1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Video card ddr3 for AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Felice Pugliese, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

Hello Racers! I want to ask your advice for a video card, I now have an ATI radeon HD 5800 series and I'm well on many games, but now I want to take a new card, I would spend about 200 euro and must be ddr3 .... what do you advise me to run just fine on AC ... thanks to all!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Possible faulty video card? Apr 15, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds swapChain->Present failed how can i stress test my video card Apr 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room video card for 4K Dec 12, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Videocard has failed but recovered with 1.9.3 Nov 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best video card for AC May 11, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Since update 1.3.3, game apps seem to be forcing my video cards to idle down Oct 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Looking for video card upgrade advice Oct 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Video supercardriver p1 v laferrari v 918 spyder, vs asseto times Oct 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Life tip (and frustration) about long video card and asus Sep 9, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Showroom crashes (solved: wrong video card assigned) May 12, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New video card, game crashing May 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Screwed up with my video card upgrade Mar 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Need help with video card upgrade Mar 6, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can i play with this videocard Feb 28, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Having problems loading the game (dx10 video card) Dec 25, 2014

3. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

You have either a 5850 or 5870 which has GDDR5 memory, why would you want to downgrade to GDDR3?

4. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

5. I would get an Geforce GTX 770 if you can afford 60-70 EUR more (260 € cheapest GTX 770 in Germany).

If you like AMD more get the R9 280X. Mantle is coming soon so maybe the card get's a nice boost. (Open Source but Intel/nVidia had no interest in this new API but who knows maybe it runs on Geforce cards soon as well.)

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/61201-amd-radeon-r9-280x-vs-nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-4k/

You should be able to play AC with max details with either card (when they fix early build problems of course).

6. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

Go with Nvidia, I bought Gigabyte R9 280X and many games run slow. In AC I need to turn off vsync in order to get more fps and full GPU usage, so have many problems with AMD...

7. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

At the moment there are two possibilities

amd r9 280x -> 280x is the new labled 7970 ghz edition
    nvidia 770gtx
    amd
    pros:
    more power for invested money
    able to run 1080p with decent frames and quality
    3gb vram
    performs better on higher resolutions

cons:
    much more power consumption (500~550w psu requiered)
    at the moment less fps than a compareable nvidia in AC​

nvidia
    pros:
    able to run 1080p with decent frames and quality
    power consumption even less than compareable amd
    shadowplay (hardware encoded videorecording and in near future streaming)
    more fps in AC than compareable amd card

cons:
    more expansive than a compareable amd card
    2gb vram
    performance weaker on higher resolutions
    At the moment you can stick with that card where you feel better.
    Both manufactors are equal with some slightly more benefits in some spots.

I'm at the moment in the same situation like you, but I'm thinking about 780gtx or 290 (only when custom designs are released).
    Nice Cards:

HIS r9 280x (at the moment the silenced one and has good OC potential)
    or
    evga, palit, msi or asus nvidia 770 oc​

Then your card isn't ok.
    I tested AC with a MSi 7970 LBE with full details and 4xaf 4xaa with stable 100fps on 1080p.
    By the way you should always turn vsync off because this reduces the Inputlag...
    And more FPS or more details is always more GPU usage, when you don't have full GPU usage there are normally two options

cpu bottlenecks the gpu
    game settings are not high enough​

8. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

The fact is, Assetto Corsa is designed to work better with Nvidia GPUs, as rFactor 2 is, that's why I suggested to go with Nvidia...
    By the way, if vsync is on I will never have full GPU usage cause there's a limit of 60 fps but for some strange reason with vsync on even though I'm getting less than 60fps my GPU usage is not full. If I turn off vsync then I get more fps and GPU usage is at 98% so I don't think it's my CPU that bottlenecks my GPU, I think it's the game designed that way...