1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pcars public release delayed - ac on the way...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by 3dchips, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Having tried the beta, i can tell that even with the arcade physics, i enjoyed it quite alot. But well, the first game i ever played was NFS Underground, so i guess i still have that need for going fast in the streets :rolleyes:

2. I am serious

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

wow. really great news for kunos, they dont have anyone stealing their thunder, but a major bummer for me. have been eagerly looking fwd to this game since they announced it.

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

and along hte lines of the above poster i may just get the freaking crew instead. its got its own charms

5. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I really dislike how they advertise the game, play in a crew and have friends and s**t. its just glorified simple multiplayer. nothing more, no?!
    pcars looks to be more promising in terms of fun racer though.
    i played most NFS titles back in the days. Some where really much fun! Underground was the best i think - at the time.

but having a sim like AC, its just priceless.

6. I guess it'll be the best to find friends in the real world and not online but of course personal preference, but you can actually meet some good and friendly people online. I like the game for what it is and the feel the city's have to them, not to mention the details. I like that it's not a racing game but a free open world where you can do what you want. If you wanna cruise down the strip in vegas, sure do that, if you wanna go offroad with a friend or some stranger to see who get's first to the top of the mountain, you can do that to. Of course you cannot compare it to AC but i think it was never ubisoft attention to do so. I like simracing and i like how cars feel and respond to your inputs in AC, but sometimes i enjoy a game like the crew as much. It all comes down to personal preference and that's what it's all about.

GungFuLee likes this.
  7. larcos

larcos Gamer

I'd like PCars to succeed personally. Even if you don't intend to play it (I do), competition is always good in the video game market. For instance, I like Ice Hockey, so naturally I'd like to play a decent hockey video game every now and again. But ever since 2k Sports stopped producing their NHL 2k series EA has basically gone to annual roster updates and minor bug fixes in their series. No need to be innovative for them, mindless sheep will buy the game anyway even if it's not really NHL15 but actually NHL08 v1.5, the game even contains some bugs that go waaay back to the first release with the current engine.

8. I think pCARS will sell alot of copy's only by the fact that it's eyecandy, which seem to be the big deal for people in these days. I personally prefer gameplay over graphics, but take a look at the battlefield series which i play myself. BF4 is eyecandy compared to BF3 but the gameplay is no way near as good as it was in BF3, but i will say, that the last "fall patch" as they call it, made BF4 alot more playable, atleast i can enjoy playing it now.
    But what i'm trying to say it that i would not be worried about people not buying pCARS, and i do believe it will sell more than AC. Just my thoughts.

9. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Pcars in actual gameplay looks nothing like the promo screenshots, AC currently looks better to me.

10. I agree, last month when I tried Pcars I was a bit shocked.. It is very pretty yes, but it's not like a replay/screenshot, that's for sure.
    AC is definitely on par in actual game play, if not better.

Pcars does have better crowd animations/flying planes/helicopers/flags tho :)

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

too late :D

12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

you wish .. :p
    pcars has it's fautls, .. it's probably less polished then AC for driving,

but they have way more cars, way more tracks ( and tracks that ALL looks SAME quality and are above AC )
    plus their career mode is something else

and since they are planning to release on consoles, Career/SP is big part of the game,

I'm happy since it gives them more time to work on it, do more polishing and hopefully release even better game in the end

Dude27 likes this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I think Ac driving physics is more polished, but gameplay ? you mean things like pitstops? real time weather? day/night? actual racing flag rules & penalties ?

14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I tried Crew beta and didn't like it at all, not vissually, not actual driving,

it's a great what they achieved ( the seamless streaming technology ) but not game for me ,,, sadly
    had big hopes for it, but it didn't deliver for me

you should try demo before you buy I think

15. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

DriveClub is hardly 'unfinished'. They simply overestimated the sufficiency of their online infrastructure.

Which happens quite a bit. Kunos experienced this, although to a much more minor degree, because this isn't some first-party AAA game with hundreds of thousands or more trying to play.

16. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I guess I get that from earlier games like Midtown Madness and well, NFS 3... but yeah I'd like if there was a proper driving simulator in that genre.

17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

PCars is a tripple A title after all. The rain effects look really nice, except the fact that the droplets dont get blown away at speed. The weather you can set to realtime which collects its data from real world weather station. Pretty amazing. You can already see the manhoures and talent that went into the game. I wish i could test it...

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im looking forward to the game but I saw a video where the rain went on the exact same spots and looked exactly the same. Im afraid that it will make me so annoyed that I cant play in rain. :(

19. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Four months is a bit much after giving a confirmed date . Must be something serious , noticed today (not on here) a few P-Cars users over-reacting to people asking for them to release it openly in some beta form like we've had with AC . They're like gollum with the precious or something what's that all about ? .

Epocx likes this.
  20. The physics is really the only thing that bothers me in the crew, otherwise i was blown away with everything else in the beta. Never thought i would like an arcade car game after AC but there is just something about the crew. That feeling when you drive into New York and the first thing you see is hundreds of yellow taxis. And coming from the highway at night and seing all the light details in Vegas. I'm pretty amazed by that game so far, and of course it had to be delayed :(