1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some thoughts from Marco Massarutto

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 25, 2013.

1. To me he sounds like a poster child for the under 23 generation.......hold my hand, don't make me think, give me everything and do it right now, everything sucks........I'm not saying this is the mantra for every young person nowadays, but it certainly pertains to a seemingly vast majority of them.

2. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

And again, he voices an opinion which reflects the stance of a big groupmof Customers of AC. You can dismiss that opinion (pérsonally I do too, but economically indo not), or as KS, you can think how to streamline the online experience.

I stopped playing rF1, because all the mods and track mismatches when trying to do some online pick-up racing made me ragequit more than once. iRacing on the other hand was perfect. Click and go, always sure it works. As I have an enormously busy job, a sim must work for me when I have some scarce spare time.

I hope Kunos gave some thought to the whole modding and online experience.

bellybuttonpoke likes this.
  3. silicijevadolina

silicijevadolina Simracer

Kunos You have my support!

4. I agree it needs to be worlds better that rf2 but you can't compare to iracing at all because there are no mods in iracing....Hopefully we can set up a server, (be real nice to have a description area on the server list) and go nice and simple...I'm not going to gripe or even worry about any of it until it is released and we see what we are dealing with...if it is horrible hopefully they will listen to suggestions to make it better but until it is released speculating is a waste of time...And irregardless I am not in favor or some group of people deciding what mods are good enough and can be released and which ones are crap and not allowed to be used...I am a grown adult that can try out a mod for myself and decide if I want to share it with my friends or not. I can't imagine if I spent months or longer learning how to mod and once I finally get something to work and I am proud of somebody tells me it is not of good enough quality and I can't share it.

I have nothing against people new to pc racing coming in and having AC find ways to simplify things....I just don't want my options to be limited because they would be too difficult for somebody to spend 30 seconds to figure out.

If you want a seamless works everytime situation like iracing it is simple; don't download mods and join rooms using only stock content

Ethan Dean and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. Mrwei

Mrwei Rookie

Thanks Kunos!
    Quality is the most important affair! Support you! Go go go!

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Some developers of dedicated idealism indeed do that. The developer of the best soaring simulator on the market, Condor, simply does not allow user-made planes, they allow skins and theatres, photorealistic scenery-making and other such cosmetic stuff, but they do not allow open access to physics of flight and atmosphere, weather: planes that got released in packs since first release of the simulator, all were made by themselves. This assures that in soaring competitions nobody can spoil the session for all others by showing up with some unrealistic physics and some kind of superglider.

Also doing like this, is eSim, although they also have legal obligations to meet due to their customers being defence ministries. They allow mission making for Steel Beasts, theater making to some degree, skin making and sound modding - but vehicles and their characteristics they do not allow to be made by the community, not weapons, not systems and sensors, nothing. Like with Condor, in SBP this helps to make sure the realism of the simulation does not get spoiled by modders who may act in best intention but maybe do not really know that much about for example their baby's physics as they assume themselves. Nor does the ordinary player have access to the needed technical data, and contacts to in-business staff. What eSim does, is listening to the community, and considering reasonable feedback and input based on technical facts that can be confirmed by unclassified data. And that is clever. We have seen this in two AC threads or so, where actual car owners gave feedback on the simulated cars, and interesting conversations between staff and these experienced car owners started.

However, I nevertheless wonder if one could really expect Kunos to have the final quality assuring word on modding content, at least if it is a car. Because one can expect that there will be plenty of cars coming out. And to assess them all with competence would need Kunos to gather all the technical knowledge about the given car model and its driving specifics. So maybe this solution is not realistic, because it would mean work overload for Kunos.

I myself do not care much for online gaming. For those who do, the most pragmatic solution probably would be to organise online races in such a way that either modded cars and original Kunos cars do not get mixed, or to have races done with the same cars for all, so to make all chances equal. That still may not guarantee realistic driving experiences for the individual players, and there will religious wars erupt between fans of modded cars and defenders of the Kunos standard of car making - but it would at least equalize the chances for all competing drivers.

In the end, servers need to be available in sufficient number and stability. Somebody wanting to race online, does not need an everchanging flock to race with, nothing wrong in having a small gang of buddies he meets regularly, instead of a huge crowd with ever changing name sin races. Choose your lads wisely, and stick with them. I see this being done by experienced players in other sims - and these people then stay together for years, sometimes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. This, a hundred times this. For years I looked forward to the day that there would be people in the other cars on track with me instead of AI...Once I got an xbox 360 and PGR 2 this dream finally became a reality...I have spent pretty much zero time with AI since then....I was on PGR and Forza 2 every night and within a short period of time every night there were 4 to 6 of us that always raced together; we had the same mindset towards the racing (treat it as real as we could) and were all pretty close talent and skill wise. That was over 7 years ago and 4 of us have AC and still talk almost everyday using Ventrillo. My best friends live halfway across the country and we have never met face to face.

Keith Horner Jr likes this.
  8. Paps

Paps Racer

The main problem i see is people who are impatient. Things take time to be made. The same thing is in iRacing. Some of the content takes like 1. year or more to complete once it is announce and 95% of people are fine with it. The other 5% are the same people who complain about AC.
    Plus there are many here who come from Forza, GT games and are spoiled for 1000+ or however much cars and tracks and demand stuff to come out as soon as they are announced. Dev team of 10 people just cant make that happen.

So people should chill out, relax and do something with the things that are available at this moment.

I am very happy about the announcement and am happy to wait for it to be released in 2014

JocoG, Patrik Marek and MBanzo like this.
  9. eobet

eobet Simracer

10. Masternick13

Masternick13 Gamer

Kunos will never be able to filter the mods, the best you could ask for is a download/update system like RF2 so when you find a server you don't have to go searching for the mod.

Server availability is really up to the community and its better this way, more control of what is happening with the servers and stability isn't a issue with the right hosts.

11. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

That was a brilliant post from Marco !! It needed to be said. Kunos have given us an amazing product and it's inevitable that STILL not everyone is going to like it or like every decision but that's just how it is. And it's always the squeaky wheel that gets heard the most.

Well Marcos, there are loads of us sim-racers who appreciate all the effort you put in to give this little community such an amazing product.
    Don't lets the minority of whingers get you down, just plod on regardless.

You do realise that reading a post that long kept me off AC for over 15 mins !! Have some consideration for the addicts !! :D

12. Cartman

Cartman Gamer

Excellent post Marco. Keep up the good work! I'm sure you guys at Kunos are on the right way with this product :)

13. javaj

javaj Gamer

Communication is the best feature in AC, we (the gamers) are not used to that. But we will, and then we will learn how to ask/demand/wait/appreciate/buy.
    Thank you for that. now i will go lap with the insane BMW M3 GrA

14. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Marco's post really made me think much more clearly about what was and is going on in Kunos, and made me much more rational about my expectations. I complained about the Nords announcement because I misunderstood what was going on in their development approach, how they feel about what they are doing and their financial situation.

For me it was a revelation and I'll probably never complain again, strongly suggest possibly, but not complain. With Marco I can see he is a hardworking dedicated guy that doesn't need any **** dished out. I now realize they need to do things the way they are doing them, *****ing because you misunderstood the possibilities of an announcement or don't like the direction is pointless, the reasons for anything done are by consultation with the community and fully discussed by the dev team. Complaining will do nothing but upset and distract this group of high-strung dedicated geniuses! :D

15. Deushazz

Deushazz Rookie

I always congratulate Marco on his licensing endeavors through facebook msging. I'm sure there are others like me who personally wishes him and I'm sure he enjoys every single one of them. This time I'd like to congratulate the whole team @ Kunos. Passion drives innovation. Long live Kunos!

16. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Kunos Simulazioni = Passion before Profit ! Quality before Quantity

I support Kunos 110 %

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  17. My thoughts:
    No Way Assetto Corsa can survive without our support! You have mine always.

Marco/AC Team I've been in since Day One (also own NKPro and FVA). Thanks for your honesty and pointing out Real Life Opportunities' for AC, I for one hope you stick with the Content and DLC as I will be in for all additions!

Aside:
    If possible someday, I would like to see an American Track Pack, you can stay at my place in Alabama when you scan Barber, but I know Barber Motorsports Park, they are outrageous in their pricing / rates for such things! But I still would like to see the following tracks someday:

Barber Motorsports Park
    Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
    Miller Motorsports Park
    Road Atlanta

18. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Gamer

Yo yo yo yo Kunos !!!!! I love DLC, make a bunch of them !! don't stop !!! also maybe I'll be lucky to get a LS track of Gilles Villeuneve from you guys ;)

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

problem is that most people will always want everything and for free , and that's not how you can run business

20. BigAustin

BigAustin Rookie

Just read that statement, and it is the most sensible thing I have read this year :)
    I for one will buy the content to keep this simulation on the right track....pun intended ;)
    To think the money I wasted on RF2, and never use it.
    keep up the great work