1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by snyperal, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Wait till you hit wet kerbs.

2. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Another pointless review imo because the tester uses default setups.

3. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Just shaking the car,the direction of travel does not change.
    Or too small change.

5. Nicki Thiim did not notice that AC's physical mesh is equivalent to iracing.
    because there is no need to notice it.
    Since there was no disorder in the traveling direction due to the bump,
    it was not necessary to correct it.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think the opposite.

I think he was more about visual stuff of the track being superior in iR.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Then some devs have no clue how to make default setups.

Not at all pointless IMO, it shows exactly what you can expect without fiddling with everything to try and get what you "think" is right. Regardless of what you do, setup or FFB wise, physics aren't going to change for any of the platforms, and I think Nicki has enough experience with simracing to judge what is what. Did you really think that a similar setup or "best" setup for each platform would hide the pros and cons?
    Infact, it's very saying that he as an iR fanboy puts AC tyremodel way past iR, even though he hasn't done much AC until recently.

8. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Unfortunately, Nurb GP probably doesnt show AC in its finest light. Later tracks "look" much better.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. kikie

kikie Simracer

Indeed, you have assumed correctly. I did try a motion seat once though.

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

He does seem to have a preference for Nurburgring GP, that’s one of the older tracks in AC isn’t it. Someone should tell him to try something newer.

11. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

setup makes a big difference to understeer/oversteer, he even admits that it probably needs adjusting in the setup. So yes in regard to many of his points. default setups are just that, everybody prefers different setups & each track is suited to different setups, why would you not get them in the same ballpark before judging the physics of the game?

dermonty likes this.
  12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

I got roughly 1200$ into my 3dof motion, Yes ANYONE can build a motion rig for cheap, You just might have to dig deep in your Resources/Friends list to get welding/mechanical/electrical help if required. Overall tho It aint rocket science. PM me if you want more details or check out my thread in my Signature, you'll see.

TRUST me ANYONE can do it with some of the builds ive witnessed and helped on.

chksix likes this.
  13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

"just shaking the car" Umm what ? lol

After_Midnight and liakjim like this.
  14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Cheers Nick! At the moment I can't afford it and there's no space in my small flat. Just good to know what to expect when I sell my playseat.

15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Understandable, there are cheaper ways to go about it with different controllers and Wiper motor's and such, but ya stuff can get expensive pending where in the globe you are, But if Size is the issue in the future and budget isn't, There are Much Smaller Foot print Seat mover designs, Basically All in the foot print of a standard office chair. Lots is possible with some ingenuity and drive to want something bad enough. :D

chksix likes this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Default setups are fine enough for comparison, that is what a lot of people will drive with. The thing I find weird is leaving ABS on in the AC car while the other two have it off by the looks of it. The cup car from factory comes with ABS which can be disabled if the rules don’t allow it in whatever you are racing. Seems if you are compating the car it should be all with ABS or all without. AC does the exact thing as RaceRoom with regards to braking but wouldn’t feel it as much if ABS kicks in instead of brakes locking.

Actually strange that the other two don’t have it enabled by default as IRL it’s a feature thats there by default and removed if needed, not the other way around

17. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

All of the official Carrera Cup series run without ABS.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sure but that’s because it’s been disabled for them due to the rules. There are category’s that run with ABS, point is the car comes with it by default

19. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Actually you have to install it. The sensors are there but the ABS box is not. Same thing with TCR touring cars.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yep, was wrong there, comes with sensors and harnes to fit it if needed. Original point stands though that the all cars should have had it either on or off (guess off). Technically AC should have it off by default as well then