1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

When all the admin commands are going to be implemented we will also need a section in the lobby where check the server's settings (tire wear on/off, damage on/off, allowed driving aids ecc)

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

When are we going to have the ability to delete setupsdirectly from ingame?

Jebus and Shaddix like this.
  3. Soki

Soki Gamer

We really need the administrator password to manage the server and the Ctrl + V in the chat :D

4. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

is anyone having issues with high cpu warnings and a little slo-mo while online, it was always after crossing the line at mugello all through to 1st corner, guybrush thriftwood you were on the server at the same time, did you notice anything? (I was the one you let past on your outlap and then I almost managed to get out of the way of you on the following lap, srry dude)

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

I just noticed that in freejoin you can only have as many cars as open slots. Hoped to add like all cars but 15 slots so you could choose any of the existing cars, but it only shows the first 15 cars in my entry list. With booking you could have all cars and 5 slots for example.

Also noticed you couldnt have more tracks than 1 in freejoin, but that was known i heared. Hope the nr of cars can be stretched above the nr of slots so you can choose whatever car you like.

Sean and Jebus like this.
  6. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Sadly it will not, I think. For avoiding stutters when someone joins all the cars are loaded at the start of the race, if you can select your car outside the listed ones all the clients will need to load it...

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

today i noticed something that should be handled different.
    I joined a non booking server, was 14. car in that race. Raced there and waited on next start, wanted to save replay. While doing that, i clicked false and closed AC. After rejoining i was first :D Normally the new ones should be the last one especially without quali.

8. Pascal.Hek

Pascal.Hek Gamer

Also when a race is about to start and someone new joins. He can already start from the pits while you still wait for the green light.

9. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

True

I've also noted that even after refreshing the list, the servers are showing a number of drivers different from the real one (that is well visible in the server info list)

10. I gather you mean me? I don't recall that particular session, but I haven't been getting any slow down or frame rate issues other than at the start of a race with 15 or so people in my mirrors. I figure this is probably because of the smoke generated in my mirrors when everyone takes off.

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

yes you thripweed ;) it seems to have gone now, same server, track and number of racers without it today

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

So far I've seen nothing but white cars at freejoin servers. I guess it's because of that entry list needed for them(?). Gets a bit annoying as it's a big immersion killer.

13. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Yes, the admin needs to edit in the skins to eliminate the default white cars. Using the acServerLauncher makes this process painless!

14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Its easy enough to do with the server launcher but still a little tedious, would be good if you could just select the number of each car you want and then have it just auto select a random set of skins, at the moment you have to go through and click a skin for each entry, and keep count of how many youve done too

WallyM likes this.
  15. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

Well, for one, pre-booked means you can give each member a different car, or, if the same car, then different skins. Plus you can put in other names other than their steam name. In our ACWorld (USA typically) league we use real names.

So there is a point to pre-booking. As far as booking goes, why not keep it for those who want to use it. It's better to have more options that can be used or not used than not having options at all.

Alan

16. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Even when i set the skins up on the launcher, it seems to give any skin to any car and not keep them to the car you have set them to

17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Wow really.. Replay now remembers the time of day, and i can't change it, why was that a good idea Kunos? I loved recording a replay at a different time then it was actually driven.. :/

18. gigelis

gigelis Gamer

funny thing today,played MP gt3 cars at silverstone i was at the pits at practice session setting up the car and the car starts,enters the track and it was cruising,i hit back to pits it came back and before i finish the setup it goes again.could it be because we finish the 1st race and voted for restart session?

19. kro

kro Simracer

Ya I had the "95%CPU WARNING" last night on my server It kept popping up a lot in practice ;-( And in Q I had slow/choppy frames but the race was smooth with 12 cars, even the race start was smooth with all of us on the grid and no 95% CPU WARNING for the entire 15 lap race .. it only came in practice and the 10 min Q .. Q was a slide show .. so I thought the race was going to be real bad but to my suprize it ran great for the race :confused:? Maybe I have to tweak my bandwidth settings .. I have 1.5megs up and 15megs down ..I left it at the default 15mhz setting ... can I crank it up a bit and if so how much ? 15 to 17 - 20 ? ? I saw the table the devs left but I didn't really understand it .. lol :eek:

20. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

I am going to assume your 1.5 megs up and 15megs down is in Megabits to figure out what that is in KiloBytes is roughly 10% of the Megabits speed we will ignore the down speed as its not that important when hosting.

Your upload speed equates to about 187 KiloBytes so I would imagine at default 15Hz with 12 players you are pretty close to the max your upload can handle if you increase the Hz to use more bandwidth you will no doubt have to reduce the players as each player will be using more KiloBytes.

If look at my sig I have 125Megabits down and 11Megabits up my upload equates to around 1375 KiloBytes.

This is the table kunos posted, you could try a Hz of 20 but I would start with say 10 players max to see how it handles or just leave it how it is currently as you are probably close to maxxing your upload.

Clients = Kilobytes /sec upstream

5 = 23KB/s
    8 = 66KB/s
    10 = 106KB/s
    15 = 247KB/s
    20 = 448KB/s
    25 = 708KB/s
    30 = 1026KB/s