1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

That's it... No more AI for me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RelapseUK, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

As many of you will know I have been quite an avid defender of the development process and of the AI's early build stages.

I have now got to the point where I am so :mad:ANGRY:mad: that if this were real life, I would be off down the pit lane, lump hammer in hand to crack open the skull of most of the drivers.

<Lots of ranting that I thought best to delete.>

Until it's fixed I am sticking to hot lapping.

FireFloyd and Albert McSaltens like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer ACC is holding back Sim Racing [yes, that's the title the OP went with] Dec 17, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos That's why i like GT4 Aug 12, 2020
    Console Lounge Is it my PS4 or the game that's broken? Sep 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room That's why we need new Giulia Quadrifoglio Sep 10, 2016
    Console Lounge That's what we lack Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room That's how much i like AC Aug 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ummmmm! well that's what they do... right? Dec 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Well that's that then; no MP release today May 2, 2014

3. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

:D

5. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

So, no AI improvements in the latest update, I take it? None listed in the notes. Well, I feel your pain, I do not like racing in a field of $400,000 cars like it's demolition derby night for drunk drivers on a motocross track either, but we will just have to assume that they are getting a big AI enhancement ready for the next major update.

tombax338 likes this.
  6. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I think it's just not conducive to good health to carry on with an exercise in futility that will end up in some expensive kit getting damaged. It's not like I even have a short fuse or anger issues. But the fact that the AI is sooo remedial it shouldn't be in a go-cart let alone a half million pound supercar.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

well if no changes were listed it hard to expect different behavior isnt it? and its still improved over the first ai patch. probably ran into some snags with the coding this week and any ai tweaks were cut would be my best guess since unless my memory is lacking they indicated last week in that interview there would be ai changes.

probably caused more problems than fixed anything. so was shoved back for next week or maybe a bonus patch in a few days.

8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

few cars got some fixes, but they didnt mentioned it

9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

AI definitely has changed a little though. Now only one car in a pack brakes midcorner for no reason, instead of all of them :p

But hey, it's all WIP and for a first attempt at AI in a title I reckon it's grand. Once the first lap is out of the way, there's some neat dueling to be found with the front runners, in my experience at least.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Cerebus23 probably nailed it. I expect a major update dedicated to AI improvements some time soon.

I understand the OP's frustrations, though, as the AI behavior in races is, above all else, an immersion-killer. Nobody who attempts to race a top-tier production sports car like these in the manner of AC's current AI would ever get close to one again on somebody else's dime anyway. Part of the realism of racing these cars is to make them go as fast as possible while preserving them; they are like thoroughbred racehorses. It would be more realistic to hammer the engines than to smash up the cars from T1 onwards the way the AI currently does.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Backmarker and Darren Blythe like this.
  11. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I have not said anything about this update. As such if there was an announcement that the AI had undergone fixes I doubt I would be so upset.

I just cannot attempt to play with such disrespect and bad sportsmanship anymore. I am not diminishing the fabulous work that Kunos has achieved so far, this is in no way meant in that way. this is a personal choice based on the level of the AI at present.

I hope I have in some small way helped give feedback to the KS team on the overall gaming experience. But, on this aspect AI, I feel I am no longer in a position to assist with the further development at this stage.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  12. magzire

magzire Alien

I wish there was no AI and spend the valuable time on MP

13. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I'd be very disappointed if they do not fulfill their commitment to incorporate competent AI. I do not always have time for MP and this is the first proper race sim since GTR2 to offer competitive SP. What's more I think AC's AI is promising, even as a very imperfect WIP. So, keep at it, devs, I say.

UOPshadow likes this.
  14. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

Ridiculous if there where no Ai = no single player game, plus not as many sales I for one would not buy just a multi player game

UOPshadow likes this.
  15. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

The thing is that a lot of what is required for MP, is also required for AI. Stuff such as collisions, damage, race procedures etc. are much more manageable when they're developed in a controlled AI environment than throwing it untested into MP. A lot of the information and experience Kunos is gaining from the implementation of AI will make sure the introduction of MP is much smoother when it happens. There is a place for both, but implementing them in this order makes complete sense.

mistery, alex72, UOPshadow and 8 others like this.
  16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Must we have this discussion SP versus MP every couple of days again and again...? The fact that there are several times as many players who never race online than there are racers who do, has been demonstrated repeatedly, and Kunos have frankly admitted they never intended to set up an equivalent to iRacing. To please SPs, is economic reason, for it directly translates into sales numbers and thus: income. There is a reason why iRacing is not one-time buy, but abonement with buying a time-limited subscription only - which must be renewed once the time is over.

17. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Agreed, this is not meant as a MP v SP thread. so anymore discussion about MP please use the other threads that are already full of ranting on that regard.

18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Skybird perfect words!
    Unfair against Kunos to open such hating topics, because one thing isnt working perfectly, just ridiculous. :confused:

19. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Nobody is hating anyone in this thread.

20. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I meant this:
    [​IMG]

Note the red text and why is he getting that angry.
    Thats what i call "hating".

Backmarker likes this.
  21. He made a rant and deleted it before posting and you are calling him out on it......

facepalm-cat-e1342180985100.jpg

Backmarker, kolbenfresa and RelapseUK like this.