1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New graphics engine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cgorman68, Jul 18, 2014.

1. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Ok please post the pp set you use so i can fix the autoexposure in it that is fixed only in my last pp def ok..maybe you don't see but during replay the gamma fluctuations is too high in the pp set you're using right now

2. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

I attached the set used on the right side of the video. Color saturation is set to 85% in options.
    Gamma fluctuations... wow, I think I don't really have an eye for these things. ;)

Attached Files:

3. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Maybe you're using one of the latest wich have gamma almost fixed but in the last pp set is perfect...

4. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

I'm out now, when I'll go back home from holidays I'll fix it, if you want to try yourself just change the entire autoexposure paragraph from the latest pp set I'd provided you to the one you're currently using

5. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Very dark. Looks real but very dark. Keep the same settings and do a video when the time is 13.00.

That would be a good comparison.

andrea_gi likes this.
  6. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

After posting some >> Screenshots << I found out by accident, that the backlights of the cars are very "pinkish" instead of red. Only the backlights afaik, no red sponsor-logos or curbs, they seem ok! o_O
    All in all I'm quite satisfied with the "pp set def.ini", apart from this detail.
    Somebody know which "screw" I have to turn, to get back red backlights?

I made some comparison-pics to show which set have which effect (PP set 5 is one of Kunos defaults). Klick on pics for bigger image.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Majnu likes this.
  7. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

The second image have the best color curves imho wich pp set is that?

8. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Look in the upper left corner. It's the one you use. ;)
    Personally I don't like the overall color-"tint" (brownish/grey). Apart from the backlight-problem I like the left one (which I use atm) more. It's the one (an earlier version by you) I posted yesterday.

9. Shireth

Shireth Gamer

At the moment ,I,´m using a pp set based in the final versión of andrea´s, but with "sepia" reduced to cero, colour temp 6000 and auto-exposure settings reduced a bit (and autoexposure delay in 4 instead 6)

Thank you for the work, Andrea!

10. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

So you're using my infamous pinky pp set, id abandoned it because of this issue...nothing can be made to fix sorry

T'PAU likes this.
  11. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Color temp is also dependong from user monitor indeed..so 6000 maybe good for someone...4 or 6 change like nothing for my experience...I guess why

12. Shireth

Shireth Gamer

Yes, the delay 4 or 6 changes almost nothing. Maybe only placebo in my case :D

I reduced only the auto_exposure MIN from 0.8 to 0.7, and the MAX from 2.1 to 2.0, because in my monitor at some places and some TODs, the image was to bright.

Some advice to adjust better, andrea?

13. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Just one, personal taste ;-)

14. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Posted on AC facebook page:

[​IMG]

15. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Rays if god working, i hope they update old track also because spa seems ao.much better then the others...

Filippo94 likes this.
  16. plaid

plaid Alien

There are the god rays. :)
    Looks like further improvements in (more realistic) lightning, too. And the quality of the track surroundings seems to increase, while sure depending on the track irl.
    Yeah, while I think at least at this point of the track Spa simply got more stuff. Still NR GP could get an upgrade.
    I really look forward to see Trento, that got much more detail near the track.
    Many tracks are a concrete/sand/grass-desert nearby, which looks even less blant in a videogame, minus the people around the track and in the pits, bringing it to life.
    Ikinda liked the people doing stuff in the pits in RRRE, looks awkward if you watch them doing random moves but it seems instantly more lively.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  17. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

And again: Why not here from official side? Sorry, I can't really understand why users of the official forum are sort of users class B! :mad:

BTT:
    Don't know why, but personally I don't like this pic that much. Godrays are a nice addition, but not with this extense. The whole pic, especially the seats in the foreground somehow look "8-Bit-ish", no color-smoothness.
    But, the new engine got potential. Some better PP-sets and I'm happy. :p
    Allthough I found out that I had to switch off PP if I race against some AI (haven't tried MP with the new graphics-engine), too much loss of performance. :(

Majnu and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

sorta looks like this
    sky.jpg bsky.jpg
    not bad imo

19. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

this would be nice though:D
    rays.jpg

20. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer