1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Daz730, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Although that Opel Astra TCR is a one I envy...

Scuderia Paul and pippo10 like this.
  2. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Personally, I'm kinda impressed by that car list, as I'm interested in the motorsport categories SMS focused on, like touring cars, super silhouettes and FIA GT prototypes. Plus, they still needs to confirm many cars from the first title and officially reveal brands like Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Toyota etc. Good times ahead.

bradleyland and DatNoiseV12 like this.
  3. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

me too. i like car lists built around rivals. thats how it should be always and devs like sms and sector 3 get it.

4. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

You're either tolling, or you have the narrowest preference for racing cars of any sim racer I've ever met.

LeDude83 and ZX636 like this.
  5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...-cars-2-with-ol-calhoun-ridin-shotgun?lang=en

"This Sunday, a world champion comes to the Indy 500 seeking to add his name to an elite list of world champions who have come to the Brickyard and won it all. Back in 1965, another legend skipped Monaco to come win at the Brickyard, and in Project CARS 2, you’ll be able to recreate both eras with the current crop of Dallara DW12s coming alongside Jim Clark’s Lotus 38, and the classic USAC roadster that robbed Clark of it all—Parnelli Jones’s red-white-and-blue Ol’ Calhoun …"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ol’ Calhoun, the Lotus 38, and the 1968 Chapman-Granatelli STP Pratt & Whitney twin-turbine Lotus 56 are all coming to Project CARS 2, along with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in late 2017 for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC

DatNoiseV12, bradleyland and paul_wev like this.
  6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

"There’s something on the horizon.."

[​IMG]

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  7. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Porsche 911 GT3 ;)

8. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

yeah thats definitely the gt3 rs.
    i wonder how many race cars sms will include, besides the 935 and the 991 gt3, which were already shown, albeit unofficially. hoping for a 962 to be added to the gtp field and i'm pretty sure the gt1 98 will show up as well, since they already have the f1 gtr, the clk and the panoz.

Daz730 likes this.
  9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

10. bradleyland

That's high praise coming from Patrick Long. Patrick is a very serious kind of person. It's interesting to watch him at the meet & greet events at IMSA races. Some of the drivers are a lot more light-hearted. Not that I don't like him, but he's just a different kind of racer. He's kind of "all business". If he thinks they've nailed the connection, I believe him.

It's going to be very interesting to see how pCARS 2 has changed from their first iteration. They managed to get some racers on board last time, but not at this level (no disrespect to Rene Rast).

ZX636 likes this.
  11. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Oh boy, the 936 is part of their lineup. I wasn't expecting a rival for the A442, but SMS delivered!

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Was he ever going to say otherwise on when he is speaking on behalf of SMS?

alex21212121 likes this.
  13. bradleyland

I think it's more likely that he wouldn't be on board at all if he didn't feel confident in what he was saying. In other words, we wouldn't hear from him.

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Money talks, maybe he doesn't care? Or in the more likely case, he's in a position where he can't say nah I'm not saying that because I don't agree? Not saying that he isn't talking the truth, but it is 100% marketing talk. Just like the Mclaren guy when he very cleverly started off his marketing talk with "I thought it was way off" only to eventually get it spot on. It's all well thought out marketing.

LeDude83 and rich1e I like this.
  15. bradleyland

That's always a question when you're dealing with endorsements like this. Even if he wasn't paid directly, there's the partnership between SMS and Porsche, which will result in pressure applied to factory drivers. Everyone is different though. Porsche doesn't have a long history of pimping their drivers. You don't see many endorsements like this from them outside of the Porsche product line, and in the racing community in general, Porsche is regarded as one of the best places to be a factory driver. This is largely because of the purity of Porsche's interest & investment in motorsport. I had a bit of a chuckle when Patrick made the low key remark about Porsche's motorsports involvement. I cannot think of another manufacturer who has a longer, more consistent, and deeply entrenched motorsports commitment. Maybe Ferrari if you look at it proportionally (Ferrari is a much smaller company).

The short version is that I'm generally skeptical of marketing partnerships of this sort, but I have an extra level of trust for Porsche and Porsche factory drivers. Keep in mind, I'm a BMW Motosports fan, and when it comes to race day, I'm rooting against Porsche every time lol.

rich1e I likes this.
  16. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I think this is 100% true, just marketing, but it doesn't mean he wasn't involved in handling development driving, testing and giving advices. I'm pretty sure this will be one awesome racing sim. I can't wait for this title to be released.

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I don't disagree with this at all. My main post was it's completely irrelevant if some racer or whoever tied to the project says wonderful things about it. We should treat it as nothing more than marketing and only take on board what real customers say when a product is released. Remember Ben Collins and Lewis waxed lyrical about how real Pcars1 was too.

svenvangent and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yep, basically this applies to every single advertisement in TV, radio or wherever. The products shown are of course the best in the world, if not, in the universe. I haven't been listening anymore for years now.
    We'll see if SMS has learned from whatever caused the complete mess during development. Ben Collins&Co. actually weren't that far off regarding the PC version. The problem was the port to consoles. That was just awfully translated, but basically the game has every feature I personally would expect to be in a racing sim. I can't believe SMS hasn't learned from the problems they were facing with the first title.

pippo10 and Jezza819 like this.
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I had some problems with PCars 1 in the first few weeks but I guess I got lucky and got in touch with a guy that gave me a basic template to follow for the FFB. Once I got that it got very good for me. I only had to tweak a few cars here or there. That basic formula worked on almost everything else. I wasn't big on the street cars in that game but it worked on most all of the other race cars. It's my favorite racing game by far.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a Japanese Super GT race on the NISMO channel on Youtube and the chat got around to racing games. One of the guys that's had access to PCars 2 was in there. Don't know if he was a SMS team member, developer or what but he said that the FFB is going to be more straight out of the box ready this time around so I'm assuming that it's going to be comparable to AC.

rich1e I likes this.
  20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

TBh I don't care if Pcars2 doesn't have the best physics, I have AC for that. I just hope it has its issues from Pcars1 ironed out because I'm sure it will be a great game.

Scuderia Paul likes this.