1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pcars public release delayed - ac on the way...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by 3dchips, Oct 17, 2014.

1. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Today I got information from my local dealer the public release of pCars (PC) is canceled this year. The earliest release date would be spring 2015.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer MP UI similar to pcars2 or ams2? Mar 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room PCARS 2 Vs. ACC Jun 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Would you like to see a Race Engineer in ACC (as per PCars2)? Nov 29, 2018
    Console Lounge The Official "I haven't bought PCars 2" Thread Sep 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2 Jun 21, 2017
    Screens & Videos Comparision AC and pCars - Physics overview Jan 1, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 Brake Pedal Course (Comparision with PCars and R3R) Sep 15, 2016
    Console Lounge Car comparison list AC/Pcars Sep 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room PCars 10.0 worth a look now? Mar 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa v forza 6 v pcars at mp4-12c brands & nordschleife Dec 20, 2015
    General modding discussion Linear ffb - fcm 1.1 pcars - something similar to ac? Dec 18, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Forcefeedback - a song of fire and ice (pcars vs ac) Aug 24, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Weird issue of g27 not working in ac after pcars crashed Jun 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Did anyone figured out controller setting to emulate pcars controller feel? May 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Banned for posting my opinion about pcars May 8, 2015

3. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Glad for Kunos! :)

4. demerzel

demerzel Racer

Now kunos can delay too. :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If this is true I guess its a good thing, not for Kunos but the players. I have respect for developers that delay their game instead of release something they arent happy with.

Gunja likes this.
  6. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

What I can find is only the WiiU version is postponed...

(not that i'm buying it)

7. victor86

victor86 Racer

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all?

MPaC, mangal, FishforRent and 6 others like this.
  8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

If it is true, then it is good news for everyone - Kunos will have more room to market and sell their game before Christmas, and when pCars will finally be released, it will be a better, more polished product that I could actually enjoy. So the long term outcome for the SMS will be better too.

elchshooter and Queequeg like this.
  9. some1pl

some1pl Alien

10. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Yes confirmed on the official website also, the release date has changed since this morning from november 21st to march 20th...

11. atchoo

atchoo Racer

It's true AC will sell a bit more, but I think they (AC and PC) are different games with different target.

Deatroy, MPaC, phizz and 1 other person like this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I wonder whether they are just behind their long-timed schedule, or were taken by surprise by what AC recently showed to be like, now needing to improve their own quality in some fields, namely physics.

Anyhow, I can sit in and drive just one car, so I most likely pass on PC anyway. AC feels like what I always have yearned for in a driving sim. From there, any change can only feel worse. :D

alex72 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Skazz

Skazz Racer

It had nothing to do with AC. I'd assume it has more to do with GTA V release on the nextgen consoles (November 18th), and generally polish level to ensure good reviews to ensure it can compete in the AAA market.

Don't forget, AC is simply selling on Steam and progressing via word of mouth, pCARS on the other hand has a distributor (Namco Bandai), console sales, physical boxes to distribute, splash coverage in games shows, and more. pCARS has to have a clean and smooth release, they couldn't afford otherwise with the console market.

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

They were happy with it until they tried the Release Candidate, then after trying it they realized that what they have is not good enough anymore.
    Kunos has raised the bar ! Again!
    Might not be the truth but I like to think it is.:D

15. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I'm not surprised, I tried some build last month and cars could go out of pits without damage. They are probably behind because of consoles.

smallblockhero likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The delay was inevitable, there simply is too much work yet to do and releasing Pcars is an unfinished state would be a mistake. Being a multi-platform title makes it even more important to get the game right and have it fully polished. SMS made the right decision. They have an amazing game in development and it would be a shame to drop a cylinder so close to the finish line by pushing too hard too early.

17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Well to be quite frank i dont think AC is ready yet. But a christmas launch would make alot of sense to me. It would also strenghen the sales. It would make up time to polish the beast and simultainously maybe get the DLC ready for a double win!

Steam still says November for PCars.. this might be a publicity stunt.. beware Kunos ;)

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  18. atchoo

atchoo Racer

It's not simmy like PC, but Driveclub is a perfect "We sell to you an unfinished game" example.

19. I just got even more hyped for The Crew :D
    Is that wrong or? :oops:

20. Epocx

Epocx Alien

yes, very wrong.

alex72, MPaC and Patrik Marek like this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you are serious... not at all.