1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Renewed appreciation for AC's Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I just have spent the past hour to use a replay from action at the Nordschleife to enter photo mode. Nothing new in doing that. But while I moved the camera manually around, I started to be captured more and more by the track itself, ending up with moving it all along, a complete lap, with just hiovering closely to the gorund, stopping in places, turning, watching, and being stunned by the many - partially new - details there are. Time of day was 0930, sunny, and DOF was around 20. When you move this way, low above the ground all the time, it is different than driving slow in a flat car, it is something totally different. You may realise for the first time how STEEP the ups and downs on the Nordschleife are, and how much trackside detail and graffiti there is.

I did like this in raceroom, when they had released their version of the Nordschleife, and already back then was stunned by the track. Somehow, in Raceroom you are a bit more aware of the many details while you race, thy still jump more into the eye, than they do in Assetto Corsa. Maybe it is because of the more contrasting colour palette. But the impression that ine can get, that AC's track is significantly more featureless, might prove to your eyes to be less significant than at first glance. Also, several of the places in AC had really something I can only describe at "atmosphere", and a sense of beauty.

If you never have done so, do it: choose photo-mode in a replay, and then walk down the whole track. With a DOF of around 20 and low above the surface of the track, and a lower sun. You will learn a very lot about the track this way that before has completely escaped you. Doing a slow lap in car, does not compensate for this walk. Take your time, stop in places, explore various standing positions, turn and watch around.

For me, it has renewed my appreciation for the track, and the artists who worked on it.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix Legends appreciation thread Mar 6, 2018
    Console Lounge Progress appreciation thread! Sep 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 2016 Modder Appreciation Thread. Dec 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Just wanted to fan my appreciation for Assetto Corsa Aug 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Praga R1 Appreciation Society... Aug 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room My own appreciation thread to the guys at kunos Mar 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Subaru impreza - appreciation thread Jul 2, 2014

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

We have track walk mode :)

4. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

It's even more incredible when you park the car on the track, get out of your car and walk around on the track in VR. :)

Seria17hri11er and Tberg like this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

In AC? How?

6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Not sure about the walking part but I've parked up on the inside of the carousel, moved to the left then reset VR position so had a bit more room to get out of the car and "sit" on the inside kerb watching cars come passt

7. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Your experience sounds similar to the one I've had with VR. Seeing tracks like the Nordschleife in 3D VR gives you a whole new appreciation for every bump, crest, banking, camber, and elevation change. Really cool to just stop the car and step out onto the track and look around.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Nice idea, all official tracks are worth doing this, and a lot of mods.

Super pro tip: If you want to fly faster, press ctrl.

Wish: I wish there were more online racing in Nords. Had a blast when ALOOG-1 made Lotus72D vs Ferrari 312T event at Nordschleife. It was a blast to have first four turns clean with full grid ~three times. Also it had only practice session, so it didn't took forever to get racing. Though 6minutes qually would have been better, maybe.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I use VR for trackviewing too, both original tracks, mods and my own project. It's such a great tool to get the "real" size experience and 3D view of things.
    @Radiantm3, you made me quit rhm and switch to lock to horizon, Nords terrain is incredible compared to when playing on monitors.

Radiantm3 likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Thought I missed something or some special VR stuff.

It remembered me of... I don't know if it was a video or gif, but one of the devs posted it where the driver entered the car, while it will not be in the game. Was neat, but I didn't find it anymore.