1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by snyperal, Mar 1, 2018.

1. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Not sure what RR has done with brake physics since the Simbin days but in ISIMotor2 the brakes warm up as you brake and become more effective.

2. kikie

kikie Simracer

Wow, calm down, it was just a simple question. No need to react like that. It's not good for your heart.

jim jones likes this.
  3. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

For me tires are the most important thing. That’s why I spend most of my time in AC of all the sims I drive. He does have a point when it comes to iRacing chassi dynamics though. They feel very nice, especially over curbs. Their transmission modeling on sequential race cars also feel very nice.

The cup car in AC has ABS so that might be why he didn’t notice.

Kristaps likes this.
  4. It's not just the overheating stuff but sidewalls. Steering response with iRacing tyres in general is rubbish. Cars are floating like boats.

denis dracup likes this.
  5. kikie

kikie Simracer

I don't get it. How can someone actually feel if a race sim has a good realistic chassis dynamics? Is it a visual thing when watching the replays or is it how the car visually behaves when taking high curbs or how the car reacts during racing?
    It's not that you are actually inside the car. And I wonder if a motion platform/chair translate these chassis dynamics realistically.

I understand that you can feel if the brakes, physics engine and tire model is realistic or not but the chassis dynamics.

liakjim likes this.
  6. AC is a little insensitive on unevenness of the road surface and curbs.
    (it got much better than before)
    I felt that The detail of the AC track surface is poor compared to iracing.
    But when I drove at the track converted to rfactor2,I noticed that there is fine detail.
    I think that it is difficult to notice detail due to low behavior change on unevenness of the road surface.
    Relatively,I am not afraid to ride on curb of AC.

mantasisg 2 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I think the visuals your brain take in regarding car behaviour trick the brain into thinking it's a feeling, which proper sim immersion should do in any case.

8. That's the thing where AC's tyres (I guess) are quite clearly worse than those in iR, rF2, Automobilista and pCars2. The one thing I'm expecting to see some improvements in ACC.

sedesa tatasa likes this.
  9. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Simvibe helps a lot with that.

10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

I Can safely assume you've never tried a properly setup up motion rig.

11. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

AC has equally as detailed physical mesh as Iracing does. Motion makes this CLEAR as Day.

Cote Dazur and Obizzz like this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sorry, can't agree with that as track surface details is where AC truly shines comparing to everything else, at least on DD, I would assume lesser wheel can compensate by bumping up Road Surface effect.

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think thats not tires, but something with suspension, when the car is in very funky moments. I like suspension more in iR, and tires more in AC. AC feels like at one time there is front and rear of the car, or left and right side of the car. And in iR it is more like whole four corners of the car at the same time... I don't know maybe thats how I should put words... But AC is just way way more natural to drive essentially IMO, because tires I suppose, way better feel to go fast to me. You can feel how you are getting better, and in iR it is just somehow same all the time, Thiim put it well.

Kristaps likes this.
  14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

If you want to say... How much does one have to part with to have a rig like yours at home?
    I understand that it is cheaper than a real race car in the long run though :)

15. I think you misunderstood me. No details are missing. I'm talking about very different thing.

What I mean is that on uneven surfaces the contact patch feels like there's literally no elasticity but just tyre center line touching the surface which gives you very on/off behaviour over bumps. Elasticity is the key. Ability to mold around bumps and kerbs.

unknwn likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

That was not very clear, to begin with. Probably @sedesa tatasa also had different thing in mind.

IMO tire elasticity is just damping, most of what you mentioned @Nahkamarakatti, I think, is mostly just visual stuff. Unless maybe you think about lateral tire flex feel, perhaps i would agree about that then.

17. It's not just a visual thing but for example how the car sticks into special corners like Karoussel. And especially how you can slingshot the car out from there.

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Or how it doesn't stick at all in some situations - kerb of the death bug. While the bug was fixed however there seems to be remains of it with stiffer cars, where somtimes when you touch the kerb with rear tire it feels like touching a patch of ice.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Kerb of death when kerb has less grip is not a bug IMO

Nick Moxley and Andrew_WOT like this.
  20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I don't know the specifics of why this is happening, however for example with GT3 cars sometimes when inside tire hits angled/elevated kerb there will be a sudden rear grip loss which will cause rear to slide instantly, this is not something I experience in rf2/iracing/pcars2 or at least not that pronounced. Kerbs in those sims also have less grip than tarmac.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018