1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Its the drivers that use that hotkey carefully and are difficult to spot that are the problem. This is my last post on this subject,

2. EdF4ce

EdF4ce Rookie

Cheaters are out there, i get them on my trackday server from time to time using speed and grip "hacks" setting rediculous times and ramming everyone else off the track without budging an inch. They are scum and they do manage to get online with this trash, just had to make another 4 guys admin on the server to try keep on top of it, its definately a daily occurance and ruins it for others for sure.

tangoman and kosh like this.
  3. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

Yeah, if it was an ALOOG server he woulda been perma banned, they don't mess around in there, mostly idiots just get a temp ban, but for something like that it's permanent.

Horus likes this.
  4. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

Sad really, I like to win...ok, possibly come third :p ...ish, because i'm just faster or luckier than others, I see no joy @ all winning by exploiting stuff ( maybe it's 'cause i'm just over 50 and too old to give a monkeys lol).

kro likes this.
  5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I only play on the servers I know the admin, and any shenanigans be it smart or plain stupid I`m pretty sure it will be picked up and dealt with,
    and boy they check every replay......

Cheating online=Very bad sportsmanship in my eyes, maybe they cant hack being crap and need to powerup the odd`s.
    or maybe their John Tomas is to small.

So am I bothered, I`ll have to ask Catherine Tate and get back to ya j/k

only gripes I have are the AimBots in FPS games. hence no more BF games.

Horus and WardogZ like this.
  6. Hany

Hany Alien

Ive never seen it. Sometimes people call me a cheater when I do laptimes they have never seen before. Also make sure the checksum mismatch works in your server otherwise everyone can edit the surface grip

7. Don't listen to Hany, he is a cheater; I know he is a cheater because he is much faster than me and that just isn't possible.

:D

8. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

ROFLMAO!

9. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yeah I raced him before in AC and R3E and I agree. Hany stop being faster than everyone or I will report you for being faster than me :eek: /s. In all seriousnes, I have over 2000h in the game and have never encountered a cheater.

CamsX, Hany and eXo like this.
  10. I get flattered when people call me a cheater :oops:

CamsX, Horus, D1visor and 1 other person like this.
  11. nonnex

nonnex Alien

12. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

You wouldn't happen to be having these AI problems on some obscure, years old mod tracks, are you? And it's very likely you are mistaking poor connectivity/latency for cheating. You can download a "trainer" for practically any game you can think of for a google search - very few of them will function (as something other than malware :p).

13. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Obvious troll is obvious.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Hmm, the thing about AC is that it's not a "locked" game where you unlock stuff by winning stages, so cheating doesn't make much sense. In multiplayer, on public servers, well you can cheat if you find a way but.. for what? Winning the race? On public servers people just enjoy racing each other, there is no pressure to win. The only area where cheating could get you something is in leagues. In leagues, though, there are lots of people watching you and the controls are stricter.

Having said that, it's ok to alert the developers about possible cheating methods, I would suggest to send private messages to them with some proof so they have ways to understand.

As for AI, we've been following Stefano's videos and the improvements have been quite big. We've started out with a "crazy" AI , then a too "polite" one, now the mix is good, they will attack you if you're slow and make mistakes, they are maybe a little slow when you push them out of the ideal line in a corner but overall definitely fun to drive against in quite a few cars. As far as I understand Stefano wants to make them even better and he's definitely up there with the best simracing programmers in the history of this genre so..

15. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

All the people jumping on him, I finished the career at 100% opponent strength. Casting aside when the game put me up against unfair opposition (I can't remember the race, AI was driving a car that was about 4 seconds a lap faster than anything else in the field, was a lot of complaint threads about it at the time). I was able to win it all with mostly default setups aside from the Formula Abarth, which was impossible without specific setups (as the setup can make the difference of a few seconds easily)..

I thought the AI was absolutely terrible, they are generally fast and sometimes very fast, but sometimes very slow... it varied, but one thing that did not change through the entire thing was how dangerous the AI drove, they lacked any spacial awareness.. It was like driving around with a field full of angry Pastor Maldonados, you had to know going into a corner "I have to do something different here, because I know I will get rammed if this guy is behind me".

It didn't really matter if you were running faster laptimes because the AI doesn't drive fast in the same places as a human and doesn't have the same driving characteristics as a human, the AI also appear to have some sort of stability system that allows them to easily punt you off the track without themselves taking a hit. Jumping on people because they don't like the AI by claiming the person is slow or attacking them in other ways is not helpful. It's a fairly commonly shared opinion around the whole sim-racing community that the AI in AC is poor, I don't think I've really ever heard praise about it.

kro, mrk1001, VĂ­tor Sousa and 2 others like this.
  16. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

Cheats do exist since there is a torrent version of this game. Just saw one cheater some days ago at a nordschleife tourist server, he said he is just 40sec faster cause he is alien and not cheater....looool. One dumb retard also defended the cheater cause "there is always someone faster then you"...lol. And when almost all people on the server wanted to see how the cheater is able to do that laptime and go spectator on him, he just left and joined with another nick and didnt cheat anymore. But they dont use the older ones, where you where also able to spawn on any place of the track you want - like this one in the year 2014 anno domini.....lol
    upload_2015-10-18_7-25-26.jpeg
    upload_2015-10-18_7-26-55.jpeg
    (the red bmw is able to spawn here and when outside of my car double weight or grip and horsepower, can crash anybody out without going off by himself) true alienstuff going on here..lol

And ac isnt vac protected till today?

But the KI is realy going better now. Also the weight of the cars seems now handled very much better in crashes then before - you dont get rocket anymore when somebody hits you...you can make contacts now :) very nice.

baboon likes this.
  17. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Right. But it's the definition of "attack" here that's key. If "attack" means stay on my ***, grab the inside line on a corner I over-drive, etc., fine, I'm happy to be "attacked" that way. The problems arise when "attack" means ram me off-track on corner entry every time I approach a corner with a hotshot AI on me and I brake a tad early. The AI will turn your mistakes into race-ending offs yet the AI do not "attack" each other in this way and neither do they make mistakes. I'd like to see AI cars spin off or over-drive a corner every now and then.

Dream1979, Horus and WardogZ like this.
  18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

This. I love the AI aggression and them sticking their noses into (most) corners now, but getting punted right off a corner into the grass/sand fully sucks, especially when they don't do it to each other. Other than that, I've been having some epic battles with AI since 1.3.2.

Dream1979, Horus and Strummer like this.
  19. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

If you don't like AC's ai (I find them poor indeed) and if you are annoyed by online cheaters (never saw one btw) or reckless drivers, do league races. It's free, it's fun and it solves all your problems at once ;-).

Mauggy, esox71 and Olivier Prenten like this.
  20. Horus

Horus Alien

Cheats cheat, racers race. Let's face it getting a penalty for cutting a track causes consternation and much ranting and raving, cutting/trimming a track is cheating. There are levels of cheating, but if you hate to learn and only wish to have empty wins keep cheating. I find it funny that most of the rammers/cheats/wreckers own CS-GO, maybe there is some connection. :)

KillZoneGB likes this.