. I will admit, my Xbox One is a bit dusty.

nate, f1webberfan and burrito like this.
  9. LightNMagic

LightNMagic Racer

"3d Models" and "Tracks" subforums of the modding section is the reason why i come here everyday.

Lluc21, liquido, asehauDLM and 20 others like this.
  10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

THIS!

@Kunos I really HOPE that you have enough sense to KEEP the HOW TO DO sections! At least read only!

You've made a wonderful tool, if you like, for other people to use and create content. But the title that binds that all together is the Assetto Corsa logo and the wonderful and friendly community that makes this game great at the 1st place.
    Some of your own creations came through official threads - like the Cobra mod that was so good it turned as official content.

I understand the point of rights - some teams, brands are just TOO DAMN SELFISH and will ask a lot of money to have their cars in the game. I guess this is also true for tracks.
    But telling me constructing a Opel Astra mod, for example, will fetch legal action to you ...
    This could be the only point - legal action - that I would lightly accept for such drastic measure.

And what about the little but extremely important tools that actually DOES NOT exist in the game? Like the Odometer, or the Brake help indicator? Pure genius applications!

@kevin.maatman - I really hope your words are true and you focus on the game though. Because you do understand that when the mod content, ripped or not, gets out ... it will be the game that will get the spotlight and whatever problems it has will become even more clear? Nobody is perfect. :)

Good post.

AccAkut and nate like this.
  11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t like this at all, but I understand the reason for it.

I have a slight hunch of something else behind this and the 17th announcement, but I´ll keep that to myself for now as I have no further info.

We´ll see what this does to the forum and to AC and quality mod development. And to my affection towards AC.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  12. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

well, I think that this move will only create and diffuse more and more illegal rips, this forum is the primary base for downloading content (I think for 90% of AC players), people will be diverted to unofficial places where they may can find only ripped trash, why can't kunos hires a couple of moderators to only control the content here?

WallyM and mxu79 like this.
  13. steam workshop?

:(

LeonW and Rigel like this.
  14. same here the quality of the mods and the amazing development of new ones kept me coming back.

ir Sindaco likes this.
  15. Just because a mod is scratch made doesn't mean it is legal.

16. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I really don't think I will have any need to visit this forum any more, sadly :(

I race fair bit, work on tracks rather a lot, and have no issues with getting the game to run. If this forum is now to become solely a 'Support Forum' run by the team to help people with problems, I have no reason to be here. It's great that they are willing to support newcomers get their game running smoothly, but who would visit once AC is running fine on their PC?

It's a real shame, because this place felt like home, too. I honestly feel that without a link to fellow racers / modders such as this forum, AC would become completely dehumanised to me, and I think I would lose interest very quickly.

17. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I don't mind moving shop to other sites for modding related things as I already use RD as my main outlet, but Kevin keeps using the term "majority" when it comes to people breaking rules on ripped content like it is going out of style. Is there for real a rampant plague of ripped mods over on this website? I mean you do see a couple ripped content screenshots pop up in the screenshots section every once in a blue moon and people generally tear the poster a new orifice for posting mere screenies, so I doubt any ripped mod be it car/track/whatever would last even a day here without getting lynched hard. And he does say it is not a moderation issue, so I'm genuinely curious about what rules the majority of people here are breaking constantly that is leading to a unnecessary time sink for the admins. Sorry if I'm misinformed on any recent developments, I'm on a vacation right now. :oops:

Bill Wiskins and Cefa like this.
  18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Not 'legal' in that regard :rolleyes: No mod with real name can be considered legal, but that's why they're free right.. and that shi* works for decades now.

norbs and f1webberfan like this.
  19. burrito

burrito Alien

REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
    jonnyboy_99, Topuz and Boris Lozac like this.
  20. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Any real brand name used, be that manufacturer, sponsor or track name or even some design IPs in a mod will make it illegal since rarely will a mod have written consent on behalf of the owner of that IP. Going by this we can phase out modding as a whole. Nobody wants to drive a Dorsche. Which in itself is a gray area since the body itself is arguably an IP.

mms, Fat-Alfie and Boris Lozac like this.