1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ok what DONT we like with AC (constructive criticism only )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

Why is it always such a sensitive subject to even bring up anything that could be dismissed as 'eye candy'? There's nothing to be scared of - with all the scalable levels of detail, if extra buildings and textures start lowering FPS on your system, put the sliders back a bit. The only real issue is time and resource from Kunos' point of view, but you could also argue that the more 'shiny shiny' you make the sim the more casual punters you'll get through the door. Seeing people getting jumped on every time something like that is raised is getting very old.

Personally I'd love to see the level of trackside detail upped on the original Kunos tracks, or at least a mechanism for modders do the same job without having to resort to ripping the game to bits and re-importing to do it. And I agree they would also benefit from being weathered/dirtied up a little. Any other 3rd party tracks are obviously blank canvases in this regard.

At the end of the day, the sim will be around for years to come, and the majority of people will upgrade their hardware for more performance if it's worth their while, so why can't at least ask to have our cake and eat it?

2. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

I don`t (need) like the stock cars. But this is my very own point of view. For me it`s waste of DEV Time wich could be better invested into the MP. ;) ( <--- watch this smile befor flame)
    Ah...one thing..i don`t need the horn too. :cool:

Everything else seems to be on the way. Very good feedback from Dev`s, KUNOS seems listening to their customers. Much better than other companies.

FishforRent likes this.
  3. eitow

eitow Gamer

I would like to get rid of distant shadows flickering and objects jaggedness.No matter what changes I make this problem still persist.
    It would be good if Kunos could focus more energy on releasing more tracks over cars.

The Moose and Rui Santos like this.
  4. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

For me, the only major annoyance I`ve found with the game is the constant need to reconfigure a control device (G25) when I plug and unplug another controller, be it a gamepad or a flight stick.

5. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Probably because AC's still under development and is currently lacking the sim racing bit - no offline race weekends and championships, no multiplayer of any description. Yeah, modelling and coding are (hopefully!) separate development threads, but a lot of it, IMHO, still reads like a discussion about what after dinner drinks one's going to have on the fifth visit to a restaurant that's not even opened yet - if the main course turns out to be rubbish on the first visit, the after dinner drinks on the fifth visit become something of a moot point.

6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

wont change if you look on the assetto Corsa website again.
    I am happy with the tracks, just need Nordschleife (first DLC).
    Next DLC's will provide Le Mans, Bathurst and Suzuka following the last vote!

FishforRent and Festa_PWR like this.
  7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I think it would be more accurate to say that what you do not like is the attention of detail for the Nurburgring landscape and facilities are not comparable to that of Silverstone. Is that right? The track its self seems ok to me.
    ~Bailey

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. One thing I would like to have in AC (I can stay on topic by saying "I don't like that this is missing", maybe?:oops:)
    general management of set ups, that is an UI which shows for a car the set ups on the different circuits, allowing confrontation, editing, copy and past (of a selected set of parameters, this would be great).
    Of course not to substitute the access to the car-circuit setup during a session!

But perhaps this could be done as an UI mod?

9. Bailey

Bailey Alien

This may be of interest to you.
    AC Utilities - Skins and Setup Manager from FUORIGIRI. (Thanks eSea One)
    ~Bailey

Stefano Pinchetti likes this.
  10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Things I don't like in no particular order:
    -The AI so far
    -The menu while slick, seems a bit cumbersome, a friend could not find where to disable auto gears without explanation...
    -Can't select car version S1 - S3 without going to the actual car screen (minor annoyance at best)
    -Apps are not sorted on the right side of the screen. I think this will be a hairy issue in the future - think something like vanilla apps tab and mod apps tab separately would be a good start there
    -Lack of option to assign clutch to a button on wheel (stated to be as intended but still don't like it)
    -Lack of option to assign TC level and ABS buttons to wheel (for those of you throwing eyes at the mere mention of those driver aids please see the dev oppinion on TC here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/grip-concerns.6386/#post-78320 )
    -Inconsistency of car sounds - may be subjective and unfounded but personally I feel some car sounds are raw and visceral while others are just bland. I say this taking into account that some cars are racecars and some are production road cars ofc
    -Monza 1st corner can be cut for pro lap times
    -Wheel setup is overly complicated - personally I can't dial out severe wheel vibration when car is stationary without dialing ffb down too much, and it is annoying in other occasions as well which is infuriating considering how perfect ffb is 90% of the time. That 10% though is like finding a large bug in your 5* hotel bed
    -FFB can't be adjusted for cars separately
    -Setup tooltips are not quite there yet
    -Lack of development transparency - yes we get big media announcements for new cars/tracks and VR integration but what about development plans for the smaller features and details? - small team is no excuse for this

Lucky for me lots of these are not game breakers and the list of things i LOVE about this game is much much longer.

PS: - no multiplayer - YET! :D

11. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

This is a bug, the engine doesn't deal well with low/no speed situations, so those stationary vibrations should be gone eventually.

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Hope so...

Simon Roberts likes this.
  13. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Im fairly certain they mentioned it somewhere. But you can confirm this by just looking at the suspension telemetry when stationary.. It goes wild. Something definitely isn't right.

14. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

I not read all of this thread but my view, keep the quality of every track top notch, and yes that includes track side detail. AC is a brilliant game, a driving sim that sets a new benchmark, but Kunos please don't start rushing it. Always quality over quantity, and for me that includes blimp cams and decent track surroundings. Perhaps make more of the game DLC, I will pay more, I'm not a 16 year old who will pay 400 for a GPU but wine about 100 for software. But yes I have noticed the later tracks, not quite up to the same standard as Silverstone and Imola as complete packages. Guys please don't black mark me for these comments, AC is absolutely top notch and my favourite, just some comments / views.

15. magzire

magzire Alien

I'm sure this was mentioned before but what I really like to see an option to turn off that red arrow when a car is near. Ruins the immersive feel.

16. Juergen Herrmann

Alexims likes this.
  17. magzire

magzire Alien

Thanks Juergen

18. Juergen Herrmann

your welcome ;)

I got the same problem/question and i`m happy to share the solution :)

magzire and Bailey like this.
  19. Thanks Bailey!
    Interesting, also for the skin management and the ability to download skins (I have not tested this yet but it seems promising).
    It does show a whole set-up in just one window, I still miss the chance to read/edit all the set-ups of a car side by side.

It might actually be my business-intelligence mindset o_O
    I recommend building a database :) http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1996-02-27/
    We always build a database :cool: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1996-02-28/

mangal likes this.
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Aside from the obvious AI issues, I'd really like to hear the sounds improved. Many of the interior sounds are quite good but, some added dynamics can improve those in time. I know that this is not a high priority right now but, some of us really enjoy kickin' back while sippin' a beverage and watching our race performances from track-side cam's. Few things add intensity like proper engine exhaust sounds. I know, some of that will come with having filters applied but, ideally - there should be separate samples for approach/departure, intake/exhaust, on-throttle/off-throttle (engine-brake), and of course - backfires. The intensity for this will not come from any amount of road-noise, wind, echo, reverb, etc. It will come from a combination of really effective engine samples - the kind that raise the hair on the back of your neck when you hear them in concert. AC deserves to have that kind of sound IMO.