1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ok what DONT we like with AC (constructive criticism only )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. john1231

john1231 Rookie

selectable ghost cars / or at least the ghost of your best time of the track and the car you drive in.

2. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

I am overall very happy with the progress of AC but one area that could use some more fin tuning is FFB. IMO the WHEEL TENSION is a little low and light on some cars, the T125 in particular. We have plenty of FFB but the wheel feels too loose when turning or when the tires are gripping in corners. In the T125 we don't need any more FFB power in the form of vibration or pulling forces, the force needs to somehow be focused into the tension in the wheel. I realize the wheel gets light when under steering into a corner but this is exaggerated maybe a bit too much. More tension in the wheel when cornering would make this a Perfect driving experience. Thanks KUNOS

3. Riccardo

Riccardo Racer

..road cars. I would only racing cars.

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

1000 Players, 1000 Opinions.
    Kunos cant make everyone happy and if you need race cars, buy their DLC's.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  5. Riccardo

Riccardo Racer

and i can not say my opinion? :p
    and "Assetto Corsa" look @ name "Assetto Corsa" and not Assetto Stradale.

and for DLC's when they become available i'll buy them. First I have to see how the development will go ahead. ;)

petesky, Colt Rogers and Shaddix like this.
  6. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Menus is still slow/unresponsive.
    Navigating between setup tabs is too slow; an always visible vertical list of 'tabs' would be good.
    Default setup of the Lotus 125 S1 has 200L of fuel.
    Ghost advantage option (good idea) is now in steps of 1 sec, but I would like smaller steps, eg. 0.1 second.
    Pit limiter.

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Lotus needs 200l to run a longer race, can also be found in the changelog.;)
    Menu is normal fast, could be on your side.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

8. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

Generally i really like overall direction of the game, small improvements are needed for many things, whats ok in early access.
    As for now i think waiting time on grid could be shorter (sometimes takes hours to start race...) and much more config option for visual and steering of course.
    But im happy already and every update make me smile ;)

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

If optimization would be a little bit better especially VRAM usage. I see a nice improvement after 0.7.5 patch but if it's possible to get it even better then I'm happy.

10. Erwin

Erwin Racer

I see. Default setup equals AI setup. I guess this is will be changed in future updates. For now it makes longer races possible. :)

About the menu: sometimes clicks are not registered. I tried to figure out when this happens. It seems to be happening only to the left buttons (drive, replay, options, etc). If you click some time during the animation, nothing happens.
    More generally, I don't like the menu animations as it forces you to wait up to 2 seconds, for example when you select a track (fading/alpha transitions). It's only a minor annoyance of course, but I rather have a fast menu (no animations).

About is the pit limiter: I noticed it's actually more than just an RPM limiter: it even applies the brakes if you enter the pitlane at speed, until you reach 100 km/h. Then the automatic brakes are released and the car coasts to 80. I would like to disable the pit limiter (if only by editing a file) until it's possible to assign a button to it.

ajleece and Shaddix like this.
  11. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

More brightness headlights and a little more brightness while driving, for example, at 17:30 or at 18:00 for those who do not use the post processing.
    I know that in reality when driving with the sun low on the horizon and in the face is more difficult to drive but without post processing enabled is really too dark.
    I suggest this for those who, like me, does not enable post-processing because otherwise you must lower very much world details, AA, AF, shadows, etc. for not having fps drops with v-sync enabled, like me.
    But ok, these are just small details.;)
    Sorry for my bad english, greetings to all and thanks again to all Kunos guys

12. 2 things that annoy me:
    1. if i hit a wall / fence slightly instead of ricocheting off of it, it spins me around and smashes me.
    2. The AI run into you and push you around and never back off.
    But still a fantastic game that only gets better.
    Keep up the great work kunos.

13. Tr51

Tr51 Gamer

I'd like to have a clutch that is not a switch on \ off

panosdimp likes this.
  14. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

When all the dust settles the game will live or die on it's multiplayer. At the moment it's not user friendly, you need to be able to change cars and tracks in the server without going to the lobby or listing cars and skins for no bookings.. I'll look forward to the major release and improvements in this area

panosdimp likes this.
  15. DeXteRrBDN

DeXteRrBDN Simracer

I don't know if it has been already said, but I think it's important for the user experience.

-Availability to change car without leaving the track.
    -Car usage statistics (local or remote), kms driven, laps done, fuel used...
    -While in practice, availabilty to add AI users, without leaving the track.
    -Setup sharing when online.
    -Car intake restrictions, to limit cars, usefull for leagues

All of these are things LFS does.

panosdimp likes this.
  16. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

As has been mentioned a number of times the multiplayer sim racing market, whilst considered very important amongst the niche groups of hardcore sim racers is a small subset of the overall market.

17. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Since this thread has reappeared, I'll add another point that I've made several times already. You know, because that's a useful thing to do.

I don't want no open wheel
    All I want is flags flags flags
    I don't want no Romeo
    I don't want no sound engine

Get rid of the throttle cut
    I know it'll be hard but
    It's more important than other stuff

18. omlam

omlam Rookie

option to dial out deadzone on wheels that need it.

19. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

The ability to adjust the apps and their settings while the game is paused after pressing the Esc key.

20. i think thats totally wrong, its those hardcore sim racers who will keep creating content well past the full release and the mod content will attract new people as its free.

i agree with the guy you responded to, multiplayer is going to be the main factor to this being successful longterm. weather its hardcore sim racers or even the drifters.
    talking of drifting, a drifting points system for multiplayer is a must.

GhettoRice likes this.