1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

That's it... No more AI for me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RelapseUK, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I did Mugello FAbarth ,11 laps, and very very well, no accidents, AI very polite, need to improve ofc but very well for me atm.
    I did a GT3 mix in Monza with Z4, P4 and MP4 and the same, very fun and no accidents, AI drove clean and now avoids dive bombs, not perfect but very good, several great fights (I used MP4 first and Z4 after). I tried at Silverstone and very good too, I think AI has been improved. :)

2. Igano

Igano Rookie

I have noticed some improvements from the AI, they are better at avoiding me. Still not perfect though but it's improved. I didn't see anything written about AI in the patch notes and I am wondering if it was a ninja fix or just a placebo?

Nahkamarakatti and Edu Martinez. like this.
  3. They are still clueless in the 1m at vallelunga......will try other combos later

4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I thought about this thread last night when I did the FAbarth /Monza event. I've worked hard on this car/track combo and can race at 1:55 per lap, which is probably at least 1 sec/lap faster than the AI on Hard. However, much to my disappointment. it was still a mess. The biggest issue with the AI is that they do not anticipate contact, so they will shunt into the back of you or barge into you from the side to get onto your line. At times it almost seems as if they get vengeful about being passsed and want to wreck you!

The result, for me anyway, was having to race very cautiously, measuring my passes very carefully. Because of the AI behavior, I settled for 7th out of 12 after 5 laps, even though, as I said, I had by far the better pace.

That just ain't right, is it?

Maybe if I tried it on Alien, the AI wouldn't be such roadblocks, what do you think?

5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Run 10 laps, then you can catch only the first AI Racer on alien.

6. Yesterday I've made one of better offline GT races that I remember in any game. AI is still far from perfect but on some cars they are already very nice and as good or even better than majority of public servers.
    -To everyone try Silverstone, 10 laps with 4 Mac GT3, 4 BMW Z4 GT3 and 4 P4/5, 100%. Don't put BMW M3 GT2 as AI becouse they are much worst than others. Use the car you want but I was on Mac GT3.
    -Let them do first 2 ou 3 corners without undertake anyone and then you are free to go. Respect them as they were human and keep space as you would do with human drivers. I had a blast and finished 5 behind P4/5s but took me 9 laps to get there.
    I tryied to make a movie but something happens because I can't find file. Will try another tonight.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

There are improvements, but the outcome is rather subtile, I believe. Or it is cause I started babysitting them ("Oh, an AI, prepare to be screwed! Countermeasures!"), but overall even they often cause disaster,
    and that NOT only at the beginning, the disastercount is reduced.

But overall they should handle situations better, instead that you act for them.

Anyway, a tip of r the OP regarding AI: NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING!

While games became prettier - even gameplay and story-wise mostly dull - AI somehow is still in its children-shoes. For the market its mostly functional it seems, so why bother spending money...
    Anyway its an extremly complex task. And while in an arcadegames small bumps cause no realistic effect or you can handle them unrealisticly, in a sim some bad movements cause disaster.
    There are uncountable situations you cant programme each to let them act perfect.

Anyway, in case Kunos improves it further, there is quite some potential for a good AI.
    But it will take time.

With a race Alexandre mentioned, I can have some fun, even I need to babysit them especially at the beginning and driving with a slight paranoia.
    But unlike real players, it doesnt thinking about making pancakes or watch p***, while being bored driving, so its superior to public servers, aka meatbags.

8. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

You reckon I'd only get 11th out of 12 over 10 laps on Alien at 1:55 - 1:56 per lap?

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

I always try to race very cautiously and measure my passes very carefully when racing the AI or "Humans". I can run very fast hotlaps too but in race mode it's a whole new set of race standards for me and as a result will sometimes slow my fastest lap times considerably but assures the safety of my fellow drivers wheather they are human or AI. :)

I believe you can get the best experience from a race against the AI if you treat them on the track like you would against humans!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Fair enough, but a competent driver will do his best to avoid contact when being passed by a clearly faster individual. The AI are wreckers in this respect.

11. Aceking

Aceking Racer

I agree the AI are far from perfect in every race thus they occasionally do make some terrible mistakes, but i also experienced terrible behavior by human wreckers in my many races on open servers! :(

Also note that AC programmed mistakes into the AI to either brake late or too soon and not hit the correct lines and several other mistakes in an attempt to make them more interesting so they need to fine-tune this behavior till they get it to where it's more realistic.

12. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

I feel your pain... there are some track-car combinations that are better, some are worse. But even in the best combinations, the AI tend to make over aggressive moves. Some are quite basic, and I really don't get why they have not being addressed yet, such as the punt from behind at the start of some races.

Anyway, from what I tested, I think the AI with the FXX has to be one of the worst, really. It seems the more planted the car (harder suspension, for instance) the less lunatic the AI is. The FXX for some reason, is somewhat soft, and the AI is all over the place, literally.

Latest example of it:

13. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Yes, this is definitely bad track behavior by the AI and it looks as if AC needs to decrease the aggression for this car make. Thanks for sharing! :)

What was your AI strength difficulty set to? Note: Try decreasing the strength setting to hopefully lessen this aggression since there isn't an aggression setting as yet!

14. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

96%... it is a good balance for me. I don't touch setups, because I get bored by that. I just sit down and drive. At 96% is not too easy to beat them, not too hard to not be able to catch the first position.

Another grand move...

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Racer

AI is awful at this stage, and I'm done racing against it until improvements are made. Just too much frustration for me to take!

However I am sure that the AI will be awesome at some point in time.

RelapseUK likes this.
  16. Aceking

Aceking Racer

That AI shortcut move over the rumble strip thus losing control clearly shows that the AIW path needs to be tightened up for this track. o_O

With these AI problems still lurking i'am really surprised that AC didn't address atleast some of these problems in this recent update! :(

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  17. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

Field of 12 GT3 Z4s and Macs at Imola, give plenty of room up until Tosa and you are good to go. Had a lot of fun there trying both cars this evening.

As for the AI not being qualified to drive such expensive machinery there are plenty of humans less qualified in my experience of open server multiplayer!

Mogster and Cote Dazur like this.
  18. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

And another one... this is onboard the AI, and I am making the pass on the inside. Imola seems particularly rough in terms of AI. I just hope the Devs take a look at this videos. At least on my end, is just so them can see the AI in action, and try to figure out which part of the code is doing that.

19. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Agree 100% on this!

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Again the AI is shortcutting over the rumble strip so the AIW (AI path) needs to be addressed here! I fixed some of these same type problems on tracks that were converted to rFactor and Race07.

Manav likes this.