1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Quality of sim can be measured by how ruthlessly it exposes driver's lack of talent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

The difference between Version 1 and 6 I don't know, but Version 1.xxx or Version 2?(I'm playing Ac from january 2014) vs Version 6 is 'not that much' for MY standards and IMHO. Not like first it was driving on ice and now it's glued. Or the other way around. Not at all.

It's not like in january 2014 I thought : Wow(or crap) tyres and now I think : Crap(or wow) tyres.

Some things are placebo:)

--->The base tyre model(and FFB) is just the best. Period. So Kunos would be stupid to adjust that 180 degrees (exaggerating off course but you get my point)

And people who spit on it: Try a real car on a real track on a real day:)

People who praise it have been working hard (hours and hours) probably to master AC in a way...

Cheers
    Robin

tabis and ears1991 like this.
  2. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I remember Grand Prix Legends, two of my mates had it(WR Kyalami, joystick they were top 10 drivers back then ) in 2000. I tried it. Never been so depressed in my life;)
    For weeks trying to get out of the pits without spinning(joystick) &^%$#@@!!!!@@#@##
    After months I got the hang of it. L49, F312 through old Zandvoort floating oversteery. OMG what a revelation(and I got my first steering wheel too)

GPL helped me to 'feel' physics of a powerful rwd car , a lot.

Some might say GPL has its flaws. I agree. But it's base physics and feel were incredible imho.

Cheers
    Robin

tabis likes this.
  3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

The current tyre model (ver. 6) is definitely a good step forward compared to the previous because fixed a very important issue that was the excessive volatility of tyre temps and pressures. Now the tyres remain hot and stay more stable in terms of temps and pressures.

Robin_NL likes this.
  4. esox71

esox71 Alien

Nice videos, But I can't seem to find rain mode on AC :p

Robin_NL likes this.
  5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

;)

In the morning it was still dry. So I did 6 laps or so(short version track) drifting away and my rear tyres were cooking off course.

Then came the tractor with 1000s of litres of water and it began to rain as well(haleluja)

Cheers
    Robin

esox71 likes this.
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

But in some cars the difference is quite big...
    For example the SLS. It's been a while since I drove it and I remember it as a boat that goes sideways with even a small touch of the gas pedal. Last night I took it for a spin on Nordschleife and was surprised how different it is than how I remembered it. I think I did 8 laps in it and I'll definitely get back to it.

To me it feels better now, probably because it's easier to drive it through a corner instead of drift.
    But then comes the question, "which one is closer to reality?".
    Another car that is completely different is the Lotus V6 Cup.

Not that it gives me nightmares and I can't sleep because of that, but that's interesting why some cars change so much. If we assume every change is an "upgrade" because if not to make it better then why changing something at all. Then it would mean that the previous version wasn't that close to the real thing?

Yeah I know, placebo. ;)

Robin_NL likes this.
  7. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Now if only all cars had the same tyre model version :rolleyes:... But the console version happened :D *hides*

Glaurung likes this.
  8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I understand. And yep I agree. But the basic physics stay the same.
    It's only the tyre sliding earlier/later.

And that's also in real life. Sticky tyres vs 'other' tyres. Such a difference .

Cheers
    Robin

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I remember those post from 12 months ago or so with people saying they struggled to catch slides as they couldn't "feel"the tyres...

It seems the dev's can't win.

D1visor and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  10. dauntless

dauntless Alien

12 months ago it was difficult to catch slides because the ffb back then was not as good as it is now. And back then it was pointed out that self aligning torque was not what it was supposed to be. I'm sure there is not one single person on this planet who actually prefers the launch date ffb over what we have now. (if you find such person stamp on his feet and throw sand on his face).

Had no one mentioned anything that's what we would have today. But because the players complained and the devs listened the issue was corrected and everybody did in fact win.

mrk1001 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I post relatively rarely nowadays about AC-related features. This is my marker indicating that all in all I am very happy with what AC now is, and that I see little reason to post grumpy comments and recommend cures to this or that "problem".

Beyond a certain treshhold level of detail, the realism of physics can only be judged by somebody who knows the real car and track anyway. For most of us, it is less about the reality's real physics, but our imagination on what they might be like.

Since I see it this way instead of caring for more or less realism in this or that feature, I live and play in a more relaxed and laid-back attitude. Call it the Xanadu-grade of sim-driving. :D

brioche likes this.