1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

That's it... No more AI for me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RelapseUK, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I think your mistaken, watch the replay of your next race and you will see that AI bouncing off each other like bumpers in a pinball game. it's not that they don't hit each-other its that they recover instantaneously. Something us humans are incapable of.

Yes this AI is an awesome simulation of XBLive pubic race rooms, but I'm kinda looking for a simulation of real world racing.

As was stated earlier this will likely make races less exciting, but sign me up for boring.

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Tested this more, it seems as if I get directly in front of an AI car, it acknowledges me. But, if I only get like my rear light (maybe a foot or two) in front of the AI and let go of the gas, the AI just continuous to keep its path when overtaking, resulting in the AI coptailing me. So it's like that the window for the AI to recognize the player car is too narrow or something?

Strummer likes this.
  3. Aceking

Aceking Racer

It's called AI aggression level (too strong) plus the AI feelers maybe needing some fine-tuning.

Also, if players are setting up races with more than 5 laps then the more laps you increase the race the more mistakes you will be experiencing from the AI do to tire wear which becomes increasingly excessive on super-soft tires which are usually their "default tires!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    o0thx11380o likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Okay, thanks for clearing up

5. plaid

plaid Alien

On topic of aggression:
    I think a slider would be great, not only for individual preferences, but for set a higher aggression for short races, where a Ai caused crash isnt that frustrating and lower for kinda endurance races, where the potential of frustration can be reeeally high.

6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

AC has tyre wear?

7. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Yes, but make sure it's turned on!

8. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

It's on, I just can't see it displayed anywhere.

9. I have to admit that after the special event with the tatuus on Monza, I felt like crying a bit... :(

10. Guys, don't look at AI as all of them were equal. On some cars they are insane but on others they are ok most of the time/situations. On GTs, Mclaren GT3, BMW Z4 GT3 and P4/5 are ok but Zonda, 599xx and BMW M3 GT2 aren't. On one to one with us, good cars behave not bad but when other cars are nearby accidents start to happen. Try a race with only good AI cars and let them go on first 2 or 3 corners without overlaping them, then start your race.
    If we put them all in the same bag, not only our experience will be ruined but our feedback to developers wouldn't be as acurate as it could be.

11. well said Alexandre

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd like to able able to choose. Compared to other sims where the AI drives in a single groove like a Scalextric the AC AI does feel very dynamic. I'd like to keep this AI, with its rough edges ironed out, for quick race mode with something more realistic for full race mode.

MsportDAN likes this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah could easily be the best AI i have ever raced against.

14. its definitely miles ahead of rFactor 2 AI - thats for sure. I have never been able to finish a race there due to the wrecking AI - you can't race in a pack with them - they ignore you and run into you. You can separately control their strength and aggression - these controls don't mean the same across all the cars. Turning down their strength makes them drive at less than full throttle on the straights but they are just as fast in the corners. They drive around in a close line that looks like a train flying around the track with only one or two meters separating each car. Its a real shame because they have some nice cars in rFactor2 that it would be fun to race AI in.

AC AI are MUCH better - you CAN race in a pack to some degree of success depending on the car. They are slower in the corners and full throttle on straights when you turn down the strength. They don't race around in a huge single file train.

15. Aceking

Aceking Racer

In the "realism" pane you can see the "assists" which are= Stability control, Mechanical damage, Fuel consumption, and "Tire wear" so simply click on this pane if you care to change anyone of these!

16. For the sake of fairness, I have been part in races without AIs that looked exactly the same...:p

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014