1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Im not gonna post a link to the download if thats what you want.

2. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

As said above, give us a proof. otherwise ist just your Paranoia.

Horus likes this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I don't need the link.
    I want to see your video with you on the server either showing someone using a trainer or you using it.

As someone said in this thread "wakeup sunshine", when some site says pay xx$ and download cheat/trainer for whatever game, get ready for some keylogger or other nasty crap.

Horus, William Sebastian and dermonty like this.
  4. baboon

baboon Alien

I don't see any reason to assume that it is impossible to cheat online. But just because it's possible it doesn't mean the whole online mode is compromised now...

Olivier Prenten likes this.
  5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

1.jpg

Forget about server side, check sum blah blah blah........
    its just a simple method of finding the offset and changing it to .......
    nothing to do with altering data files.

Happened to me last year, some noob crashes out, later on pass me going 300mph+
    Doesn't bother me @ all, with decent admin I`m sure there going to be blacklisted.

Biggest tell tale sign is the super acceleration.

Olivier Prenten likes this.
  6. There is no way im gonna download a trainer for this game or any other game on my steam account and risk a steam ban and not be able to play any of my games. Im not into cheating so why would i any way. The point is that while trainers for ac are easily availabe i would like a better offline ai experience. Some ai cars seems pretty good while others seems terrible.

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Would help to get a video showing their behavior against you. But also change to their first person perspective when they ram you from behind. I've had occasions where I thought it was their fault, but I actually crossed their line too fast or braked too soon for what is expected. And this will also create accidents vs humans. But is better to make a video showing faulty AI behavior, believing it or not, AI is a constant work in progress for kunos, so every feedback will help for future updates.

Horus likes this.
  8. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

i'm not saying there's no cheating, but i've been playing since early beta and tbh although i tend to pick and choose my servers I sometimes join random ones and i've NEVER noticed an obvious hacker, perhaps i'm lucky, but my point is, it's not like the cheats are rife..they're not, if you find one, take notes and report him, no-one here needs that crap.

9. The best cheaters are the sneeeky ones. Ever been right up somebodys bumber then suddenly they are a speck in the distance? You can change your settings all day and not achieve that accelleration.

kosh likes this.
  10. No.

11. baboon

baboon Alien

It also wouldn't bother you when the cheater is a bit smarter and doesn't use obvious super acceleration; he would never be detected.

kosh likes this.
  12. Never really noticed any cheating... Maybe connection issues leading to warping, but that's it.

iRacing ? :D

13. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

haha, just read this, the reason they are ramming you is you're braking too early, the AI brakes later the higher you set it, lower the setting to around 85 and you should be around the same lvl ;)

14. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

no never

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Cant say Ive ever seen any such cheat behavior on my servers or others I know are run properly ever. You wont risk using it because you suspect using such a trainer will get someone a steam ban, but then your worried about it being so rife within AC?

That seems some crazy paranoid logic to me, first id love to see evidence of people cheating as you say its so common. On any properly setup server I have never seen any such speed boost etc.

Then if you assume doing this will get people banned off steam then, how are so many doing this as you claim. Without any evidence of the cheats working by showing a replay of others or showing you making it work its just paranoia.

Im not saying its impossible to cheat but ive been online plenty and never seen it, you say you dont go online because of the cheating. So surely you have plenty of evidence to back up your theory or if not yet, would easily gather some assuming you see so much cheating in mp.

16. NO! just tested that setting. I started in 4th and was right behind the audi r8 in front of me and still got rammed from behind at Barcelona gp.

17. I play counterstrike alot which is steam vac protected. If they detect a trainer on my pc i will get a steam ban. No way will i risk testing the AC trainer. You can see in another post here about what i mean. Its not just accelleration, it brakes and other things.

18. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

i'm outta here, in years i've not noticed any cheating and yeah the ai is a bit wreckless @ times, but it's biggest fault is once you pass it, it gives up soon after, I'm really struggling to justify or clarify exactly what it is you are complaining about, therefore I have no way to help.
    Now i'm going to get another beer and practice not spinning off for my next race :p

19. LilSki

LilSki Alien

I don't usually post in these threads but did want to add that I have seen this super speed behavior once before. It was at spa and I was coming out of the last chicane he was about 5 sec behind me. By the time I got to T1 he was speeding and warping by me. By the time I got to the top of the hill he was gone from sight. Now mind you this happened ONCE in my entire time online in AC so it is not something that is running rampant, especially on well run servers, but it can indeed happen. BTW this was on the ALOOG Spa GT2 server a long time ago and I'm willing to bet he soon got blacklisted afterwords as someone got out and saved the replay to report it to admins.

PuffTheMagicBelgian and Horus like this.
  20. Yeah ive noticed the ai dont want to overtake and all that as well. I just want a good offline experience . Playing online in a public server is like stock car. Offline should not be the same experience. Its like 1 in 10 online races is fair in public server. I cant be bothered with this post anymore. I would just like a better offline race. Even the **** codemasters f1 ai dont ram like this game.