1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

video card for 4K

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by oldgamergazza, Dec 12, 2016.

1. I am thinking of adding a GTX 1060 6gb to my PC, its a good few years old with an i5 2500K CPU, 8gb ram, I have a 4K tv and would like to run Assetto Corsa at 4k, I presently have a R7 260X and running at 1080p with low to mid settings. I could not afford a more expensive Video card and i am not wanting to upgrade my Pc, any body running 4k with this sort of spec or would it not be capable?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Possible faulty video card? Apr 15, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds swapChain->Present failed how can i stress test my video card Apr 3, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Videocard has failed but recovered with 1.9.3 Nov 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best video card for AC May 11, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Since update 1.3.3, game apps seem to be forcing my video cards to idle down Oct 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Looking for video card upgrade advice Oct 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Video supercardriver p1 v laferrari v 918 spyder, vs asseto times Oct 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Life tip (and frustration) about long video card and asus Sep 9, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Showroom crashes (solved: wrong video card assigned) May 12, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New video card, game crashing May 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Screwed up with my video card upgrade Mar 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Need help with video card upgrade Mar 6, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can i play with this videocard Feb 28, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Having problems loading the game (dx10 video card) Dec 25, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Directx/video card issue with shuttle pc Oct 23, 2014

3. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

You'd be better thinking of adding a 1080 if you expect to hit 4K.
    Even then your CPU maybe what ends up letting you down.
    Someone who is running a 4k rig should be able to set expectations for you.

KillZoneGB likes this.
  4. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

The Memory Bandwidth of 192 GB/sec might be a limiting factor for 4k, its got the memory to render that res, but I doubt its got the grunt to run smooth, rough guess 20-30 fps, no option to sli.

here`s my 1080:

Display]
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
    DirectX version: 12.0
    GPU processor: GeForce GTX 1080
    Driver version: 375.95
    Direct3D API version: 12
    Direct3D feature level: 12_1
    CUDA Cores: 2560
    Core clock: 1759 MHz
    Memory data rate: 10410 MHz
    Memory interface: 256-bit
    Memory bandwidth: 333.12 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory: 16351 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR5X

System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 8159 MB
    Video BIOS version: 86.04.17.00.CF
    IRQ: Not used
    Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3
    Device ID: 10DE 1B80 119E10DE
    Part Number: G413 0000

the 1080 will blitz AC, and I know it might be out of your price range.
    (could be a good interim stop gap, for when you decide to upgrade the mb/processer with in a 2yr cycle.)

The 1070 has a Memory Bandwidth of 256 GB/sec, hope some one with a 1070 can confirm ac running @ 4k.
    if you do decide you might want to slap in an extra 8gigs of ram for the Shared system memory, and make sure you have a high speed HDMI cable (18Gbps) .

Hope this is so sort of help.

Best wishes

TLDR

I very much doubt it.

gandlers likes this.
  5. Thanks for the replies, all useful information, shame there is nobody else with the GTX 1060 to comment, maybe a second hand GTX 1070 at the right price, but still looking expensive.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have the same RAM and CPU config like you. I ran a 1070 with triples (2560*1080) and I had everything maxed out, even injected the highly demanding 4*SGSS AA with NVIDIA inspector. AC still ran at a smooth VSYNC 60 pretty much all the time.

But a 1060 - no. The difference between these cards is quite big. You don't happen to have a SLI/CrossFire mainboard? Because 2 RX480s have huge performance I read. If you pick them up 2nd hand you can make a proper bargain.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  7. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I did a Benchmark for you with the KFA² GTX 1070 EX. CPU is i5 6600

AC VERSION: 1.10.2 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=89 MIN=64 MAX=100 VARIANCE=0 CPU=48%

LOADING TIME: 14s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (3840x2160)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 4
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:1X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:4 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

I have everything in Reflections pretty much maxed out, so this uses a lot of power. If interested i can do a benchmark with lower settings.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I guess you should be fine, AC is not that demanding even at high/ultra settings.
    I am on OCed 980 and it doesn't even break a sweat doing 60fps/4k
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ts-food-for-thought.28103/page-17#post-735199
    Same goes for Dirt Rally.

Having said that, for other titles (Doom, BO3, IW, FH3) in order to run at Ultra I have to use 1440p, so upgrade is in order, as soon as 1080Ti is available.

9. That's interesting as the 1060 appears very similar in performance to the 980 in reviews I have read, I mainly play AC on my PC with occasional IRacing.
    Also there are settings that I would imagine are not needed in 4k such as AA which must help the performance?

10. Nobody here with a GTX 1060?

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

12. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

A guide: at 5760 x 1080 (which equals 6.2M pixels) my frame rate with the 919 on the start grid at Paul Ricard is ~ 130fp with settings high to max.

4k resolution is ~ 8.3m pixels which = 33%more pixels.

Therefore with my spec (pretty high end) you could expect ~85FPS @ 4K with a 1080 GTX.

A 1060 is about half to two thirds the performance level of the 1080. So for everything else equal (CPU / disk memory) assume ~ 50fps.

But with an older CPU, assume 35-40fps @ 4k.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

LOL - just done a test with my spec at 4k on a single screen and I get 101FPS.

14. Thanks for that, someone there with a GTX970 running quite smooth, interesting.

So a fair bit better than expected, so maybe a bit better on the 1060 than expected, I would be happy with a steady 60fps, I would probably lock it at 63fps if that was possible on this video card....AHHH really unsure.

15. LeiF

LeiF Alien

If you can stretch to a 1070 over a 1060 you will notice where the extra money went.

I moved from a R9 280X up to a 1070 EXOC edition earlier this year and the improvement was very noticeable. If you check my sig you will see the rest of my rig is basically last gen hardware now (bought Aug 2014) - next build upgrade will be CPU RAM and MB and I shouldn't need to splash out on a GPU for quite a while.

Point being: consider future upgrade paths - going cheaper on a GPU just means it won't be competitive for as long with new more demanding games coming out.

16. Yes I think you are 100% correct, but I really don't think I want to spend that sort of money on my PC, I am thinking about buying the video card on boxing day, hoping I may get a bit of deal, I would like the 1070 it does make sense and I would not have needed to start this thread, but its a lot of money and I primarily game on my xbox...I am still unsure as to what to do, if the 1060 would do it I am prepared to buy it but not sure about spending more than that on my old PC.

17. If you have 2500k think about OC-ing it. My 3570k (very similar) at 4.0 (with lowered voltage to keep it cool) is fast enough for practically all new games. But 1060 seems not enough for 4K. Maybe 1070 would be ok.

18. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

19. I am not sure my motherboard supports over clocking, I will look into it, its a Matx board.

20. If not, upgrade should be really cheap including mobo and cooler. 2500k is still alive :)